Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Appleman

Barrow Raiders v Workington Town Video Highlights

14 posts in this topic

I don't wonder Murray was furious, it was a one man tackle, and the ball was lost,

I don't wonder Murray was furious, it was a one man tackle, and the ball was lost,

I know you don't want to accept it alba but have another look there is definitely two players in the tackle and it was a definite strip, you can't get it any clearer.   

I know you don't want to accept it alba but have another look there is definitely two players in the tackle and it was a definite strip, you can't get it any clearer.

Two things Keith, I can only see one tackler, and the ball came out very easily on contact, the other thing is Barrow carried out 24 tackles on the trot, and not a penalty given away, the ball was lost twice during this period and the ref gave Workington two scrums , I was stood right behind the post, and Workington could, have gone all night and not gone over, the only way they could win was a drop goal or penalty, there is no way barrow would try to rip the ball out with seconds left and give Workington a penalty in front of the posts. the four main decisions against barrow were actually given by the linesman.

I don't know about all the other things you mention as I wasn't at the match but looking at the video there is a player behind the Town player who put his hands on the Town player and another Barrow player knocks the ball out of the Town players hands.   Take another look at it and watch the ref he took all of 2 seconds to signal a penalty.    I had settled for two points each to quite honest.

There was definitely two men in the tackle but it looked like he just let go of it and lost the ball

Well just looking at the video was Barrow try a forward pass?????

Of course it was.

Well just looking at the video was Barrow try a forward pass?????

The one near the half-way line looked forward, yes.   But what does it matter now, gotta move on.

YOU could have said the same about 2 in the tackle what does it matter now, letts move on???? i was just making an observation.

Two things Keith, I can only see one tackler, and the ball came out very easily on contact, the other thing is Barrow carried out 24 tackles on the trot, and not a penalty given away, the ball was lost twice during this period and the ref gave Workington two scrums , I was stood right behind the post, and Workington could, have gone all night and not gone over, the only way they could win was a drop goal or penalty, there is no way barrow would try to rip the ball out with seconds left and give Workington a penalty in front of the posts. the four main decisions against barrow were actually given by the linesman.

you talk as though barrow are a free scoring side. Remember you were at home and only scored by a massively forward pass.

Its all about opinions regarding the ripped ball but was the line breaking pass for barrows try not clearly forward? IMO it was So even if it wasn't a rip then things evened themselves out. Best of luck for the season.

you talk as though barrow are a free scoring side. Remember you were at home and only scored by a massively forward pass.

The best team on the day won.

Fishing must be poor on the Derwent ,you all seem to be trying your luck down here. Have a good season,