Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSN

Murray steps down.

72 posts in this topic

Murray has stepped down due to work commitments according to the Barrowraiders Twitter page? Is this true? If so it's a big blow.

Anthony Murray steps down as head coach.

Due to an unexpected and immediate change in Anthony Murray's full time working commitments Anthony has informed the Board of Directors that he has no choice but to stand down as Head Coach with immediate effect. Anthony is devastated by this turn of events but has no choice other than to put his full time job first.

Phil Atkinson and Dean Marwood will take over the full time coaching duties for the immediate future.

The Board would like to wish Anthony all the best for the future and look to continue all the good work Anthony has put in place during his time at the club

Official Statement From The Board Of Directors

Feel sorry for the guy . Feel sorry for everyone involved .. Despite the result Sunday really felt this was gonna be a great season . Just need the lads to keep their confidence and belief that he instilled in them and carry on !

You mean sacked.

No steps down as in it was his choice. Don't know where you got sacked from you lads up the coast really do baffle me at times.

Bl##dy hell rumours will kick in now lol !!!

He said something to the ref on sunday after the game that was totally out of order apparently got reported for it

It is Murray's decision to go but Mjc u are right .. Let the rumours begin !!

Dave Clark was at the game Sunday???? Just thought I throw it in

Where do we turn to now? they weren't exactly queuing up to take the job the last time!

P.S Many thanks to Anthony Murray for all his hard work over the last 6 months.

Was listening to bbc RC the other day and the were interviewing ste mac, he said he was itching to get back into a coaching role and that his break from coaching made him even more hungry to get back.

He would be my 1st choice by a long way but hey its not my choice.

Was listening to bbc RC the other day and the were interviewing ste mac, he said he was itching to get back into a coaching role and that his break from coaching made him even more hungry to get back.

He would be my 1st choice by a long way but hey its not my choice.

Can we afford him this time round and would he be willing to return after the way Des treat him last time

Can we afford him this time round and would he be willing to return after the way Des treat him last time

Des isn't here now so I'm not sure why that would bother him

I say find someone new. Why always go back to people who've been here before? There's a reason they are not here now!! No disrespect to any of them but get someone new in with Deano and Phil the boot as assistants

Des isn't here now so I'm not sure why that would bother him

. If I recall correctly (correct me if I am wrong ), did he not also step down because of work commitments

. If I recall correctly (correct me if I am wrong ), did he not also step down because of work commitments

Yeah I think he has a teaching job in Wigan/Warrington

I think that we have to push the boat out so to say and definitely sign him up, he's a class coach and one who has passion for cumbrian clubs, and des ain't around no more so I can't see that causing a problem.

Thats Just what I think.