Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

Koukash confirms wife’s interest in purchasing Bulls

184 posts in this topic

Be a Good Cup Final wouldnt it?  First time the 2 Chairmen walk out holding hands!

Great news if she pulls the deal off & thats from a Salford fan.

Be a Good Cup Final wouldnt it?  First time the 2 Chairmen walk out holding hands!

Great news if she pulls the deal off & thats from a Salford fan.

[Pedant mode]It wouldn't be the first though. Gary & Kath Hetherington walked out together as respective chairs of Leeds & Hull for the 2005 cup final/

Anyone who comes in would have to work hard and smart to win over the wounded Bulls fans.

I think we'd be warm and welcoming, but certainly wary of bad news for a good few seasons.

I'd be slightly worried if I were a Salford fan! With the investment Salford have had the Bulls would be pulling in 15000 now at Odsal .How long before Koukash realises hes going to lucky to get half that at Salford and decides that Bradford is by far the better option long term?

I can't see a problem. Bradford need a rich owner and its appears there is one waiting in the wings.

And I know I'm firmly in the significant minority in this one, but I find it difficult to buy in to the hype surrounding Koukash and his money / aims / motives & dreams. I have an in built suspicion of the "saviours" that miraculously appear when a club is on its 'arris and put forward spectacular plans which generate media & supporter interest proclaiming a life-long love of the game. Then when the initial hubbub settles you usually find out that the interest isn't really that strong and the motives are somewhat less than philanthropic. I hope for everyone's sake that I'm wrong - and I'd be happy to be proved so, but I can't get over the feeling that something isn't quite what it seems.

I'd be slightly worried if I were a Salford fan! With the investment Salford have had the Bulls would be pulling in 15000 now at Odsal .How long before Koukash realises hes going to lucky to get half that at Salford and decides that Bradford is by far the better option long term?

Can't see it being a problem. If he was just looking to buy big clubs, he wouldn't have bid for Swinton. He surely realises that they are a club that will be lucky to get attendances a tenth of those Salford get.

And I know I'm firmly in the significant minority in this one, but I find it difficult to buy in to the hype surrounding Koukash and his money / aims / motives & dreams. I have an in built suspicion of the "saviours" that miraculously appear when a club is on its 'arris and put forward spectacular plans which generate media & supporter interest proclaiming a life-long love of the game. Then when the initial hubbub settles you usually find out that the interest isn't really that strong and the motives are somewhat less than philanthropic. I hope for everyone's sake that I'm wrong - and I'd be happy to be proved so, but I can't get over the feeling that something isn't quite what it seems.

I take it then you were equally skeptical when McManus and his buddy arrived at Saints' door in 2002?  We were over 2 mill in debt and on the verge of administration.  They came along and saved the club.

His buddy returned to the far east, but McManus is still here.  And we now have a shiny new stadium.

Sometimes saviours do exist and they do stick around.

I'm still sceptical - is there any Bulls fan out there who isn't with what has gone on in the past two years - but if she has put a bid in then this, for me, is the only option for the club. If rumours are true of the other people who have their hat in the ring, (including two former recent chairmen - good look with that if you take over lads...!) then this is far and away the best of a very bad bunch.

Also, Bradford need an owner that can come and give without taking, so Mandy is perfect.

(Don't worry, I had my coat on as I wrote that)

S

Can't see it being a problem. If he was just looking to buy big clubs, he wouldn't have bid for Swinton. He surely realises that they are a club that will be lucky to get attendances a tenth of those Salford get.

Perhaps Dr Koukash is interested in Swinton as he might intend to use it as some kind of feeder club for Salford.  Swinton supporters will be in a better position to comment.

Also, Bradford need an owner that can come and give without taking, so Mandy is perfect.

(Don't worry, I had my coat on as I wrote that)

Nice.

*doffs cap*

Hope this all comes about, It's the best "and probably the only thing" that will get the Bulls back where they want to be, All a bit early days of course but if it does go through I hope there is a plan to leave Odsal, Lot easier said than done but still i hope it does happen.

Bulls fans deserve some good news, and to be honest i have never seen them as bad news as regards games, crowds etc.  It has been getting silly lately but that's hardly the fans fault.

It is not old fashioned to see Koulash as the éminence grise in this.

Not at all and I'm struggling to see past that (although I'm not convinced that's a bad thing).

Nonetheless, it's not really a reason to patronise his wife.

When first buying Salford and saying he wanted to buy the stadium as well, he added that he only wanted it if he could have the retail development too. And with Swinton, his proposal to build a new stadium was only if he could also have the retail development. Seems to be a common thread to me. Bradford appears to be a different kettle of fish, but maybe he wants to get into the landfill business............

. his interest in Swinton is subject to having council backing for developing Swinton town centre!

I have said to a number of people that Dr K is first & foremost a Property Developer & I am sure Odsal will see a change in the next 5 years one way or other.  Good luck to the good ship `Mandy`.

Surely if they got divorced he would keep salford an she would keep bradford. As it is her who is doen as buyin it and would be the owner.

Of course. Excuse me, I was being a div.

Fortunately, it's now 2014 and not 1894, so your old fashioned rubbish rather misses the point.

Beat me too it.....

When first buying Salford and saying he wanted to buy the stadium as well, he added that he only wanted it if he could have the retail development too. And with Swinton, his proposal to build a new stadium was only if he could also have the retail development. Seems to be a common thread to me. Bradford appears to be a different kettle of fish, but maybe he wants to get into the landfill business............

The Odsal site is massive. You could build a large trading estate on it a and still have room for the stadium. The old 'superdome' plan, which was kicked back by the government, was dependent on retail being built on the site alongside the rugby stadium so it wouldn't mean much to the fans and would probably be welcomed by the council [who still own the site, despite many believing itm is the RFL], especially if there were jobs attached.

Just a minute. That is on the assumption that they don't have a joint account, right?

Personally I dont think a couple should be allowed to own/control 2 different clubs.It just opens up the possibility of manipulation. Whats to stop the clubs doing deals behind closed doors and manipulating things? Its something the RFL for me would have to look into very carefully. If the rumours are true on Swinton, Oldham and now Bradford thats 4 Clubs Koukash would have control over and could use to his benefit. 

2. Why be offensive in relation to Gary and Kath?

3. She is married to the man, not dangling from strings held by him. Also, The Married Women's Property Act of 1893 saw to it that the club will belong to Mrs K and her property will remain her own. No more do we, or our property, belong to our husband once marriage has commenced, except in the psyche of the patriarchy.

4. Good on Sally Bolton for proving to you that perhaps women are capable of operating in a man's world. Welcome to 2014.

2. Why am I being offensive ? I am saying that having two people in one family with one a woman being heavily involved in two separate clubs did not prove to be a problem with the Hetheringtons and so this will probably be the case with Koukash and spouse.

How you find offense there is beyond me.

3. I think the inference is that of collusion between the two parties in the marriage to the advantage of either club as against the interests of the rest of the league. Despite any Victorian Acts of Parliament, if two people are in a good marriage, they will be a partnership and may very well act in concert to improve their businesses or finances or anything which improves their lot in life.

4. You have taken entirely the wrong slant on my comments re Sally Bolton. She didn't need to prove anything to me re the competency of women. I was already very well aware of it and have been in 2014 for many years. I was holding her up as a shining example of what women can achieve as regards her work on the World Cup, the inference being that Mrs Khoukash could well work wonders at Bradford if she has similar levels of expertise and competency.

For me its no more a conflict of interest than the situation at Leeds and Wakey with Gary and Kath Hetherington. 

Best of luck to Mrs Koukash.

Gary and Kath don't own the clubs they work at unlike Mr & Mrs Koukash will. Anyway on a cynical note wait while Salford have nothing to play for and Bradford have to win to stay up if they play each other at a crucial time of the season. Or am I looking ay that from the wrong angle?

Reading his comments on Sky Sports News, this should not be allowed.

He clearly says "we" and "our" when referring to the bid.