Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Express

Koukash confirms wife’s interest in purchasing Bulls

184 posts in this topic

Having finished reading the article, i think the bloke cant help himself. To say she would look at the legalities of the 6pt deduction is insane if she is looking to buy the club. How does he expect the RFL to ratify the bid when he is already talking about legal action?

When first buying Salford and saying he wanted to buy the stadium as well, he added that he only wanted it if he could have the retail development too. And with Swinton, his proposal to build a new stadium was only if he could also have the retail development. Seems to be a common thread to me. Bradford appears to be a different kettle of fish, but maybe he wants to get into the landfill business............

It's difficult to have a reference point to gauge the actions of the koukash's, they are so far off the scale , in ambition , in behaviour in their interaction with the fans , just when you think you have there measure or motive something like this happens .  

In answer to the retail element , the Dr was advised by Graham Lowe - and the ex NZRL boss Andrew Chalmers early on , the Ex CFO of the NRL was hired , and very early on - even before the takeover was complete they stressed a viable club had to have outside income other than purely rugby activity to be truely viable , that means owning the stadium you play in so that it's earning for 52 weeks a year , not 13, also retail/ Social / Hotels  to capitalise on site . successful clubs -  in all sports - get more income from outside activities , and it's a standard business model in the NRL , so rather than point to ulterior movtives every ensuing enquiry he's made has tried to tie in a ground - retail element .  

Having finished reading the article, i think the bloke cant help himself. To say she would look at the legalities of the 6pt deduction is insane if she is looking to buy the club. How does he expect the RFL to ratify the bid when he is already talking about legal action?

Well Dave T , they ratified the OK Bulls takeover & Moore's ...

I'm a Salford Fan and not exactly comfortable with his mrs playing about in the Odsal sandpit, but honestly which of the 5 reported bids would be the safest financially for the bradford fans ?  

Marwan and Mandy have just been interviewed on Sky Sports News live from their home in Rainford, Marwan said they have been in full contact with the RFL over the bid for Bradford, and the bid has gone in.

I take it then you were equally skeptical when McManus and his buddy arrived at Saints' door in 2002?  We were over 2 mill in debt and on the verge of administration.  They came along and saved the club.

His buddy returned to the far east, but McManus is still here.  And we now have a shiny new stadium.

Sometimes saviours do exist and they do stick around.

McManus might be an exception.  He's certainly proved to be very good to Saints.  Must admit his takeover passed me by completely - didn't realise he'd been around quite so long. Also, he doesn't seem to be a self-publicising loudmouth like the doctor.  

It's quite possible that I've got Koukash completely wrong, but I just have a deep-rooted suspicion of the last minute saviours.  He's a businessman and ultimately will want to make money. Can't really see how he'll do that at Salford, but again I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

It's difficult to have a reference point to gauge the actions of the koukash's, they are so far off the scale , in ambition , in behaviour in their interaction with the fans , just when you think you have there measure or motive something like this happens .  

In answer to the retail element , the Dr was advised by Graham Lowe - and the ex NZRL boss Andrew Chalmers early on , the Ex CFO of the NRL was hired , and very early on - even before the takeover was complete they stressed a viable club had to have outside income other than purely rugby activity to be truely viable , that means owning the stadium you play in so that it's earning for 52 weeks a year , not 13, also retail/ Social / Hotels  to capitalise on site . successful clubs -  in all sports - get more income from outside activities , and it's a standard business model in the NRL , so rather than point to ulterior movtives every ensuing enquiry he's made has tried to tie in a ground - retail element .

. Yes his bid for Swinton is dependant on Salford Council allowing him to develop retail outlets in Swinton town centre as well as giving him land to build a stadium.

Well Dave T , they ratified the OK Bulls takeover & Moore's ...

I'm a Salford Fan and not exactly comfortable with his mrs playing about in the Odsal sandpit, but honestly which of the 5 reported bids would be the safest financially for the bradford fans ?

i think the difference is that they generally look at whether they are dodgy or not, which I dont think the Bulls blokes were, but this one throws up questions of the compeyitions integrity. I dont know the rules, as lets be honest, borrowing players from clubs in the same division brings up questions of integrity, but withcomments like this, Koukash will struggle to convince people he has no say in the Bulls ownership, which could be very dangerous.

Oh just let them get on with it.

Just make sure that all dealings between the two clubs, i.e. regarding any transfers, have to be thoroughly scrutinised by the RFL to make sure players are exchanged at true market value.

My question - why didn't Koukash buy Bulls in the first place??

Let's see what happens, I think the RFL will be worried about the situation after Mr K being so out spoken ! That's my opinion

Let the Kockrashes buy the Bulls,it'll take away the heat from the Hetheringtons!

My question - why didn't Koukash buy Bulls in the first place??

Let's see what happens, I think the RFL will be worried about the situation after Mr K being so out spoken ! That's my opinion

The Bulls weren't an issue when Salford where, unless I have my timings wrong.

The Bulls weren't an issue when Salford where, unless I have my timings wrong.

Haven't the bulls had issues for quite a few years??

Super league era bulls biggest crowd over 20k

Salford biggest 10k ish at a guess.

I'm sure I'd wait for a more appealing club , however that's my opinion

Personally I don't give a hoot. If the alternative is going out of business then frankly I don't care if it his brother, sister or great uncle. And if some people don't like it, too bad.

Haven't the bulls had issues for quite a few years??

Super league era bulls biggest crowd over 20k

Salford biggest 10k ish at a guess.

I'm sure I'd wait for a more appealing club , however that's my opinion

When Salford hit the rocks the Bulls had just been "saved"

I don't see what attendances have to do with it, its the financial state that is the problem. If a club can hold its own on falling crowds the finances aren't a problem. Its when the cloth cutting fails that problems emerge.

When Salford hit the rocks the Bulls had just been "saved"

I don't see what attendances have to do with it, its the financial state that is the problem. If a club can hold its own on falling crowds the finances aren't a problem. Its when the cloth cutting fails that problems emerge.

Attendance has a big part to play even to a multi millionaire, long term you ain't going to keep throwing money away. Anyway that's my opinion !

Bulls being saved I'll stake your word, can't find anything, I thought they were both in the poo poo

Bulls being saved I'll stake your word, can't find anything, I thought they were both in the poo poo

Khan had already taken over at the Bulls when Salford reached the brink of administration.

Khan had already taken over at the Bulls when Salford reached the brink of administration.

Thanks, so if Mr K liked league so much he could've bought bulls first.

That's all I've said

Mandy Just Tweeted.

Mandy Koukash ‏@MandyKoukash · 59m

@OfficialBullsRL My bid is in and will be at the match on Sunday. See you there.

That's all I've said

Well not if it was before his interest was sparked.

Sorry Paul but everything isn't just as black and white as you always post.

And you always come across as everything is very simplistic and can be sorted with a yes/no.

Personally I don't give a hoot. If the alternative is going out of business then frankly I don't care if it his brother, sister or great uncle. And if some people don't like it, too bad.

its not about whether people like it, its whether its within the rules.

That's all I've said

I believe he considered it, but was unhappy with the unknown sanctions for coming out of administration. Salford proved a more straightforward proposition.

Robert Maxwell

Kevin Maxwell

Ian Maxwell

Derby County

Oxford United

its not about whether people like it, its whether its within the rules.

Last year when Dr Koukash said he was proposing to take over the ownership of Oldham there was an article in the Manchester Evening News.  It contained the following quote from the RFL

A senior spokesman for the RFL told MEN Sport:  “To own a second club,  any individual simply needs permission from the RFL board for this to happen.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/koukash-given-roughyeds-all-clear-rugby-6057864

However it's difficult to see how the RFL could sanction the ownership of a club where there were potential conflicts of interest.  Surely Mrs Koukash woul have to demonstrate that her ownership was " at arms length" to her husband and totally independent of him eg she would not be relying on him for any funds.  There must be precedent for this in business eg a person who was disqualified from being a company director would surely not be allowed to create a sham directorship through his spouse.  Mention has been made of the Hetheringtons but to my knowledge Gary has never owned Leeds Rhinos.

It's a sly device to enable lowly Salford to get all our superstars transferred over to their place on the cheap.