Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supporter

Karl Olstrum

18 posts in this topic

Workington Town player Karl Olstrum has been charged with a Grade C offence of striking with the knee in the 75th minute of the Championship fixture at Barrow Raiders on Sunday March 9. He will appear before the Disciplinary Board on the evening of Tuesday 18th March 2014. Grade C is a probable 2 - 3 match suspension offence.

If found guilty, he would certainly miss the Keighley and Dewsbury matches, with the pessimistic possibility of either missing the April 6th Challenge Cup match ( If we win on Saturday) or the Sheffield game (if we lose on Saturday). On the positive side, whatever happens, he will be available for the Whitehaven match on April 18th.

He's a hard player who gives real starch to our defence and makes tough carries , but that short fuse does cause bother for him and the team at times . Maybe a time to get Peter back to what has always been his natural position , as 6 is starting to look a bit more hard work for him . Mcavoy if you want the defensive option ? Or Duerden a chance . If it goes against Karl that is .

Stuff happens Karl is a great player and he will get bans but you need his aggression so life goes on

How come this has never been mentioned before now?     

How come this has never been mentioned before now?

Exactly what I thought

One position where we have plenty of cover. I would put stack there with Brett and Liam at 2nd row.

One position where we have plenty of cover. I would put stack there with Brett and Liam at 2nd row.

Not a bad shout

Must have been video review panel or some such thing

Must have been video review panel or some such thing

Can't remember anything being put on report but I can remember a bit of an incident late on, where a barrow player went down and seemed to be holding his face, barrow fans I was sat with thought it looked a bit naughty.

I think we'll all be interested to see what Veivers does with Dan . We thought we had a special talent in that glimpse we saw before his injury . It was a long long time and it must have affected him . Since his comeback he's played in the middle off the bench a bit , but he seems to have stalled a bit .He needs a set position and a run in the team , as with the natural talent we saw he should be established in a side like ours . After such a setback it's still early days , and I hope as the season goes on he hits his straps and becomes a key weapon for us week in week out , wherever it may be . Id still be interested in seeing if he's still a championship centre , as that's a spot still up for grabs?

If Karl played for a super dooper league club he would have no case to answer!!!!!

It does seem that way . If Mcilorum played in champ one he'd be semi-permanently banned !!

There's no doubting dan rooney is the best tackler in our squad. The hits he puts in are huge. And whilst he was at centre at the start of his town career he was notching a few tries. I think he's a very good talent and should be a town regular at centre along with Kayle who has stepped up this year.