Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

West Hull

15 posts in this topic

I would hesitate to predict a score for this game other than to say that we should win it comfortably, eventually.

I would be interested in the fans' predictions for the side to be selected however. I believe that GM will give a significant number of the fringe players a run out, with a fair chance of rest and recovery for key personnel. I would expect to see Lillycrop, Wright, Tonks and Farrell get a run out with possible opportunities for others depending upon availability.

What say you?

West hull are the best amateur team about and can not be taken lightly they've won there first two games and are no pushovers lol.

We should win though.

Here goes

Sheriff

Robinson

Beckett

Grady

Buchanan

Hyde

Thackeray

Dowes

Godwin

Hepworth

Walshaw

Hale

Brown

Subs

Wright

Farrell

Aizue

Lillycrop

I'd rest the both wingers give pryce a week as I think looks unfit. Drop Hemingway give Nash spicer and Gallagher the week off.

I'd give Lillycrop is first run in place of haggerty.

Always would give young Farrell a young was impressed with him pre season.

West hull are the best amateur team about and can not be taken lightly they've won there first two games and are no pushovers lol.

We should win though.

Here goes

Sheriff

Robinson

Beckett

Grady

Buchanan

Hyde

Thackeray

Dowes

Godwin

Hepworth

Walshaw

Hale

Brown

Subs

Wright

Farrell

Aizue

Lillycrop

I'd rest the both wingers give pryce a week as I think looks unfit. Drop Hemingway give Nash spicer and Gallagher the week off.

I'd give Lillycrop is first run in place of haggerty.

Always would give young Farrell a young was impressed with him pre season.

Seems a good lineup. Is Aizue fit again?

I'd probs rest aizue again for Sheffield, along with prycey, swop Greg Scott and Morton with Buchanan and Robinson to give the latter 2 a game. Also rest Nash and haggarty, replace them with Lillycrop and dowes to give them a runout. Replace Farrell with spicer to rest spicer and also give becket wrighty and walshaw a match. I'd also keep Grayston for sheriff to have another look at him. So all in all I'd rest sheriff, Scott, Morton, pryce, nash, haggarty, Hemingway, spicer and aizue

Assuming the following players are fit and including the two newcomers, here is my selection:

1 Grayston

2 Robinson

3 Beckett

4 Grady

5 Buchanan

6 Brown

7 Thackeray

8 Lillycrop

9 Wright

10 Dowes

11 Walshaw

12 Farrell

13 Tonks

14 Scott

15 Gallagher

16 Aizue

17 Hyde

18 Haggarty

For a prediction today I will say:

Dewsbury 42 - 10 West Hull

Att: a miserly 580.

Dewsbury's opening try scorer: Brown.

Rams 48 west hull 10 first try Buchanan and Att 503. Poor gates allround in challenge cup yet again. 700 only at Leigh. 400 keighley. 300 batley... How can the rugby league and clubs improve this????

Attitudes need to change

Slow start resulting 46-14 victory

Poor 595 att

Morton or Brown first scorer depending if playing

No coolie in attendance due to serving the 2nd game of a 2 match ban

:(

Well in three hours or so Sheila and I will be there in our usual spot in The South Stand. We should win, though I'm not going to forecast any result - it's too much like tempting fate for my liking. I'll be interested to see what team Morro puts out though. I guess Lucas Walshaw is pretty much guaranteed a place, and I'll be interested to see how he goes today.  

I'd also like to welcome West Hull and their supporters to The Rams Stadium. Looks like it's going to be sunny and dry. There's a fair old breeze blowing in this part of the world though, and you know what our place is like in the wind, so I reckon we'll have our moments of uncertainty. Looking forward to it!

Ossy

Not many there today! Straightforward win really on a blustery old afternoon. Well done to all those who turned up.

Very good professional performance from the boys today saying that west hull are the best amateurs about. Thought young Joel Farrell was immense again he's impressed me every match he's played. Defo desverses a spot in the 17 for Sheffield next week.

Not many there today! Straightforward win really on a blustery old afternoon. Well done to all those who turned up.

not many at every match in this round.. Not exactly a glammer tie today