See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lingard

Ginger half backs

35 posts in this topic

just watching wigan v hull kr and see that they have a ginger half back on the hull kr team. Got me thinking that you dont see many. Last one I can remember id peewee person, can anyone else think of any?

Tex Hudson, and his hairy back wa ginger , washed it many a time in sharlston pit baths for him ha ha

ah yes forgot about Tex. not many though.

James Webster played at hull kr,now assistant with Richard agar at trinity.australian I believe.

Did no one see Deryck Fox play?

i thought foxy was blonde (strawberry) lol

There was a player at Hunslet called Alf "Ginger" Burnell . He was partly responsible for setting the past players association at Hunslet

Did no one see Deryck Fox play?

Foxy was a blonde!!!

Foxy was a blonde!!!

Yeah, he must have dyed it ginger for the first two or three years, he was a Fev, then eventually the natural peroxide grew through!

Scott Glassell had a few games for Rovers at HB under Hobbsy.

Steve Nash had a ginger tash.

And I bet Kainy would dye his hair orange for a quid dare!

Yeah, he must have dyed it ginger for the first two or three years, he was a Fev, then eventually the natural peroxide grew through!

;)

Terry Hudson

Don't know how distant you are DD but there's some delay on your computer.

If you took the population as a whole only about 1% of people carry the double recessive allele, which would give Red Hair. If you then consider that half backs (including sub HBs) only make up 1/7th (approx) of a team. Therefore the number of Red Heads that have historically played at Half Back for one team is only going to have a 1/7 th of one percent probability of all the players that have ever played for that team.

In other words let's say For every 1000 players that have or will have pllayed for Rovers,only 3 half backs should be ginger. We know however, that that number will be higher because of the geographical position of Featherstone, being in the North of England. 1% of red heads represents the total as a world population. Obviously in warmer/ tropical countries where the dominant allele prevails there are few if any ginger people.

Whereas, Scotland incredibly contributes 1/5 of all red haired people as a world population.

I AM AVAILABLE IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR KIDS TO SLEEP ON XMAS EVE.

If you took the population as a whole only about 1% of people carry the double recessive allele, which would give Red Hair. If you then consider that half backs (including sub HBs) only make up 1/7th (approx) of a team. Therefore the number of Red Heads that have historically played at Half Back for one team is only going to have a 1/7 th of one percent probability of all the players that have ever played for that team.

In other words let's say For every 1000 players that have or will have pllayed for Rovers,only 3 half backs should be ginger. We know however, that that number will be higher because of the geographical position of Featherstone, being in the North of England. 1% of red heads represents the total as a world population. Obviously in warmer/ tropical countries where the dominant allele prevails there are few if any ginger people.

Whereas, Scotland incredibly contributes 1/5 of all red haired people as a world population.

I AM AVAILABLE IF YOU CAN'T GET YOUR KIDS TO SLEEP ON XMAS EVE.

you make me laugh Andrew

He doesn't dye it at all now Andrew, he doesn't have to, he just polishes his head now

Brian Sutton (Sooty). Now with Sharlo.

He was winger/ SR though with Rovers.

In part of this thread we diverted away from half backs. In that case I can remember Ginger Anderson and Ginger Dixon. Both props. First names Joe and Malcolm.

Don't know how distant you are DD but there's some delay on your computer.

Ha. Gateshead so the internet runs on steam here. Apologies, l was so excited about actually remembering something l just had to post it!!!

Alan Agar, Tex Hudson & Dale Fennell, all within 10 years. Phil Butler wasn't far off being ginger too. Was Peter Banner blonde or ginger?

Well we are having "gingerisms" Robin Evans is Ginger