Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

macca57

cougars game

197 posts in this topic

Is Brett carter definitely out?

He was still in hospital is morning, I think we can count him out tbh

Wigan U 19 match started, both Lever and Hampshire playing, thus apart from Connor Farrell (and Murphy) the following may still be available (if fit) to play for Town if needed:

19 Sam Powell SO SH

23 Dan Sarginson - CE, SO

29 Sam Hopkins - LF, PR

34 Lewis Tierney - FB, WG

Jordan James could be added to that list couldn't he, unless he was 18 man tonight?

Jordan James could be added to that list couldn't he, unless he was 18 man tonight?

and Gil dudson. Even if he was 18th man I think they can still play on dual reg.

and Gil dudson. Even if he was 18th man I think they can still play on dual reg.

Just found the Wigan squad on sky sports news and he was in the 18 wonky, not sure if you can play tho ? Dudson would do a good job for us or both !!

Sam Powell got an ankle injury in New Zealand , faces a few weeks out . Love to get him up here sometime this year . I think a half on loan would be good to feed off this improved pack strength . I'm sure Vievers is using his contacts book and things are definitely going the right way

Carter, Miller and Tierney confirmed as unavailable, Jack Murphy confirmed as available. The Coach states "We are pretty shy on outside backs at the moment".

He also said we were shy on outside backs at present . Those three are a huge percentage of our strike , so interesting how we go. Big Red , Mossop , Haney , Rooney ? , Connor and Murphy in the hat

It will be interesting to see who playing in the backs on Sunday

Murphy , Mossop , Red , Rooney , Connor ? Or Connor for Rooney with Haney on the wing ? Or maybe a rabbit out the hat last minute from Wigan ? Gellings been mentioned here before . He seems way out in the cold and I think Pacific Islanders are ok ?

Murphy Connor Morris Duerden Mossop??

Murphy, Connor, rooney, red, mossop would be a pretty good 5. Not much speed but would you want to attack against that size in the backs.

I forgot Duerden . I think some down there may have !!

That's what I thought wonky . It would be pretty solid and wouldn't give much away .

It does seem a bit odd from the outside that we have DR with Wigan , and need a half , and our beloved neighbours have a boom kid on loan from Wigan !! We should pinch him !

It does seem a bit odd from the outside that we have DR with Wigan , and need a half , and our beloved neighbours have a boom kid on loan from Wigan !! We should pinch him !

I think judging by some opinions a number of Haven fans would like us to take him off them as they want someone more experienced.    The lad I have always liked, and he played very well against Haven last week for York, is Johnny Presley.

Yeh we like him . The year Keighley did us about five times he was instrumental . A real buzz saw around the pitch . I didn't know that about young Taylor . I saw some highlights of the academy grand final , and to shine there still takes some doing .

I can't figure out why Hampshire isn't on his way up for Sunday, top quality fullback and far too good for the u19s.

Is Duerden injured or is there some other reason why he is not being played, thought he would have played last week in the cup game!!!

Is Duerden injured or is there some other reason why he is not being played, thought he would have played last week in the cup game!!!

no idea, just dosent seem to fit at the minute.

Yea you have got to feel a bit for young Duerden never misses a training section ,i think he could be giving a game at loose forward this week with Olstum been out,would also like to see Rooney in for red????

Yea you have got to feel a bit for young Duerden never misses a training section ,i think he could be giving a game at loose forward this week with Olstum been out,would also like to see Rooney in for red????

got to disagree, red scored a hat trick so he deserves a repeat chance. We're not exactly bursting with tries so he deserves a shot. Although rooney should be opposite him with mossop and Connor on the wings.

Big red dropped after a hatrick last weekend?

How about Murphy mossop Morris Rooney Connor along the back like? To me Connors wasted there but can always switch around if need be!

Gil Dudson, Jordan James, Connor Farrell and jack murphy are the 4 players available for Town this weekend :-)

Agreed haven hater . That looks the best set up , the only downside being our form back shunted to the wing , but he's the only one to do it in this line up , so needs must . As you say , he'll have to come looking for it , and should do as he's full of confidence . Seems the best set up with what we have left.