Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimbobRam

Tom Lillycrop

46 posts in this topic

scott hale tackles for his life for  80 mins , worth a lot in my book.

What do people mean when they say his "face doesn't fit".

They mean similar to my mug never getting on the front cover of time magazine . sithee.

What do people mean when they say his "face doesn't fit".

Tom. You are one of the most articulate people who posts on here.  You know what it means

Tom. You are one of the most articulate people who posts on here. You know what it means

Articulate???

You mean like a lorry?

;) ;) :)

Tom. You are one of the most articulate people who posts on here.  You know what it means

The implication of the phrase is that the decision was taken for reasons other than his performance and abilities. Are you saying that this is the case NickD?

And I have never labelled Walshaw as a superstar, just for the record.

:rtfm:

Not sure what NickD's beef is tbh.

The club posts a statement from GM explaining the reasons for Toms departure (something we never saw in the Jowitt era)

What more can the club do.

Whoa BSJ. Your sensible and pragmatic approach to all things posted on here is to be admired, but!!! Were not the whole team playing against the same amateurs? The superstar known to you as Walshaw and indeed all of the team were playing against the same oppo and we all saw who stood out. That said I fully expect him to miss out on Sunday. One thing I have learned over my forty years watching the mighty rams is if ever I rate somebody the coach doesnt. Its painful and frustating, but having this forum to vent my spleen has made it almost bearable. I also concede that I dont know who I would srop to put him in the team.

I bet you were a big Phil Artis fan weren't you Nick?

phil artis was one of the best players   i have ever seen in a dewsbury shirt ... , well for one game anyway .

phil artis was one of the best players   i have ever seen in a dewsbury shirt ... , well for one game anyway .

Wasn't there once a match day  programme, can't remember where, but the type error had him down as P ARTIST?

phil artis was one of the best players i have ever seen in a dewsbury shirt ... , well for one game anyway .

Player of the year one season then couldn't get in the team the next.

Thankfully that sort of thing never happens nowadays.

Confucius asks, Is T'Lillycrop the same as Flower Plucking or Plower Flucking?   Be careful, Dr. Spooner fill your boots!!!!!.....You thought you were playing at Sheffield on Sunday but you really will be playing at the Dogs!!!!

And I have never labelled Walshaw as a superstar, just for the record.

:rtfm:

Indeed you haven't BSJ. My apologies.

I bet you were a big Phil Artis fan weren't you Nick?

Don't really remember him BSJ. I'm younger than I sound on here......

Don't really remember him BSJ. I'm younger than I sound on here......

But you said that you have been watching the Rams (sic) for forty years Nick. Maybe your memory is getting as bad as mine?

Phil Artis, I remember him having a particular grudge against George Fairburn the Wigan full back. He played for us late 70s and in 78-79 disaster in old First Division he played various positions including prop and winger. He was a Loughborouh PE student which seemed to be a big thing at the time.

I'm sorry to see Tom go, top lad was Tom.

Let's hope he does better than Dario Esposito

To be fair to Dario, he was rarely fit.