Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Ward

Challenge Cup 4th Round Home Tie

165 posts in this topic

Not too bothered about it being on a Friday evening as a one off, but if the club ever decided that Friday would be the normal matchday, then I would have difficulty in attending.

As i understand it the rfl have stipulated that all the sunday games kick off no later than 2pm so that the next round draw can be made following the tv game . the kick off at 2pm would come too soon after the car boot sale for the logistical needs of a big crowd to be accommodated , when consulted wigan expressed a preference for friday night in the circumstances but they certainly did not dictate the choice .All things taken into account it was decided that to play at 8pm on the friday was the best option .

Keith can you ask if the club will reserve some tickets for at the Workington home match in order that no fans miss out ?? Seem as it's first comes first served. Don't want no loyal fans missing match mate because other fans get the tickets. Would surely make sense?

It is a disappointment but we need to understand the reasons first.

It could be Kirklees (unlikely), the police (quite possibly), the car boot (probably) or something quite unknown.

Before sticking the boot into persons unknown lets' wait until we know the reasons why.

Ahem!!

:onthequiet:

Keith can you ask if the club will reserve some tickets for at the Workington home match in order that no fans miss out ?? Seem as it's first comes first served. Don't want no loyal fans missing match mate because other fans get the tickets. Would surely make sense?

Telephones work quite well nowadays according to some young people I know who use them. Maybe that might be a solution DTID?

As i understand it the rfl have stipulated that all the sunday games kick off no later than 2pm so that the next round draw can be made following the tv game . the kick off at 2pm would come too soon after the car boot sale for the logistical needs of a big crowd to be accommodated , when consulted wigan expressed a preference for friday night in the circumstances but they certainly did not dictate the choice .All things taken into account it was decided that to play at 8pm on the friday was the best option .

"Negotiations" are taking place with kirklees metropolitan coven officials with a view to amending the ground capacity upwards . MS was "eager" to convince officials today that 3700 was not a resonable figure for a stadium configured for a crowd of 5000. 1200 seats 2500 south stand plus the new terrace .

Really mate ;)

I ran the carboot the last time Wigan were in town without any problems

A simple " you must be gone for 12 at the latest" worked then... Why not now ;)

I feel it's a rather weak excuse if I'm honest.

DTID , i believe wigan have requested 1750 tictets so in the worst case scenario nearly 2000 will be available to home and or casual supporters . i would be amazed if any rams fans who wanted one could not get a ticket .

Wheres the official Rams update guy when you need him. Tell us why the fixture has been switched to the Friday night , the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Over to you ORU

The official rams guy only puts on info the club give him but imsure him and GFDU will pass on the concerns or need for an official statement in morning

Will not post again on the subject!!!

coolie, you are allowed your say mate . I was just fed up of everyone's winging last night tbh. Hope to see you at match mate. Be great if you attended but if not, never mind. The choice is yours. Your life

coolie, you are allowed your say mate . I was just fed up of everyone's winging last night tbh. Hope to see you at match mate. Be great if you attended but if not, never mind. The choice is yours. Your life

Well like I said - just can't make nights - Friday in particular (that's the night I watch Coolie and piggy's missus through the window) - not bitter, just disappointed, because I just know that next year, when we draw South wales away, It'll be on a sunday :fool:

judging how busy the m62 corridor is and the chance of the odd delay.I would have gone for Sunday. We will see.

According to reporter wev only got 1500 tickets to sell. Wigan 2,000 and capacity will only be between 3500-3700 as the new stand capacity won't increase the overall capacity by much because of council health and safety... Ie not having turnstiles for the new east stand meaning having to use the southstand ones