Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neverumind3

Workington town

32 posts in this topic

Home tie, very  winnable . I would not be too disappointed with that draw win that then the big guns in next round

Same for both of us really ... Only a good draw if you get through with the chance for a better one .

I'm just glad we're at home again, we already have enough travelling to do this season

A good draw for us,we are at home,and the game is very winnable,possible tasty draw in the next round,agree with morley the miles we are doing this season will be a welcome break,,CMON YOU HUNS,,

definatly winnable, anyone remember that film, Get Carter.....

Stack is a very good forward though and one tough cookie DavidM

Stack is a very good forward though and one tough cookie DavidM

We have another good local lad in the pack, who was at Leeds academy, and gives great performances every game, one to watch for, Liam McAvoy.

Not a good draw for either side but a good one for the winners.   I read somewhere that SL club fans can use their season tickets for this round and next round is all pay.    Not sure how true that is but if it is then it's better for the winners of our tie.

He played for us last season against Doncaster away Keith, ginger haired lad think he was only about 19, looked a strong kid.

That's him.   What a workhorse he has been for us this season already.     

How's the young lad Grimshaw who caught the eye here then looked like he got a bad injury ? Hope he's back fully right .

Any chance of discounted tickets for this match like hemel do.book before day of match.think £12 put a lot off last round.

Split gate so both teams have to agree to price I believe

£12 to watch oxford was too much. I'd say £7 max. Esp against a team no better than hunslet old boys

£12 to watch oxford was too much. I'd say £7 max. Esp against a team no better than hunslet old boys

Agree 100% with that comment Macca , teams like these should'nt even be in the pro game , Cup or League , team like Sharlston win all 5 cups and are not even entered into the challenge cup because their a winter team and they've been going longer than some of the Super League clubs , and i wonder how many fans Oxford brought ....................RFL so corrupt...........

Agree 100% with that comment Macca , teams like these should'nt even be in the pro game , Cup or League , team like Sharlston win all 5 cups and are not even entered into the challenge cup because their a winter team and they've been going longer than some of the Super League clubs , and i wonder how many fans Oxford brought ....................RFL so corrupt...........

The annoying thing is rik is the rfl were happy to watch the likes of bramley and blackpool go bust with no help yet they'll bail these clubs out in a couple of years when the project goes belly up. It's become a joke

Aren't new clubs allowed to start up?

Any new club that starts up won't straight away have away following especially long distance.

These clubs from the outside seem to have the same level of home support as us & I am sure we have had a fair few hammering in the past.

Time will tell if they will survive living within their means in the semi pro game.

But surely they deserve the chance to at least give it a go.

Skolars are still going & I am sure people questioned their presence.

I agree completely regarding the winter teams not being allowed to compete in the challenge cup, especially when fev & skolars had bye's into the next round.

rugby league forbids RL in winter now, yet for a 100 years of playing RL it was acceptable.

Any new club that starts up won't straight away have away following especially long distance.

These clubs from the outside seem to have the same level of home support as us & I am sure we have had a fair few hammering in the past.

Time will tell if they will survive living within their means in the semi pro game.

Our support wouldn't be bad if the club announced the proper figure. 409 against york was an insult. They must think were thick

True Macca ,

On look North tonight , there was a maths teacher on the pitch at Elland Road teaching young kids maths.

Could we book him for The South Leeds Stadium , to add our crowd numbers up.

Good job the guy that gives out our crowd figures don't teach them kids. 

To me Mike the games still a Northern game and documentation won't prove otherwise , London have been trying for years and thats with the RFL bankrolling em , Crusaders started in the south , team full of Aussie's , no visa's for some of em , and then just pushed straight into SL and look where that went , The thing is with the RFL (this new regime) , is that they should learn to walk before they can run , when i watched Hunslet at Elland Rd in the 80's if only i could have foreseen the future , big stadiums , empty seats but this is how the RFL have pushed the game , trying to make it bigger than what it is , when the games struggling in strong catchment area's , and maybe a French side being brought in next season , Lord Lucan would have been a better Treasury than this lot.............

At least these new teams are starting at the bottom and have some teams near them to get some rivalry going

At least these new teams are starting at the bottom and have some teams near them to get some rivalry going

Yeah thats true jeff. But say for example hunslet warriors put a scaffold stand up and applied to cc1 do you think they'd be accepted??? Not a chance cause theyre not southerners