Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Rams Updates

1993 v Wigan

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

In the build up to the 2014 Wigan game I am looking to get supporters memories of the 1993 game.

Please post your memories in here and I'll put something together during the build up.

Many thanks

I remember Jason Robinson doing exactly as he liked in this game. Think he got 3 tries and set at least another 3 up. Boy he was lightning quick, what made is worse was he went from 0 to 60 in two steps maximum!

1993 ??

21 years ago... Never

I was convinced it was around 1998

Because I ran the south stand for the game

And Mark allet ran the north stand

Think he threw a ball at one of the Wigan contingent and left after the game never to steward again.

Also first game I ever saw counterfeit tickets for a game...

I remember calming Phil Clarke down in the foyer.... Decent bloke once the red mist cleared

Was it 1993 when we played them at Batley with Darren Rodgers scoring???

Yep, 1993 at Mount Pleasant. 20 - 4 to the pies and an attendance of 4200.

We played them in 1998 at Owl Lane, which didn't open until 1994.

HTH

Muddyfunster your on about the game in 98 when they beat us 56 nil at the new crown flatts

Realise this now. But also remember the game up at the mount. I remember getting a load of stick for a lad at school who came for Wigan in the run up to the game. Funny thing he had a lot less to say after it. Not quite the score he had been predicting

Realise this now. But also remember the game up at the mount. I remember getting a load of stick for a lad at school who came for Wigan in the run up to the game. Funny thing he had a lot less to say after it. Not quite the score he had been predicting

Kids always did pick on teachers though!

1993 , shaun edwards refusing to come into the club and getting straight onto the bus and then in 1998 the first minute of the game and shane williams charging bull like over to robbie mccormack to properly introduce himself . mccormack didnt know whether he was human or klingon for days after .

GFDU, any chance of you giving the club a slight nudge to update its fans as Wigan seem to have announced the match date and we avent? Hope marks read the forum. Too many loyal fans missing the game

Like most games, I think I remember every detail but ive probably got all names and dates wrong.

I remember asking if Botica had superglue on his jumper cos squires tried kicking upfield and it hit him straight in the chest and stuck for a walk in try.

Fleary was man of the match which ###### off a wigan forward who was sulking on the steps down from the upstairs bar.

Like most games, I think I remember every detail but ive probably got all names and dates wrong.

I remember asking if Botica had superglue on his jumper cos squires tried kicking upfield and it hit him straight in the chest and stuck for a walk in try.

Fleary was man of the match which ###### off a wigan forward who was sulking on the steps down from the upstairs bar.

a certain andy platt if right as grandparents had the place at the time