Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Rams Updates

Rams v Wigan, Tetleys Stadium - 4th April, 8pm KO

Crown Flatter    256

...16 quid in at Sheffield this weekend. It's 18 quid in this year at fev.... Will you be attending crown flatter? I hope so. You obviously don't want to miss the match

Coolie indicated that the car boot lot could be shifted by 12 noon and other stewards could manage for supporters arriving after that time. I think you will find that, generally, rugby league supporters tend to arrive at venues fairly late so that would not affect things.

It's also somewhat odd that it is considered that some hoss race ont' telly would affect our gate if we played on the Saturday, but the club seems unwilling to alter our Swinton home fixture when there is a world-wide sporting event on our doorstep.

I think the club should sit up and take note of the factors here. Perhaps DTID, as unofficial spokesman, you can use your influence to encourage the club to take heed of supporters' frustrations and state categorically the reasons.

I will not be at Sheffield on Sunday as I have a previously arranged engagement.

Wakefield Ram    291

The level of whinging on here is hard to understand. We have a great draw against a top club, far better the last few years and all people can do is complain.

Baffling, but then all some on here do is complain all the time about everything.

Blind side johnny    2,550

Come on folks,what are you really complaining about?

Just imagine how bad things could really be - you could be a Batley fan!

<shudder>

Ossy    10

I will not be at Sheffield on Sunday as I have a previously arranged engagement.

Ay yes, I remember her  ;)

Coolie indicated that the car boot lot could be shifted by 12 noon and other stewards could manage for supporters arriving after that time. I think you will find that, generally, rugby league supporters tend to arrive at venues fairly late so that would not affect things.

It's also somewhat odd that it is considered that some hoss race ont' telly would affect our gate if we played on the Saturday, but the club seems unwilling to alter our Swinton home fixture when there is a world-wide sporting event on our doorstep.

I think the club should sit up and take note of the factors here. Perhaps DTID, as unofficial spokesman, you can use your influence to encourage the club to take heed of supporters' frustrations and state categorically the reasons.

I meant will you be attending the Wigan match as it's only 11 quid in with your season ticket to watch us against the champs? ... Compare that to 16 quid in at sheff and 18 in at fev and you say the club doesn't care about its supporters?? We don't rob our supporters. Fev fans never complained when they played Wigan on a Friday night other year , they just enjoyed the occasion for what it was , which surely that's what we as supporters should be doing? When was last time we played the superleague champs and challenge cup champs at home? When was last time we played Wigan the biggest club in england at home? Years ago... We don't know next mine wel meet them in a game like this so why not enjoy it?

Wilsden Ram    267

Crown Flatter - seems like a lot of people also 'changed their schedules' last Sunday for the Cup Game!

Also, the Swinton home game on Sunday 6th July has been discussed with reference to some Bike Race 

but we just need Coolie to let the 'clowns' know which of any alternative proposals on day and time he prefers.

Just as a note Coolie, are these the same 'clowns' who give up a good deal of spare time and cash to keep the

club moving forward?

muddyfunster    55

This year I'm not a season ticket holder but I have yet to miss a rams game home or away. Personally I think Sunday would be better but we've got what we've got! Let's move with it and get behind the lads in what is the biggest game in years at the Tetleys stadium.

I will be there for the Wigan game IMO £13.00 is still excellent value to see my team take on the current cup holders, SL Champs and probably one of the most famous northern hemisphere LR teams in living memory. 

Theres a chance their team will have many notable faces in it. The pie eaters only have Catalan before us and London the week after (both at home) can't see them needing to rest players for the following weeks game

PockRam    5

Crown Flatter - seems like a lot of people also 'changed their schedules' last Sunday for the Cup Game!

Also, the Swinton home game on Sunday 6th July has been discussed with reference to some Bike Race 

but we just need Coolie to let the 'clowns' know which of any alternative proposals on day and time he prefers.

Just as a note Coolie, are these the same 'clowns' who give up a good deal of spare time and cash to keep the

club moving forward?

I've sat back and read the mumblings and grumblings etc that have been posted on here (again). The best post I've seen is Wilsden Rams's which I've quoted above.

The response to this has been incredible. Only our supporters could whinge at drawing the current cup holders and RL big boys Wigan at home, the plum tie in the round. This topic is like deja vu from last season when we had endless complaints about 'bloody Sheffield again'. Lets be realistic here, the complaints have nothing to do with the running of the club, its simply because some fans now can't make it that Friday due to either other commitments, work, childcare issues etc. They feel they should vent their anger at the poor sods who give up their spare time free of charge to support this club.

Reading between the lines I can't believe that some people would perhaps have preferred us to draw the North Wales Crusaiders (no disrespect to the Scorpions) at home in the fouth round as the match would have been played on a Sunday in front of 600 ppl.

Saturday was a no go as its the Grand National, Wigan v Leeds United, Huddersfield Town at home etc and then Sunday, Batley v Cass, Wakefield v Leeds, Bradford at home, Giants at home etc. Any members of the 'rugby family' who need their Friday night fix with no SL games might just decide to come along to the game now.

There will be a big crowd, the food stalls and the bars will be well used, the club shop will get trade, programmes will be purchased and the club will still be here the weekend after on't be a worse place because a few regulars aren't able to attend.

I don't read many complaints about the Batley game on the Friday night only two weeks later. Perhaps thats because its a bank holiday and people have time to plan or aren't at work!!!!

For the record, I cannot make the match due to a prior engagement and Sunday would have suited me better. I will be buying an adult and a child ticket to give to friends who aren't rugby fans in hope we can us ethis high profile fixture to attract them to other league fixtures. Will I miss our big day, of course, but I won't be ranting and raving over this (except this email) though as I support the club in the decisions it makes.

Wilsden Ram    267

Well said PockRam.

I believe that the work issue is not really an excuse, as most Employers would accept a Holiday request

2 1/2 weeks before the game.

As I have found over the years when trying to arrange events on any evening, the real reason for males 

having 'other commitments' is the result of a huge thumbprint on the top of their heads! 

andyram    153

Got my holiday request sorted for the Wigan game,looking forward to seeing a full house for the game.Think we will get Leeds in the next round,lets play this one on a Sunday please :tongue:

I called in the office today to be told that all but one of the boxes had been sold already and the telephone has never stopped ringing about tickets . obviously the game being on friday has not had too detrimental an effect so far on interest despite misgivings from certain  quarters .

Heckler    74

I've booked the Friday off too along with my work mate and his mate who's both never been to a rams match ... Also bringing one of my own friends too. Can not wait :-) Interest does seem high :)

Hope your mates can get tickets now they booked time off work especially with the vast interest we have had ;)

grumpyoldram    688

I called in the office today to be told that all but one of the boxes had been sold already and the telephone has never stopped ringing about tickets . obviously the game being on friday has not had too detrimental an effect so far on interest despite misgivings from certain  quarters .

Think most of the misgivings were from those of us who won't be able to make it GFDU - I'm delighted that those who can make it all appear to be bringing a friend though, makes me feel a whole lot better about missing our biggest match in years.. ;) Suppose somebody has to be the loser though. Have to get my rugby fix at the mount. :(

Crown Flatter    256

DTID - I will be attending the Wigan game; can't miss that one can I! It is a plum fixture and it is great for the town and our club.

Wilsden Ram - as you indicate the Swinton game has been discussed, without an answer being given.

The gripe, whinge, negativity, call it what you will, is only my concern that the club could be losing out financially, one for not playing on the Sunday and the other for playing on the Sunday!

John North    45

Playing on a Friday will make no difference to the attendance.

Coolie and his followers need to pull their heads out of their *****.

According to reporter the club phones won't stop ringing with questions about tickets and the club expect the match to sellout, so everyone make sure you get your tickets soon as poss. Hopefully by the Workington match wel of sold out with a week to go. Got 4 new fans coming with me and know 3 or 4 coming back out of the woodwork for the match.

grumpyoldram    688

icon_topic_latest.gif Re: CC Fourth round
"FROM A TO B" wrote:
Tickets logistics could be fun. 1,200 terrace and 300 seat allocation!

Going to be difficult to please everyone on this one, I just hope that people don't start the "you can use my season ticket as I can't go". Going to be hard enough to get a ticket as it is. Maybe they should ask people to register for a ticket and then do a draw? Just hope it's not an "in person" only, as work and distance puts quite a few at a disadvantage! dozingoff.gif

Excuse me, but I was under the impression that one of the reasons why many supporters buy a season ticket is to get priority on Cup Tie Tickets.

Actually, Wigan are getting more than they are entitled as I have always understood that the away team are entitled to one third of the capacity which at Dewsbury is only 3,500.

Josie, I stand corrected if this rule has been changed.

I would thing that 1500 was sufficient seeing that the game is on a Friday Night in Yorkshire against a average Championship Club and with the problems of the M62.

Now if it was on a Sunday, that would be a different matter.

Not just cool and the gang then.

Crown Flatter    256

We cannot be certain and I take the opposite view.

According to reporter the club phones won't stop ringing with questions about tickets and the club expect the match to sellout, so everyone make sure you get your tickets soon as poss. Hopefully by the Workington match wel of sold out with a week to go. Got 4 new fans coming with me and know 3 or 4 coming back out of the woodwork for the match.

All very nice, get them all to the Workington match first for a taster collect them for subsequent league games; that's where and when we need them. I wish the Worky game would be sold out.