Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLENNGARY

Anybody heard?

68 posts in this topic

Anybody heard whether Dr Koukash and the council have struck a deal yet? or are we still in the lap of the gods?

Neil Barker spoke to him recently regarding the Rangi Chase story in the MEN and he mentioned that he expects to be running things at Swinton by early Summer.

Great news. And thanks must go to the council for giving Swinton Lions and Dr K this opportunity.

can anyone tell me what the Exclusivity period is?

It means that the Council will not talk to any other developers regarding the land and allow MK to model his plans to fit the councils requirement.

Hopefully the first stage of the process to bring the Lions home.

The board are hopeful of receiving a full statement from Martin Vickers which of course we will publish as soon as it is received.

Thanks Marshy ASAP please I can hardly contain myself :biggrin:

Congratulations.....nearly home, Good Luck.

Kind Regards

The Baron (Hornets)

This sounds promising at long last,lets now hope that everything moves in the right direction and that Swinton Lions are back home before too long,and that an old,historic wrong by previous boards and directors leaving the town can at long last be put right.

WOW!

Get the beer in now, looks like our time has finally arrived

:sungum:

After nearly 3 months waiting I did not think it would happen.

This is wonderful news.

Just hope everthing now goes through without any major hitches.

Lets get right behind the team and try to help keep our championship status.

I stopped going when they left this town.said I wouldn't return till the club came back too m27.can't wait to come back and what a place for the ground bang in the town centre.better than agecroft.fingers crossed.

I think if this comes off,then if things are done right and the right people are in charge of Swinton RLFC,then I see no reason as to why Swinton RLFC cannot be the biggest club outside of Super League,and the reason why I say that is because Swinton RLFC is not only an established RL club but is in the Manchester conurbation,debatedly the second major conurbation after London,and with a huge population nearby why not?Granted I think that if they do come home,I think for a few years the club would have to give free admission to under 16s if with a parent/adult in order to attract a new generation of fans as a generation of fans one way or another have been lost.I think a lot of fans who are still young enough,ie in their mid 30s and beyond who used to go would return to the fold.As a 41 year old,I would certainly go to matches,maybe not all again if they come home.

So many years of being nomadic I've almost forgot what it was like having our own ground if and when this comes to fruition it will be interesting to see the crowd figures for our first match back.

I agree if managed right I think our crowds will go right back up, I had 4 mates ring me last night who all heard the news and said when they come home they will start watching again.

I honestly believe we will attract some of the Salford fans who are sick of travelling to barton will be tempted to attend the lions den.

I was thinking last night of some of the greatest days in my life, I ranked it like this:

1. 20/03/2014 - Swinton potentially coming home

2. my daughter being born

3. getting married

Lions on the up.

Having listened to Dr Koukash at the Legion a while back, he was concerned about the fact Salford couldn't make any revenue from the stadium as they didn't own it. They only see a return when they sell a certain amount of tickets. Is anyone worried about the potential of a ground share with Salford somewhere down the line if this does come off?

Bryce, if the two clubs keep a distinct identity and the fixture list is workable I don't personally see a problem.

In this day and age it has to be financially viable and offer best value. Ground share for me would do that if handled correctly.

My question would be, would Salford want to play in Swinton? Look at the opposition to the reverse not too long ago.

I think it's a no brainer and the way for the future...2 clubs using the facility, plus the community engagement from both clubs can only swell both gates if done right. A team with two teams.

May I apologise in advance for the fact that I shall be crying like a baby throughout a first Swinton game - in Swinton!

- in Swinton!

It will be the first time they've played in Swinton since 1929