Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLENNGARY

Anybody heard?

68 posts in this topic

My understanding is that proposed access will be from Chorley Road & all parking will be on site. The Stanwell Road end of the proposed pitch layout will be open with no intrusive structures. But people will inevitably object regardless of the detail of the plans. Hopefully any genuine fears will be met with persuasive arguments. It certainly can't stay as a school playing field forever.

Have you seen an artists impression yet of the proposed new stadium?And is the Stanwell Road end being kept open for potential future development do you think and as I live near Victoria Park will the Council be informing people around where I live about the proposals which by the way I will fully back and support?

How long have you been away from Station Road? Hope things turn out OK for you Lions fans you deserve it. All the best from an old Worky fan who remembers your great team from the 60's including Ken Gowers kicking us out of the cup at a packed Derwent Park.

How long have you been away from Station Road? Hope things turn out OK for you Lions fans you deserve it. All the best from an old Worky fan who remembers your great team from the 60's including Ken Gowers kicking us out of the cup at a packed Derwent Park.

Thanks pal. I'm from that era too. My foremost memory of visiting Derwent Park was our 1964 Challenge Cup 2nd round tie when the Lions came away 11-3 victors in front of a 14,000 crowd.

To quote Marshy "according to the standard I received from Blake Solly SL standard is 12 k. "       yet London are playing at Barnet ? with a capacity of 3500 ? So much for SL rules or is it the SL rules applied to aspiring SL clubs are somewhat different to those clubs already in SL........ 

The more i think about these proposals the more i think the case they make is totally and utterly undeniable . All the factors that did for the old regime at Salford should be the other way round and a plus in Swinton’s case.  Even if everything will be on a much more modest scale many of the gripes and bugbears that affected and holed Salford would still be relevant.

Plus points being

1.      Moving back towards the traditional support area

2.      Attendances that can only go up and should be reasonably predictable

3.      Well away from one of the regions if not UK’s worst traffic blackspots

4.      Buses – lots

5.      Parking plenty - many home fans will be on shank's pony anyway

6.      Convenient railway station for away fans

7.      Licensed premises / food outlets everywhere

8.      An improving economic backdrop

And other issues that would make a contrast with Barton

1.      A community facility that will actually be genuinely convenient for the community.

2.      An uncomplicated straight forward club owner / council relationship unhindered by any previous accumulated         baggage, third parties or loans and bail outs.

3.      A facility that will genuinely,appreciably and noticeably boost local businesses.

4.      Loads and loads of local goodwill

What’s not to like?

All predicated on a genuinely sound business plan and not the ‘built it and they will come’ bluster that pushed Barton through and also on getting the message out.

I would think the Trust will become absolutely vital in the latter.

And if it gets thus far Swinton should go beyond M27 and reclaim those areas of Walkden, Worsley, Monton etc that they traditionally drew support from as well. Not that it makes joining the Trust now any less important.

Yep some local residents are already voicing objections!

Can't seem to find the 'Swinton' website on which this and other local issues are discussed.

Dave, can you please post the 'link' for this website? Much obliged.

lets get back to today game

How do you expect residents to agree when this response typifies why they'd object!

You can't be serious. Please do not take the comment out of context it was sent with.

Blue monkey has his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Not sure he would be capable of breaking any windows, though I did hear he fought in the last war!

Yes I think it may have been in jest don't you think?

You can't be serious. Please do not take the comment out of context it was sent with.

Blue monkey has his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Not sure he would be capable of breaking any windows, though I did hear he fought in the last war!

For the other side!

How do you expect residents to agree when this response typifies why they'd object!

Oh Maid Marion! What would dear Robin say?

It was meant as a bit of light banter - you know, what we call in the English language, a joke, a larf.

Marion! you silly girl, I'll report this to Prince John and who'll have you thrown into Nottingham's dungeon.

:sungum:

Oh Maid Marion! What would dear Robin say?

It was meant as a bit of light banter - you know, what we call in the English language, a joke, a larf.

Marion! you silly girl, I'll report this to Prince John and who'll have you thrown into Nottingham's dungeon.

:sungum:

This is also a joke by the way. :D