Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martyn Sadler

Bradford Bulls - Under New Ownership (Merged threads)

67 posts in this topic

There can't be any short-term money to be made, so the Lamb group must have its heart in the right place.

Even if its primary motive for saving the Bulls is to use the purchase as a device to offset group-members' tax liabilities, our team survives to fight another day.

hasn't he said that he'll only go ahead with his purchase if the current debts are manageble?.. Sure i read a quote along those lines.

If this guy is a proper Londoner, wouldn't he be better off buying the Parramatta (jellied) Eels?

Apparently, Abi is chief exec of a company which is now part of the Richard Lamb consortium. No doubt we'll find out when the RFL wake from their stupour and make some decisions.

At the risk of having a conversation with myself, after all this time, I'm beginning to wonder if the RFL are having a problem with the administrator's first choice bid. If there is no agreement with the Lamb group, then I wonder who is next in line? Come in Mrs. Koucash? Unlikely, as we couldn't be so lucky.

Yeah if they have knocked back Mandy Koukash, why not just bloody tell us who IS the successful bidder? Or is that just too straightforward?

Yeah if they have knocked back Mandy Koukash, why not just bloody tell us who IS the successful bidder? Or is that just too straightforward?

It's all at an interesting stage, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait for League Express to read more about it.

The phrase "waiting for further proof of funds" that was bandied about yesterday really inspired confidence.

The phrase "waiting for further proof of funds" that was bandied about yesterday really inspired confidence.

Just seen via tweets that so far they've not been able to prove they have enough money to run the club this year nor have £1m behind them as contingency?

Is that broadly right?

Just seen via tweets that so far they've not been able to prove they have enough money to run the club this year nor have £1m behind them as contingency?

Is that broadly right?

As far as I can tell – yes. Can’t remember where I’d read it originally, but League Express this morning confirms as much that the RFL want proof that they not only have the money to keep the Bulls going until the end of the year but ongoing for the future. It could go back to the other bidders if they fail to provide that proof anytime soon. What I don’t think was in the LE was – and this may just be a rumour from the other spot – that Lamb didn’t turn up to a couple of scheduled meetings with the administrator last week which has delayed things further.

As the RFL were the basic cause of our financial woes [by 'fining. the club its Sky money] I have no confidence in their bone fides. I'm sure they can keep it hanging on until there is no possiiblity of avoiding relegation.

Unless I’ve missed something – it’s possible, there is a lot flying about - not sure how you can blame the RFL if Lamb doesn’t show up for meetings or doesn’t have any proof of money. It’s the administrator who chooses the preferred bidder and this may well be the second time they have chosen incorrectly (although they have no real obligation to the long term interest of the club). The RFL has handled a lot of this terribly, but they are by no means alone in that. To be honest, if the business plan isn’t right, I’d rather the RFL took a bit of time, because it really is last chance saloon. If someone comes in and it collapses yet again, the club is pretty much dead.

As the RFL were the basic cause of our financial woes [by 'fining. the club its Sky money] I have no confidence in their bone fides. I'm sure they can keep it hanging on until there is no possiiblity of avoiding relegation.

The owners of the Bulls are the cause of your clubs woes,having to sell the ground to repay loans.The RFL are doing the right thing by ensuring whoever buys the Bulls has the financial wherewithal to keep the club going beyond the coming weeks.

As the RFL were the basic cause of our financial woes [by 'fining. the club its Sky money].

Seriously?

Hang on... Why were Bradford fined? Would that not have been the "basic cause"?

Always someone else's fault!

As the RFL were the basic cause of our financial woes [by 'fining. the club its Sky money] I have no confidence in their bone fides.

I take it you cant see the wood for the trees.

I take it you cant see the wood for the trees.

I do feel I'm ploughing a lonely furrow sometimes...

To repeat, hopefully not ad nauseum, ever since Caisley left in around 2006 the Bulls have never had much money. They took on responsibility for the ground under the 'Odsal settlement' in 2000 and in return for absolving Bfd Met from responsinbility for maintenance, were given a sum which was spent by CC to run the team. All club officials since then have been trying to square an unsquareable cirlce.

Chairman Hood took over and, without a 'sugar daddy', was always fighting financial fires and as often happens, people in desperate times take desperate 'rememdies', and very rarely do they work, as Mr Hood found out with his cheap ticket deal. At least he did try.

After going bust, Chairman Khan came in to 'save the club', however, whilst he is, by far, richer than myself he is far from rich in the great scheme of things, in fact he was far from rich in the general scheme of RL sugar daddies. On taking over he was met with the normal, and expected, reduction in points and also, in a new and specially brought in for the Bulls penalty, he was met with an RFL fine of one years Sky money, C £1.5m, to be taken over two years. This basically crippled Khan's attempt to get the club on an even keel.This remember was the innocent bloke who came to save the club, and not the people who perhaps should have been fined. The amount currently owed is far less than the RFL's  'fine' and if it hadn't been imposed there is no reason to think the club woudn't be in a reasonably stable financial condition. The fine was totally over the top and even if it had been designed specifically to kiill us off couldn't have been improved on.

For sure, there have been mistakes made at Bradford in recent times, mostly by people resorting to desperate measures to work around the 'help' they've been given, by the RFL. Most fans I speak to would be happy to go down to the second division, it's not as though we can't remember them playing there before, but most feel outraged that we are being railroaded by the RFL's deliberate agenda.

If a new consortium paid bradfords debts would the points deduction be reduced?