Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Davidson

Barrow Match

52 posts in this topic

Let's get as many people as possible to Park Lane on Sunday 3pm for what should be a cracking game.

Let's start to celebrate, sing and dance about our potential homecoming!

Let's see some faces that haven't been to see a Swinton match in a while....

Message to any "stay-away" fans - now is the time more than ever to show your support for the Lions and to show the Council what we could bring into the community. Get along to Park Lane on Sunday and then Leigh Sports Village in a couple of weeks' time and SUPPORT YOUR CLUB from now on.

...buy a programme, join the Supporters' Trust (109 members and growing), just HELP please!

"Take Me Home, Station Road!"

"We're coming home, we're coming home, we're coming, Swinton's coming home!!!!!"

Wise words Paul. I agree with every word you said. Now is the time for every person who reads the forum to get behind the Lions and start coming to games. I Urge all fans to join the Supporters Trust. The last few months have been evidence of how important it is to have a strong and vibrant Trust.

I think we'll all echo what Paul has just said.

:yahoo:

Very well put across Paul and I couldn't agree with you more. I am a recently returning Lions fan and I can tell you its great to be back. I used to follow the Lions both home and away throughout the 80's and 90's until the usual personal and family matters and I'm afraid a bit of apathy took over. I did however go the odd game in the last 10 yrs but I could hardly call that support. Your absolutely right we need to attract back all the old supporters along with some new ones. The great work that the club and the Trust are doing along with a good cup run and climbing the league ,starting Sunday , can only help raise the profile of the club and attract back the crowds this great club deserves. I have been to all matches this season and within reason I intend to continue to support the club as I should have indeed done for the last ten years with great enthusiasm. I do buy a programme, tickets for the draw etc and have joined the Trust but I realize this is just a small gesture. I have also made some new friends and have enjoyed myself greatly upon my return. They are a great set of lads who welcomed me along to Workington Away (great day apart from result and refereeing) and I intend to go away to Featherstone next week with the same bunch if the trip is indeed still on. I do feel something good is just around the corner for this grand old club . A bit long winded I know as I do tend to bang on a bit, but all I am simply saying is that if you're thinking of coming back or supporting a local club near you then do it now - support the Lions as its much needed , will be much appreciated and if you're anything like me you'll have a great day out. To quote Delia Smith " come on - lets be having you ".              Take me home M27   -  Come on you Lions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Very well put across Paul and I couldn't agree with you more. I am a recently returning Lions fan and I can tell you its great to be back. I used to follow the Lions both home and away throughout the 80's and 90's until the usual personal and family matters and I'm afraid a bit of apathy took over. I did however go the odd game in the last 10 yrs but I could hardly call that support. Your absolutely right we need to attract back all the old supporters along with some new ones. The great work that the club and the Trust are doing along with a good cup run and climbing the league ,starting Sunday , can only help raise the profile of the club and attract back the crowds this great club deserves. I have been to all matches this season and within reason I intend to continue to support the club as I should have indeed done for the last ten years with great enthusiasm. I do buy a programme, tickets for the draw etc and have joined the Trust but I realize this is just a small gesture. I have also made some new friends and have enjoyed myself greatly upon my return. They are a great set of lads who welcomed me along to Workington Away (great day apart from result and refereeing) and I intend to go away to Featherstone next week with the same bunch if the trip is indeed still on. I do feel something good is just around the corner for this grand old club . A bit long winded I know as I do tend to bang on a bit, but all I am simply saying is that if you're thinking of coming back or supporting a local club near you then do it now - support the Lions as its much needed , will be much appreciated and if you're anything like me you'll have a great day out. To quote Delia Smith " come on - lets be having you ". Take me home M27 - Come on you Lions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post Ralph and great to read some new points of view

Sadly some of our biggest critics and most regular contributors still need that final push to do what you have

If everyone does their bit the way forward will be much brighter

Cheers for that Mark and cheers Steve - looking forward to Featherstone trip. Thanks for sorting Hoodie Paul. see you all Sunday!!!

Just to clarify is the game 3pm kick off tomorrow at Sedgeley? Love rugy league site has it as a 1pm start!

The Raiders are bringing a couple of coach loads down. Where's the best pubs near the ground?

Hello Paul, PM message sent regarding the arrival of the retro shirts. Please can you bring them to the Barrow game,

Parkfield Inn on Park Lane is the only pub anywhere near the ground. And a decent bar on the ground itself. Both do real ale.

God we know how to make it hard for ourselves!

Glad we won

Penny Currie and Evans class proved the difference and as always James Brown was outstanding

My heart rate is almost back to normal now and just one final point....I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed rugby at Sedgley Park.

Class act  that's five tries in two games for the Lions now !

A good match. We looked a lot faster in attack than Barrow, especially in the first 30 mins and last 15. Our defence was well below par IMO, some very soft tries conceded and mainly off our own errors. I think we lost possession three times from their kick off. Shaw's try from the kick-through deserves a mention for Barrow as that was a quality move. In attack we looked more dangerous than we had in our previous four matches. Having Currie in the second row seemed to be the big difference, he was punching holes through the defence all game. Kev Penny has scored in every league game this season, how is he not getting a sniff at Wire?! Ritchie Hawkyard was awesome and could be a big miss next week at Fev. All in all, a solid win, but it could and should have been much more convincing.

Yep. We should really have buried them in this game. Mention must also go to 'Tumble' Dwyer today as he looked a far faster and skilled player than he has to date. Best I've seen Mr Evans play for us too.

Congrats to Mark Thomas for his try, Browny worked his socks off as did Josh Barlow.

Well done boys!

Having been through the video of todays game, i noticed the ref made a fair few dodgy decisions,or no decision at all. Despite that, try of the match is either the previously mentioned Shaw try or the first Swinton try from a wonderful Penny offload. I can't make it to Fev next week, but let's hope for a more defensively solid performance to go with todays flair in attack.

Having been through the video of todays game, i noticed the ref made a fair few dodgy decisions,or no decision at all. Despite that, try of the match is either the previously mentioned Shaw try or the first Swinton try from a wonderful Penny offload. I can't make it to Fev next week, but let's hope for a more defensively solid performance to go with todays flair in attack.

.....and of course Bryce I presume the DVD of today's match, as well as all the previous home matches, is available, each for £8 with proceeds going to the Supporters' Trust.

A certain amount of vitriol yesterday from sections of the away support with regard to "Dual Reg". And without wishing to open up another boring debate on the matter, all I would say is that whoever pulls on that blue jersey is putting his body on the line for Swinton, and they deserve our full support, maybe especially when they're getting stick from the opposition. Whether or not the rules are "fair" is a matter for Red Hall, but in the meantime we're abiding by them. If he's wearing a Swinton jersey he's a Swinton player as far as I'm concerned, and it won't hurt any less when he gets battered in a 3 man tackle!

A certain amount of vitriol yesterday from sections of the away support with regard to "Dual Reg". And without wishing to open up another boring debate on the matter, all I would say is that whoever pulls on that blue jersey is putting his body on the line for Swinton, and they deserve our full support, maybe especially when they're getting stick from the opposition. Whether or not the rules are "fair" is a matter for Red Hall, but in the meantime we're abiding by them. If he's wearing a Swinton jersey he's a Swinton player as far as I'm concerned, and it won't hurt any less when he gets battered in a 3 man tackle!

Well said Steve - naively thought this one had been done to death last season but will probably never go away - currently being dragged up on the Barrow forum (great response from Mark) and even now being mentioned on the York forum ahead of the cup game - fully understand how the opposition must feel when you are facing DR class players but we have all to get real and realise this is Championship Rugby League 2014 - trying to survive within the rules (sure I've said all this before)

.....and of course Bryce I presume the DVD of today's match, as well as all the previous home matches, is available, each for £8 with proceeds going to the Supporters' Trust.

Absolutely Paul! All edited last night, probably some of the best coverage I've got so far this season. Really enjoyed being back at Sedgley Park.