Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Davidson

Barrow Match

52 posts in this topic

The point of my original post has been missed. At the end of the game on Sunday, players wearing Swinton colours were subjected to abuse from a section of the away support because of the Warrington connection. So I was simply making the point that as fans I believe we should support all the lads wearing our colours on the field regardless of their background, make them feel welcome, and leave the dual-reg politics to another debate. Having said that it's not a debate that the club wants to shy away from and I intend to express the board's view in our next match programme.

The point of my original post has been missed. At the end of the game on Sunday, players wearing Swinton colours were subjected to abuse from a section of the away support because of the Warrington connection. So I was simply making the point that as fans I believe we should support all the lads wearing our colours on the field regardless of their background, make them feel welcome, and leave the dual-reg politics to another debate. Having said that it's not a debate that the club wants to shy away from and I intend to express the board's view in our next match programme.

Dont think it helped when one senior Warrington player interviewed on Sky TVlast season referred to us as Warringtons feeder club and reserve side.Then another supposedly a Swinton player signed from Wire announced that he regarded himself as a Warrington player and still this season we have Tony Smith announcing that Paul Wood will be playing for us,surely as Swinton fans we should know first.Its a contentious issue,I don't support it but I can accept it because of the position that the club is in.

Fair enough Dummy Scissors, I couldn't have seen the whole incident from you've said. And Kozzy, we only ask that fans understand the club's position on DR, which will be outlined in the York programme. Cheers.