Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

21/03/14 - Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • London Broncos

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

233 posts in this topic

Discuss the game here:

21/03/14 - Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Handicap line for this is around the 44 mark. Can anyone recall a bigger line that that in a Super League game?

Seeing as I fancy Leeds to score at least 60, I'm tempted by this bet.

44 seems remarkably low.  Perhaps their machine doesn't go higher.

44 seems remarkably low.  Perhaps their machine doesn't go higher.

One firm went up with 42 and that's already been smashed in to. Some firms going as high as 48.

One firm went up with 42 and that's already been smashed in to. Some firms going as high as 48.

I don't know what the weather's like in t'north now but assuming it's not as bad as in Wazza last night you're surely looking at +60?  It's the equivalent of Leeds v A Championship Side in the cup.

I'll be watching this from a pub in Camden, can't see past Leeds for this. Heavily.

I don't know what the weather's like in t'north now but assuming it's not as bad as in Wazza last night you're surely looking at +60?  It's the equivalent of Leeds v A Championship Side in the cup.

My only reticence with big handicaps is that the favourites don't need to win by a massive scoreline so may take their foot off the gas late on. But even saying that, this looks like a bet.

My most rotten experience with a big handicap was in an England v Italy Six Nations match. I backed England -57 and they won 80-23. :shout:

My only reticence with big handicaps is that the favourites don't need to win by a massive scoreline so mat take their foot off the gas late on. 

This is possibly the only bit of interest.  If it were me as coach, I'd be demanding the team run in as many as possible.  In a close league points difference can be worth an extra competition point so get as many in as possible.  Focus on scoring not on showboating.

This is possibly the only bit of interest.  If it were me as coach, I'd be demanding the team run in as many as possible.  In a close league points difference can be worth an extra competition point so get as many in as possible.  Focus on scoring not on showboating.

One would like to think so. And for that reason, I'm in.

This is why people go and watch competitive sport , know one giving London a chance . I'm sure the London players and backroom staff will be giving 100% . Two teams , 80minutes maybe just maybe the result might go in London's favour  :sclerosis:    

Party Cloudy and 6 or 7 degrees during the game. A bit windy but I can't see there being below a gap of 50.

Moon out injured. JP and Delaney rested.

62-10 to Leeds.

In the recent past London have beaten Leeds at Headingley,tonight could be one of those nights.

Garry Schofield thinks (hopes) London will lose by 100+...

This could be a very serious catastrophe for us - I don't think I'll be able to watch and I've supported the club since Day 1.

Tempted to back the Rhinos' props to score as London's forwards are tiny and I imagine Leeds will be able to run straight through the middle of them. Bailey available at 3/1.

Edit: 4/1

If Leeds really go for it they could put up 80. The Broncos are a Championship club in disguise. Not a particularly good disguise at that. They may well shock me later on this season and beat a Super League team but it's not going to happen today. There's as much chance of the rapture happening.

If Leeds really go for it they could put up 80. The Broncos are a Championship club in disguise. Not a particularly good disguise at that. They may well shock me later on this season and beat a Super League team but it's not going to happen today. There's as much chance of the rapture happening.

London's players are full time though whilst championship players arent.

The team should be able to make a game of it.

London to put in a big defensive display for the first 20 minutes or so and then slowly fall apart once Leeds score a couple of tries. One sided from then on with London scoring once on the back of a Leeds error. 62 - 6 to Leeds. Will be watching on the tele but expect channel hopping to commence before half time.. 

I'll be watching this from a pub in Camden, can't see past Leeds for this. Heavily.

I'll be watching it through my fingers.

I'll be watching it for @BytheMinRugbyL.  It's the only way I could make myself do it.