Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

21/03/14 - Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • London Broncos

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

233 posts in this topic

Brian McDermott is planning a clean sweep this year, Leeds are really gunning for all three titles. It’s obvious that Leeds are blooding the youngsters and rotating in the fringe players against the weaker teams to keep the first teamers as fresh as possible for the bigger games.

Peacock and Delaney missing will be huge, not only do they rarely make errors but they are the top two tacklers in the side and top two metre makers in the forwards. Replace them with the ‘potential’ of the youngsters and/or use fringe players like Kirke & Clarkson and expect a closer game down the middle and a few extra errors thrown in.

That said I can’t imagine anything but an easy win, however with Peacock & Delaney absent it wouldn’t surprise me if that results in a few points to the Broncos.

Jones Bishop should be able to deputise for Moon, the backline should be potent enough to get 50+ points. Contrary to popular belief I think the bookies have it wrong though, Leeds win well but not by -44.

Also…….. I see a little bit of arrogance in Watkins play which is not the Leeds way. I would be interested what people make of him tonight against a team his skills should be able to exploit. I hope it’s just in my head otherwise we’ll have to sell him to the Cherry and Whites!!

London have got to approach the game in a positive manner, reading this board is akin to telling the XIII not to turn up at the ground.

Let's get positive, as no-one rates their chances so they can play with a certain freedom. It's a nationally televised game and you would have to look at it as an opportunity to put yourself in the shop window to join a proper Rugby League Club for 2015. but to do this you have to keep up professional standards and keep at it for the whole 80 minutes. That's what scouts and Directors of Rugby look at how you perform in adversity and how big a ticker you have. 

I remain convinced that London will win some games this year, whether or not this is enough to avoid relegation, I dunno but I certainly would not concede relegaton until a mathematical certainty. and that's the way to approch it and I am sure how Tony Rea will address the side tonight. not to worry about what Leeds can do but instead let them worry about what WE can do, go out there and have some fun. and keep going for the full 80 for the paying public, the fans on TV and their own professional pride. 

Garry Schofield thinks (hopes) London will lose by 100+...

With "friends" like Garry Schofield does the game of Rugby League really need enemies...

Leeds by about 36 , these potential blow outs are usually not as bad as you fear but as previously said ,what were Sky thinking. There audience will be much reduced .

London's players are full time though whilst championship players arent.

The team should be able to make a game of it.

yes, you're right there. Still don't think they'll make a game of it. I did hear about them putting in good effort in their early games and improving in each one but all I've got to go off is what I saw against Wakefield and I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that team making a game of it tonight

I'm hearing Sinfield is rested too so on top of Peacock, Delaney and Moons injury there's 4 good players missing. Even without those 4 though it's a very good team. I reckon as always this season it'll be closish until halftime (around 12/18-0) before a second half route.

Still think there'll be 50 in it, even without those players.

Ok, so he's pretty much rested half the team :lol:

Hardaker

Jones-Bishop

Watkins

Ward

Hall

McGuire

Burrow

Leuluai

Aiton

Kirke

Ablett

Jones-Buchanan

Singleton

Minchella

Mulhurn

Achurch

Clarkson

Ok, so he's pretty much rested half the team :lol:

Hardaker

Jones-Bishop

Watkins

Ward

Hall

McGuire

Burrow

Leuluai

Aiton

Kirke

Ablett

Jones-Buchanan

Singleton

Minchella

Mulhurn

Achurch

Clarkson

That's a relief. Come on Broncos! ;-)

London's players are full time though whilst championship players arent.

The team should be able to make a game of it.

Unfortunately you're about to find out its not that simple.

18-0 at 18 mins.

Sky commentary would have you believe Leeds are world beaters rather than playing a bunch of kids.

Would help if the inexperienced Ref spotted the forward pass, the offside on the kick to the full back or the knock on that went clearly back.

Broncos have a try disallowed on review.

Cmon you Broncos.

London don't seem to be playing any worse than Warrington did last night.

18-0 at 18 mins.

Sky commentary would have you believe Leeds are world beaters rather than playing a bunch of kids.

Would help if the inexperienced Ref spotted the forward pass, the offside on the kick to the full back or the knock on that went clearly back.

Cmon you Broncos.

Could that be because Leeds have been world beaters!

I dont actually think London have been that bad. McGuire has been unstoppable so far and the average age of 22 for the Broncos has shown at times. That being said, 34-0 at half time isnt promising. Leeds are completing their sets and look dangerous every time they move it wide. Could be 70 or 80 with easy as the kids tire out.

Could that be because Leeds have been world beaters!

Have been maybe but beating a London team barely out of nappies with a coach who cannot teach a defensive structure to save his life is not the sign of world beaters. I think that was the point which was being made.

Have been maybe but beating a London team barely out of nappies with a coach who cannot teach a defensive structure to save his life is not the sign of world beaters. I think that was the point which was being made.

So what do the commentary team do to try and make a one sided trouncing sound enthralling?

18-0 at 18 mins.

Cmon you Broncos.

Yes but that's Leeds no matter who they play isn't it?

I dont actually think London have been that bad. McGuire has been unstoppable so far and the average age of 22 for the Broncos has shown at times. That being said, 34-0 at half time isnt promising. Leeds are completing their sets and look dangerous every time they move it wide. Could be 70 or 80 with easy as the kids tire out.

Perhaps I am being naive here but with so many young players in one team, wouldn't it be wise to focus on defence a lot, how to make tackles, structures and the like?  I'd believe that the team per se was poor because they can't defend but the Broncos team last year had lots of former NRL players in it yet they couldn't tackle a Sunday roast either so methinks the coach is not very good.

So what do the commentary team do to try and make a one sided trouncing sound enthralling?

Who says they have to try and make it sound enthralling?  The NRL commentators never try that.  They just comment on what they see, giving praise where it is due, criticising sometimes, making comments on decisions by the ref occasionally (but not to the point of obsession like Eddie & Stevo), etc.  There is no need to fake it. 

Who says they have to try and make it sound enthralling?  The NRL commentators never try that.  They just comment on what they see, giving praise where it is due, criticising sometimes, making comments on decisions by the ref occasionally (but not to the point of obsession like Eddie & Stevo), etc.  There is no need to fake it. 

If they were saying it about Saints v London,would you be saying the same?