Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

21/03/14 - Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • London Broncos

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

233 posts in this topic

If they were saying it about Saints v London,would you be saying the same?

Of course!  If the Saints side who played Warrington played London this weekend they would be as dominant as Leeds are now because like Leeds Saints have a side which has the proper mix of experience, youth and talent to make a good team.  London don't have that.  They have a scratch side, poorly coached, with some genuine talent in it but entirely lacking grunt up front and experience in the necessary roles.  Every Saints fan would know that in advance and every Saints fan would know that we would likely pulverise this Broncos side at this stage of the season.  Why then try and dress it up as something it is not?  Everyone else knows the truth.  All the Sky buffoons do is make themselves look daft and they irritate fans who know they are faking it because the fans can all see the truth.

The London fullback has had a great 40 minutes.  So say so.  The Broncos team is inexperienced and young, so say so.  Just say it as it is; don't make it out to be something it isn't.

Eddie Hemmings is getting more and more embarrassing. 

London don't seem to be playing any worse than Warrington did last night.

Not strictly true, they are not dropping as much ball, however their defensive structure isn't a patch on Warrington's.

I want to enjoy watching the game not be embarrased by eddie and co making out we are watching pure gold from Leeds.

The ease that McGuire ran 60 yards tells the story.

So what do the commentary team do to try and make a one sided trouncing sound enthralling?

Well worked try .Well done London.

Deciding to show uncomptetitve games on prime time RL tv is NOT doing our sport any great favours.

London seem to be the converse of the rest of the SL clubs in that they seem to be able to produce a decent standard of backs but lack the production line in the forwards. Just off the top of my head there has been Clubb (started as a ctr), sarginson, canning, Cairo, Dixon and now caton-brown and macani.

I really have a soft spot for London and hope the go ok.

Deciding to show uncomptetitve games on prime time RL tv is NOT doing our sport any great favours.

I tell you what doesn't do our game any favours,so called lovers of the game that continually put the game down.

I tell you what doesn't do our game any favours,so called lovers of the game that continually put the game down.

I want to be entertained and that means being shown something which resembles competitive RL. This is embarassing. Maybe you would prefer the moderator to delete any negative comments ?

Oh, and that's  50 up by the way...

I want to be entertained and that means being shown something which resembles competitive RL. This is embarassing. Maybe you would prefer the moderator to delete any negative comments ?

Oh, and that's  50 up by the way...

Again,if last night's game would have been a similar scoreline,would we hear the same howls of indignation.It's only because it's London that we are getting such negativity.

Well at 48 : 6 with 5  mins to go that's better than I expected. Fair play to London in the second half

One firm went up with 42 and that's already been smashed in to. Some firms going as high as 48.

Looks like that firm are going to be bob on the money.

Again,if last night's game would have been a similar scoreline,would we hear the same howls of indignation.It's only because it's London that we are getting such negativity.

I think the problem is Hemmings' is talking in terms as if Leeds were playing a team that has gone unbeaten all season, last night we had to put up with continually saying if Lee Briers hadn't retired it would have been different. Phil Clarke thankfully put in the reality by pointing out Briers total input last season.

Hemmings can't commentate objectively, he is ruining game after game.

I think the problem is Hemmings' is talking in terms as if Leeds were playing a team that has gone unbeaten all season, last night we had to put up with continually saying if Lee Briers hadn't retired it would have been different. Phil Clarke thankfully put in the reality by pointing out Briers total input last season.

Hemmings can't commentate objectively, he is ruining game after game.

Agreed,flesh blood is needed at Sky.

Agreed,flesh blood is needed at Sky.

You want Sky to do what now?

Sacrifice Eddie,Stevo and Phil Clarke to the "Rugby Gods"(™Phil Clarke)

SL gets worse each season. The Clubs, Sky and the RFL have ruined the Pro game in England. Yesterdays game was boring and poor and tonights even worse! Thank god the NRL is way better both in standard and entertainment

SL gets worse each season. The Clubs, Sky and the RFL have ruined the Pro game in England. Yesterdays game was boring and poor and tonights even worse! Thank god the NRL is way better both in standard and entertainment

It was pretty similar in standard to the Bulldogs/Sharks game on Monday night if were being totally honest.

Have not seen that one to be honest. But I rarely see a SL game that has high standards and is entertaining. However most weeks I watch an NRL game that is of a decent quality and entertaining. Last weeks Storm v Panthers game was top exciting game as was the Sea Eagles v Bunnies. Todays Roosters v Broncos was another. Yet to see the Bunnies v Tigers but the result was a small shock. The other problem is Sky are simply awful and put me off from watching. The likes of Stevo and Eddie are simply boring and full of rubbish. The Aussie/Kiwi Commentators keep the game interesting and call the game not go moaning about the Ref or players or making shock statements and coming across as clueless

It was pretty similar in standard to the Bulldogs/Sharks game on Monday night if were being totally honest.

Actually, I think tonight's game was of a better standard than that Bulldogs/Sharks game, in the second half anyway. That Bulldogs game was so dire it made my eyes bleed and I had to turn it off.

Have not seen that one to be honest. But I rarely see a SL game that has high standards and is entertaining. However most weeks I watch an NRL game that is of a decent quality and entertaining.

I watch SL and NRL weekly and most times I can't see much difference, given that I can watch every game of the NRL each week but only two games of SL each week.  There are some truly awful games in both comps, some average games in both comps and some great games in both comps. The style is different in each - the NRL is far more defensive and structured than SL - but variation in standard and entertainment value is there in both and ultimately I prefer SL as the more open style of rugby.