Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/03/14 - Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

Who will win?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

76 posts in this topic

Discuss the game here:

23/03/14 - Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

Tough one to call, at some point Salford are going to hit their straps, hopefully not this week although with Chase back it wouldnt suprise me.  That said if anytime can deal with him it should be his former team mates and coach at Cas!

Should be some good battles, am i right Johnston plays on the right, if so him vs Carney could be interesting (especially if Cas put Jake Webster inside Carney).  I think Cas have had a couple of very tough games and think a few key forwards looked shot in the latter stages against Hull.  Sneyd against his parent club, Chase against his former club......

Sounds like Cas are taking a back and loud following which always seems to help particurly towards the end of games were Cas have been so effective this season.

Ultimately I think Rangi could be the key and that like him makes the game very unpredicatable...

I think the attendance will be a barometer on the renaissances of both clubs. Is 8,000 a possibility ?

I think the attendance will be a barometer on the renaissances of both clubs. Is 8,000 a possibility ?

last I heard Cas were up to 8 coaches filled which I think will take our away following to be about 1500

Never say die Cas to keep their unbeaten record alive,they will win at the death again

This could be a cracker, as someone has commented Salford are going to come good at some point, Will this be it ? Chase will be up for this, and what a player Snede is turning out to be, Wish this had been on TV instead of Leeds London.   Draw.

Not sure why everyone seems to think Salford will "come good" at some point, they've recruited a load of shot and/or erratic players and will be lucky to make the top 8 for me.

Well as Cas are coached and are playing I think Salford in a tight one. Cas can't keep pulling it out at the death ...can they?

The best coach in RL to do the business again and with plenty to spare.

I think Nobby's best days are behind him to be honest  ;)

Close 1st half with cas to run away with it in 2nd half 32-16 to cas, DP has already shut chase out of a game when he coached fev n i dont think tim smith offers much.

Lose this and it could be P45 time for Nobby.

The 'Don't marry the first girl you meet' statement by Dr K in response to the RFL acceptance of the tv deal may come back to haunt him as he accepted Brian Noble as head coach without interviewing anyone else.( I blame the RFL )

While the Red Devils wait to gel,the 6 signings made by Daryl Powell seem to have fitted in immediately and seemingly effortlessly.

Last week,to face 2 successful hookers Noble dropped/rested Howarth but the pre-match interview with him by those professional journalists failed to find a reason as the laugh-in centred around Bradford Bulls.

Howarth has been recalled to the squad much to the chagrin of those SRD followers who target him for their complaints - best not point out they lost without him !

Only 1 second half victory for a Brian Noble coached side since he arrived at SRD,and that was at London,last month.

Huge respect for DP for the job done at Featherstone and hitherto at Cas.

A home win for me.Only on the basis that we have won both games this year where there have been afternoon starts and James Child has been the referee.Not forgetting that our players must play to their (previous) capabilities sometime this year.

A big away win, and a new coach for the home side by Easter. Followed by an exodus at the end of the year of players who signed up for Nobby's fun club. Cas are developing a good habit of playing clubs at the right time.

10 - 6 to Salford  Half Time.

Sounds a really good game, Cas bombed a try before ht, could go either way

14 - 6

I don't accept that KT. This is a game we should be able to win.

I never said it wasn't mate

16 - 6