Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/03/14 - Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

Who will win?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Draw
    • Castleford Tigers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

76 posts in this topic

Cas have been absolutely awful

They've been a penalty machine.

RM have just mentioned a good turnout from Cas fans, they've certainly been vocal.

22 - 16 after continiuos Cas pressure tells

Salford DG 23  - 16

Salford DG 23  - 16

Rangi missed about 25 DG attempts for us then kills us off with one for Salford - deary me

23 - 16 FT

Cas supporters in for a bad day M60 closed both ways since 3:30 no time given for re-opening.

Fair play to Salford - caught us at our absolute worst and did what they needed to do.

Upsetting that we've had 2 poor displays in a row so need to get back on track against London in Thursday.

Well done Salford , not mentioning that greedy b******s name. Didn't take our chances but sounds like Child was average at best, ah well onto London

Good effort from Salford, wasn't expecting too much this afternoon but that was the best display by far this season. They deserved the win but it was squeaky bum time when they were caught out with a quick tap and try followed by a soft one for Dorn (I think) minutes later after looking very comfortable at 22-6.

Attack from Salford was hugely improved with the returning Chase pulling the strings. We finally seemed to have a bit of direction and some guile. Tim Smith looked a lot more comfortable playing second fiddle to him. Tommy Lee & Theo Fages sharing hooker worked well and Junior Sau looked dangerous and made good metres all afternoon. I praised Jordan Walne after the last home game and both he and his brother, Adam, provided good enthusiasm off the bench. Only player to disappoint was Meli out on the wing with a few dropped balls but he did OK bringing it back up the middle when we were trying to bring it back from deep. Would have liked to have seen Wigan's Manfredi out there again, not sure if he is still at Salford or if it was a very short term loan.

Actually, worst performance of the day was by the stewards who let one of the Cas fans totter onto the pitch and make it to the halfway line to remonstrate with the ref at a scrum. Fortunately she didn't change his mind and the feed remained with the Red Devils.

Cas made a good effort to get back into it late on and were pinning Salford in their own 20 for a while but they left themselves a little too much to do. Commiserations to Cas on losing their unbeaten record and also a horrific trip back round the M60.

The best coach in RL to do the business again and with plenty to spare.

how right you were! Well done nobby!

Much improved attacking from Salford, Smith didn't have a good game for me giving away two critical pens. Both teams failed to realise Mr Child had his rule book out last night and had been studying it. Cas in particular failed to learn from their mistakes and were lucky not to be on a team warning in the first half.

This was the best performance from Salford in a long time, not sure if all the improvement is down to Chase or partly due to the tactics from Long. Think Nobby has bought himself a few extra games. Still a lot of improvement required from Salford

Listening to the radio, Salford had periods of brilliance and periods of horror. Cas had horror after horror, and short periods of competence.

Much improved attacking from Salford.

This was the best performance from Salford in a long time. Still a lot of improvement required from Salford

Agree totally.The best 80 minutes since Noble took over - we even won a second half - but huge improvement required for the remainder of this campaign.

Taking advantage at 'crisis' club Hull FC (twice ) is imperative,and winning at Bradford,before the more difficult Easter games. 

Big difference despite Sean Long only attending a reported 2 days a week.Would be beneficial to have him involved more often.

Discuss the game here:

23/03/14 - Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

Are you sure?

I wouldn't want to say anything that'll get the thread locked

I think the attendance is a little disappointing but still way ahead of last years similar fixture. Small steps at Salford. Cas started the season well and now need to regroup and not let momentum slip away.

I think the attendance is a little disappointing but still way ahead of last years similar fixture. Small steps at Salford. Cas started the season well and now need to regroup and not let momentum slip away.

The attendance has gone down with each home game so it's possible Salford needed this win.  With a win in the bag the home attendance may go back up again next time.  I would imagine Salford's fans will be easily discouraged given their recent history.

The attendance has gone down with each home game so it's possible Salford needed this win.  With a win in the bag the home attendance may go back up again next time.  I would imagine Salford's fans will be easily discouraged given their recent history.

FYI Cas had over 2,000 there so it was about 3,500 Salford fans

Way ahead of last years but disappointing what the bloody hell do you want.

Two perennial cellar dwellers get a way ahead of the norm attendance and you think its disappointing, get real.

What did you expect 25,000,

KT where did you get that figure from, I know it was a good turnout, but, RM estimated 1,500.

Way ahead of last years but disappointing what the bloody hell do you want.

Two perennial cellar dwellers get a way ahead of the norm attendance and you think its disappointing, get real.

What did you expect 25,000,

KT where did you get that figure from, I know it was a good turnout, but, RM estimated 1,500.

I'm going off the comments on twitter so 1,500 could be closer to the mark I guess - however there is a pic floating around twitter showing the Cas end absolutely jam packed.

I'm going off the comments on twitter so 1,500 could be closer to the mark I guess - however there is a pic floating around twitter showing the Cas end absolutely jam packed.

I'd guesstimate 1,500 as well. Looked a little more than Wakefield, Saints & Warrington who all brought around 1,000-1,200 but not that much more, certainly not anywhere near double what those teams brought.

I'd guesstimate 1,500 as well. Looked a little more than Wakefield, Saints & Warrington who all brought around 1,000-1,200 but not that much more, certainly not anywhere near double what those teams brought.

I'll tale your word for it as someone who is obviously more qualified.

Good luck for the rest of the season

The South  terrace holds about 2,000 and there was a little room so 1500 would be about right. It's one of the best turn outs from away fans.

It's still about 2000 than most crowds last season