Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

23/03/14 - Hull FC v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

Who will win?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • Widnes Vikings

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75 posts in this topic

Was the 4 a try?  The 5-2 was just kicks.

I'm not sure, but it had snow I think. Both sound thrillers.

What is surprising OF is that Hull have gone almost a decade now playing pretty much the same style of football. The Hull fans have done it tough for a number of years without a creative spine.

Dare I say it that Paul Cooke was the last player who shook things up at half-back. What has happened to the young Wests Tigers 7 who came over with massive expectations?

Lee Radford doesn't appear to rate him much.

Time is running out as regards the Hull fans' patience. There are a few that will go no matter what but plenty who won't.

Today's game was so dull, that I found a spelling mistake in an advert on the big screen. :(

Today's game was so dull, that I found a spelling mistake in an advert on the big screen. :(

Dull or exciting, spelling mistakes are serious business.

and still the same at HT.........bit of an arm wrestle by the sounds of it

Arm wrestle? If only the game had hit those dizzy heights.

Bloody sods law.

We're sending a taxi to pick you up next year.

Lee Radford doesn't appear to rate him much.

Time is running out as regards the Hull fans' patience. There are a few that will go no matter what but plenty who won't.

If ever a game demonstrated the running sore that is our ongoing problem at half back it was today's. If Miller doesn't get a chance after that shambles then he never will.

Aren't you going to share it with us?

So after wanting Sharpe out, no better under Radford?

You missed out the legend that was Richard Agar & Peter Gentle. Radford wouldn't have been my choice, but prepared to give him a chance. Patience however wearing rather thin after todays "display". Team selection was just bizarre - even after you account for our lack of props. Ellis in the front row, Rankin at full back, Heremaia at stand-off, Crooks on the bench, Miller in the stand....... I could go on.

Radfords post-match interview had me shuddering in recollection of the dark days under Len Casey:

Humberside reporter "What cost you the game Lee?"

Radford "Individuals"

Oh dear.......

Well done to Widnes. A really good tacking stint. And well done to young Tom Gilmore. A well taken drop goal to clinch the game in his first Super Legaue start.

What an awful rugby game.

Completely rudderless and devoid of ideas. Both teams. That game could go on until midnight and there still wouldn't have been another try. Has there ever been a SL game with 79 minutes of tryless action?!

And Kirk Yeaman needs dropping. Simply shambolic performance.

I guess its always rudderless when you get your ass torn apart at home... a must win game for Hull....same conditions for both teams,,,,you have to question the Hull coaching

I guess its always rudderless when you get your ass torn apart at home... a must win game for Hull....same conditions for both teams,,,,you have to question the Hull coaching

"ass torn apart"?...was it 0-7 or 0-70?

Apart from the Rankin fumble that gave Ah Van a walk in try, Widnes also wouldn't have scored all day.

Don't kid yourself that they were summat special, in spite of being very poor, Hull still looked the likeliest to score.

However, you're quite correct regarding the Hull coaching, it's been like that for ages.

There's lots of sniping over on the Hull RLFans site, saying they shouldn't get nilled at home by lowly Widnes.

Well, check the League and see who's lowly.  :onthequiet:

You missed out the legend that was Richard Agar & Peter Gentle. Radford wouldn't have been my choice, but prepared to give him a chance. Patience however wearing rather thin after todays "display". Team selection was just bizarre - even after you account for our lack of props. Ellis in the front row, Rankin at full back, Heremaia at stand-off, Crooks on the bench, Miller in the stand....... I could go on.

Radfords post-match interview had me shuddering in recollection of the dark days under Len Casey:

Humberside reporter "What cost you the game Lee?"

Radford "Individuals"

Oh dear.......

We'll know we're in trouble if there's a 'Rogue's Gallery' in today's Mail.

"Ass torn apart"? Were you at the game?

The difference between the two sides was on the first 45 seconds (a dropped ball followed by picking it up and putting it down over the line). Can you tell me any other incident during the game where it looked like Widnes would score? They were just as bad as Hull, if not worse.

last season hull won the coresponding fixture 72-10 i would say that this seasons game is a good indicator of how much widnes have improved.

last season hull won the coresponding fixture 72-10 i would say that this seasons game is a good indicator of how much widnes have improved.

Not really. I'd say Widnes were just as poor yesterday as they were last year at the KC. They didn't have another try scoring opportunity after the first 45 seconds. You could say they were even worse as they at least managed to score 10 points against a red hot Hull side.

Had Hull played the way they did last year, it wouldn't have been far off. In fact, if Widnes played the way Hull did last year, you'd have stuck 72 on us as well.

It was just a bloody awful performance from both teams. The only positive anyone can get out of that game is that Widnes didn't drop the ball after the Hull player did to score at the start!

the result says it all mate........

widnes won a dour game end of story mate

Widnes got the luck end of really, as for other close games didnt saints beat crusaders 4-0 in south wales with matty smith playing on loan( from saints) for cru?

Thought I'd gather my thoughts before posting after that!

A very poor game with 2 poor team displays - how anyone from either side can draw much from that I'll never know - dire is somewhat over stating it!

My view was basically Hull's passing was atrocious, both from dummy half and during free play.  The number of handling errors from Hull was largely due to the lack of fundamental skill to pass to someone in front of them close enough to catch it.  Time and time again they were stretching or reaching back or scrambling for the ball off the floor.

Very poor basic skills shown up by the bad conditions.  (I think this is a general trend these days - not many true ball players about!)

Widnes had a very simple game plan to try and limit Hull territorially and it worked.

Brown kicked long and early to pin Hull back time and time again - something that Hull didn't seem to grasp, by running the ball like it was a hot day in August.

I have no doubt under good conditions Hull would have won comfortably but then again it wasn't and we didn't.

Finally a shot at Mr Thaler - ###### and inconsistent for both sides - dear oh dear has the quality of refereeing ever been so bad in Super league?

Aren't you going to share it with us?

No. You can have it as something to look forward to finding during the next bore-fest.

No. You can have it as something to look forward to finding during the next bore-fest.

If I manage to stop shaking my head in disbelief long enough to focus, I'll check it out.