Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarefrith

John Bastian

129 posts in this topic

A year? Unfortuneatly we havent got that amount of time to give! Too much at stake

As you mentioned dont make the top 2 and that 500k and its a disaster and he wont be here anyway if we dont get there so might not even make a year regardless

Dont win well against swinton and lose in the cup and that might be curtains

Doncaster been together ages? They had dual reg from hull and at least 3 close season signings playing for them yesterday

A year? Unfortuneatly we havent got that amount of time to give! Too much at stake

As you mentioned dont make the top 2 and that 500k and its a disaster and he wont be here anyway if we dont get there so might not even make a year regardless

Doncaster been together ages? They had dual reg from hull and at least 3 close season signings playing for them yesterday

so they had s/l players playing for them?

I know Jay pitts and liam kent are still at hull fc with first team experience and played yesterday for donny and ryan wilson was at hull fc when my youngest son was there but i think hes permanantly at donny now

true  why  someone  didnt  man  mark  cooky  and  make him  have  to  make  plays  under  pressure is  bad  coaching. he  murdered us at  fev  last season .legs  may  have  gone  but  he is  aproper  rugby  player  who  plays  more  as  it  happens  on  instinct.at  the  moment  we  always  seem  to  be  playing  for  three  tackles in  advance  rather  than       straight running backing  up  the ball carrier and playing  what  one  sees  in front  of you i  honestley  think  most  rugby  players  dont really  understand  the  game  they just  performe  likke  animals  in  a  circus probably  why  we  can't  produce  good  half  backs  any  flair  is  coached  out  of  them  at  an early  age  .rant  over .

I am afraid that you are correct when you state that players perform "like animals". No where is this more pronounced than in soccer. Every team play to a set pattern. No individual flair or skill. "do as you are instructed".. Never forget Sir Matt Busby:s statement." I let em go out on the park to enjoy themselves. They know what to do". As for your comments about Cookie, surely the captain of the day should have selected him out as being a marked man. Simples.

Jesus christ! We lost 2 games last year playing poor and look what happened! We won the league. It is far too early to be pointing fingers yet. We have to give him this year at least to show us what he is made of. Ok if we arent in top 4 i can understand us been angry. Doncaster played well and baring in mind they are a team who have been together for a while now so the chemistry is going to be better than ours. Need time to gel it doesnt happen over night. Get your Glory supporter heads out of your a**** and support your team through thick and thin.

Expect to loose some of them, Rov for Ever, but it is the manner in which we loose that is the rub.

Its not the fact we have lost 2 games thats the problem its all the other stuff im hearing that bothers me, Players dont like / respect him and the worst thing is they dont believe in what hes telling them to do on the field. . I know 1 of the Donny assistants They knew exactly how we would play, worked on a game to combat it, When our game was thwarted we were clueless. Prima-donners some of our players were described as. We have 3 times there playing budget, full time conditioner, Stats man, 1/2 million pound centre of excellence, full time coach, most of our players are on 3 times the money there players are on. Yet we were out coached, out enthused, by a team that looked better drilled, fitter and better coached. I feel for Mark Cambell and the board they have given this regime all they have asked for. paul Cooke played well but dont fall into the trap of thinking he was the difference alone, it was an embarrasing, shambolic performance and for the 1st time for a long time i feel like i dont want to sit through the game this Sunday. Having said all this i applaud our board for giving a young English novice coach a chance in this vital season, other clubs would of either gone for an Aussie or one of the English coach's from the Championship coach merry go round, if it hasnt worked, it hasnt worked no shame just move on

Answers when we finish third or forth with no 500k what will happen then ????

Feisal will need to stump up an extra £400k.

proper  cash  or  just  paper  shares  against  the  assets  of  our  club.i  thought  the  idea of  bringing  in  john bastian  was  tocreate  a  passage  for  the  best  young  amatuer  talent  in  the  area  to  progress  to  first  team  level.this  will  take  at  least  three to  four  years  to  impliment.better  to  go  down  this  route  than  bring  in  fringe  super  league  players  other  teams  dont   want.if  kids  want  to  play  proffesional  rugby  league  they  should  be  able  to play  in  the  championship  youth  is  the  key  to  the  future.

Poor Man

He will be the greatest thing since sliced bread come next week !!

Calm down.....we've got a new coaching team and loads of new players to integrate and gel.

I see this season as gearing up for next season.........which is what really counts........maybe if we finish 4th or 5th and get dumped out of the play offs first round it will be time to worry.

I for one would rather us finish, 2nd or 3rd but be firing on all cylinders come play off time and win something.

Its not the fact we have lost 2 games thats the problem its all the other stuff im hearing that bothers me, Players dont like / respect him and the worst thing is they dont believe in what hes telling them to do on the field. . I know 1 of the Donny assistants They knew exactly how we would play, worked on a game to combat it, When our game was thwarted we were clueless. Prima-donners some of our players were described as. We have 3 times there playing budget, full time conditioner, Stats man, 1/2 million pound centre of excellence, full time coach, most of our players are on 3 times the money there players are on. Yet we were out coached, out enthused, by a team that looked better drilled, fitter and better coached. I feel for Mark Cambell and the board they have given this regime all they have asked for. paul Cooke played well but dont fall into the trap of thinking he was the difference alone, it was an embarrasing, shambolic performance and for the 1st time for a long time i feel like i dont want to sit through the game this Sunday. Having said all this i applaud our board for giving a young English novice coach a chance in this vital season, other clubs would of either gone for an Aussie or one of the English coach's from the Championship coach merry go round, if it hasnt worked, it hasnt worked no shame just move on

you do talk some sheeeite sometimes. This isn't one of those occasions. Unbelievably I agree with almost all aspects of your post.

now you can go back to posting drivel and drooling on your keyboard.

proper  cash  or  just  paper  shares  against  the  assets  of  our  club.

Shares have to be paid for. Or, at least, if not, he'd still owe the money if the company failed.

Did he not say that he'd ensure that Rovers were on full salary cap ?  Not - on full salary cap provided we're in the top two.

Calm down.....we've got a new coaching team and loads of new players to integrate and gel.

I see this season as gearing up for next season.........which is what really counts........maybe if we finish 4th or 5th and get dumped out of the play offs first round it will be time to worry.

I for one would rather us finish, 2nd or 3rd but be firing on all cylinders come play off time and win something.

The league is the most important this season 500k up for grabs what is the GF worth bet is no where near that amount

Lowfield absolutely nailed it. Don't think there is much chance of Bastian finishing the season, lets see.

In the pre season games we looked superb. Now we are told the players have no respect for JB. Why, what has happened to destroy that confidence?

In the pre season games we looked superb. Now we are told the players have no respect for JB. Why, what has happened to destroy that confidence?

Just a suggestion to answer your question Col. I think JB needs to be given a chance as I have mentioned but since the pre season hasn't there being some feathers ruffled?

Tommy Saxton being virtually shown the door after one game arguably the best Clubman since promotion. Kainy, the best attacking player we have having a spell on the naughty step. Ian Hardman being made vice captain, then being dropped.

Andy Bostock given about 20 minutes total game time.

Andy Ellis the fittest player in the team being dropped because the stats man says that he is not fit enough.

Matt James thinking he's doing the oke-koke in terms of selection.

Jamie Coording who played 20 odd games for the champions of the Suoer League hardly getting a look in over a player who was farmed out last year. Matty Dale propping against Rochdale, and other players who haven't been rotated at all have all puzzled the fans, so god knows what it does to the players minds

Just a suggestion to answer your question Col. I think JB needs to be given a chance as I have mentioned but since the pre season hasn't there being some feathers ruffled?

Tommy Saxton being virtually shown the door after one game arguably the best Clubman since promotion. Kainy, the best attacking player we have having a spell on the naughty step. Ian Hardman being made vice captain, then being dropped.

Andy Bostock given about 20 minutes total game time.

Andy Ellis the fittest player in the team being dropped because the stats man says that he is not fit enough.

Matt James thinking he's doing the oke-koke in terms of selection.

Jamie Coording who played 20 odd games for the champions of the Suoer League hardly getting a look in over a player who was farmed out last year. Matty Dale propping against Rochdale, and other players who haven't been rotated at all have all puzzled the fans, so god knows what it does to the players minds

Also been suggested that JB has changed some of the calls and that the older players, ie those who have been here for a couple of years, are using the old calls and the newer players using the new ones, therefore causing confusion when an old call gets called and the new players don't know what's happening..

Well coronetking if what you say is right, I think 5 games in is enough to start culling players who are using the wrong calls,obviously those players can't have the level of commitment required to take us forward to the next level if they can't accept change.JB is the coach and as such he really needs to let those players know there's no room for anyone trying to undermine his authority and get rid.

The league is the most important this season 500k up for grabs what is the GF worth bet is no where near that amount

So it's more important (and worth more in prize money) to finish top of the league than to win the grand final this year?

If so why are we bothering with a grand final then?  seems daft.

Agree wi Tuuta.

For me, if we finish top 3 and are hiting our straps by end of regular season will hopefully see thee all at 'edingley!

So it's more important (and worth more in prize money) to finish top of the league than to win the grand final this year?

If so why are we bothering with a grand final then? seems daft.

It would be nice to get to the GF again especially as it is at Headingley but unfortunately money more important to help the club progress

Where does it say that finishing top of the league this year gets you the most prize money?

It seems to be a very important change in emphasis that has hardly been shouted from the rooftops.....i can't see any article saying this anywhere?

Are the Trophys the same?  are you now classed as champions for finishing Top...or winning the GF?

Forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge that i have missed

Where does it say that finishing top of the league this year gets you the most prize money?

It seems to be a very important change in emphasis that has hardly been shouted from the rooftops.....i can't see any article saying this anywhere?

Are the Trophys the same?  are you now classed as champions for finishing Top...or winning the GF?

Forgive my ignorance if this is common knowledge that i have missed

550k for finishing top and 500k for second.

I think the drop is down to about 200k for third.

If we are to compete next year with two coming down from super league we really need to finish top two.