Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTerminator

Keith Nutter gone?

34 posts in this topic

Are rumours that Keith has resigned from the BOD true? Keith has been a real stalwart of the club and is a true gent of the game. What's going on?

He is struggling with his back problem again. I was told today that he is waiting for another operation.

I hope you get it sorted, and get back to good health asap Keith.

Get well soon Keith.    Barrow RL without Keith Nutter is like coffee without sugar.  Haha.

Are rumours that Keith has resigned from the BOD true? Keith has been a real stalwart of the club and is a true gent of the game. What's going on?

Definitely resigned according to club web site.

I trust it was for health reasons and not a falling out,

It's a pity the club statement is so ambiguous. If it was on health grounds, perhaps that should have been stated as the reason?

Get well soon Keith

Whilst I appreciate everybody's concern I'd like to make it clear that I have NOT resigned for health reasons.

It is sufficient to say that  I have resigned as per the club's official statement.  I am not prepared to expand on that other than to say sometimes the time is right to move on.

I will continue to work for the club via the Development Fund and will also continue with my contributions to that fund, the build-a-win lottery and the new lottery.  Additionally I intend to continue buying an executive box each season for many years to come.

Cheers,

Keith

Well down to 4 active and 1 none active director and no apparent finance Director. I hope the remaining guys can share the work load.

I think what D11 was trying to say is "thanks for your time and effort Keith" and I would agree with him. Cheers Keith 

I think what D11 was trying to say is "thanks for your time and effort Keith" and I would agree with him. Cheers Keith 

Incorrect Paul, I know from being there who does what and how much effort is put in. My concerns on financial has always bothered people that don't understand fully what is required behind the scenes.

For the new Coach to get the guys he needs the club requires financial input. The years past has seen the likes of Pete Millican and Keith Holt knocking on business doors and sitting in offices until they get a result. I am not saying that Murph isn't doing a good job, the fact that the shirt sales are highest ever says it all but there is more empty spaces round the ground for business advertising than I have seen for many years and further more I haven't heard from other local businesses  or seen anyone knocking on the doors weekly/fortnightly promoting sales like Gold Membership, boxes, advertising etc:

I would like nothing more than Barrow to stay up this year but money will be tight for additional players.

This topic is titled Keith Nutter and not the finances of the club.

Thanks for everything Keith, I for one would like to see you back on the Board in the future.

Suppose I will have to buy my own raffle ticket now, but it is good to know I will still have to get the buttons on a match day.

See you at the Featherstone game, hopefully in the Boardroom as those stairs to your box are not good for my back. LOL

Incorrect Paul, I know from being there who does what and how much effort is put in. My concerns on financial has always bothered people that don't understand fully what is required behind the scenes.

For the new Coach to get the guys he needs the club requires financial input. The years past has seen the likes of Pete Millican and Keith Holt knocking on business doors and sitting in offices until they get a result. I am not saying that Murph isn't doing a good job, the fact that the shirt sales are highest ever says it all but there is more empty spaces round the ground for business advertising than I have seen for many years and further more I haven't heard from other local businesses  or seen anyone knocking on the doors weekly/fortnightly promoting sales like Gold Membership, boxes, advertising etc:

I would like nothing more than Barrow to stay up this year but money will be tight for additional players.

Just off topic Neil, but what do you sponsor down at the club?    Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of you this year so how do you know what boards are empty?

You always have to change topic to your own personal agenda (surprised you haven't questioned the appointment of Mr Goulding)... LET IT GO.

Don't be coming back telling me your worried about the club and how it won't survive because it's not following your business plan, who knows they might have a new one!!

The BoD are doing ok and I'm sure if they feel the pressure then they will ask for help. It's been along time since you were on the BoD, (oh no wait a minute) helping the Bod so I don't think you know as much as you think you do. 

Cheers Balla.

A bit more openness at the club wouldnt go amiss though would it ????

All kinds of rumours are circulating as to why Keith has stepped down and it needs nipping in the bud.

Thought the days of secrecy were behind us to be honest !!

Just off topic Neil, but what do you sponsor down at the club?    Come to think of it, I haven't seen much of you this year so how do you know what boards are empty?

You always have to change topic to your own personal agenda (surprised you haven't questioned the appointment of Mr Goulding)... LET IT GO.

Don't be coming back telling me your worried about the club and how it won't survive because it's not following your business plan, who knows they might have a new one!!

The BoD are doing ok and I'm sure if they feel the pressure then they will ask for help. It's been along time since you were on the BoD, (oh no wait a minute) helping the Bod so I don't think you know as much as you think you do. 

Cheers Balla.

get your head out of the sand Paul and stop twisting posts.  No one has been to me or people I know for sponsorship this year but as I have already stated we wont be sponsoring this year. I have every right as anyone else to ask what's going on as I have 1800 debentures.

All we need is Soss back to stand your corner D11 (nobody else does)

I don't mind a bit of banter and I will always take any flack if I am wrong :tongue:  trouble is some just don't like hearing anything close to the truth

All we need is Soss back to stand your corner D11 (nobody else does)

I don't comment on here any more because of people like you. Perhaps you should listen and say nothing rather than make juvenile remarks about me!!!!!

Hook line and..........................................Sinker, you just couldn't help yourself!!

Hook line and..........................................Sinker, you just couldn't help yourself!!

You couldn't help yourself either rooster, we don't hear from you for months then you come on spouting your usual drivel and b***s**t, you offer nothing constructive on this forum apart from constant digs at other members.

Back on topic, Id like to thank Keith for all his hard work he put in whilst on the Bod, especially the setting up of the development fund which helped many projects at Craven Park.

get your head out of the sand Paul and stop twisting posts.  No one has been to me or people I know for sponsorship this year but as I have already stated we wont be sponsoring this year. I have every right as anyone else to ask what's going on as I have 1800 debentures.

Neil, I haven't twisted any posts. I just see it as you just can't say anything positive and always revert back to questioning about finances or who does what and how are they paying that and my business plan blah blah blah, why cant you just trust what the Bod are doing at the club.

Every man and his dog has debentures, some a lot more than others but you don't hear them harping on, on threads that have no relevance to the situation. 

Maybe the commercial manager had over heard you saying that you weren't sponsoring this year and decided not to approach you, maybe they just didn't want your money, who knows?

So come on Neil lets give the BoD the backing they deserve, we have a young enthusiastic team with a new coach who is just oozing positivity and a drive I have never seen before, which will rub off on everyone at the club and if things don't look right and don't add up I'm sure you will not be the only one shouting from the roof tops.

Ps. I don't feel it was right for Soss to be mentioned as he hasn't said anything in a while.

Cheers Balla.