Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAIDERSRUS

New coach

74 posts in this topic

yes all over bae about the new coach, he has been mentioned on a few posts previously

who?

He showed up at the end of the game on Sunday.

I was one of the last to leave the ground and had a chat with him for a few minutes. Seemed like a decent bloke. Says he is prepared to ship out and get new in if its needed.

He will do a good job and is the chance he needs and will get performances out the players for sure

its in the mail sounds like he just threw his hat into the ring and they snapped his hand off ;)  good appointment or a panic move ???? :pickeat:

Confirmed now on the radio. Good appointment regardless if he was the only candidate.

Welcome to Barrow Bobbie. You've got a big job on your hands. I don't think the closing date for applications was until the 28th so I take it the club really wanted him.

its in the mail sounds like he just threw his hat into the ring and they snapped his hand off ;) good appointment or a panic move ???? :pickeat:

Not a chance, he WILL keep you in that league. Please quote me at end of season if he doesn't

Peter Roe and Deryck Fox were also in the running. Not sure why The Bobster was preferred to Peter, especially. One half decent season with Rochdale way back in 2005 and thats yer lot.

a bit odd i thought they would have left it till the closing date and  who knows who might have applied, and to be honest i dont think bobby would have a string of rugby league clubs knocking at his door

He is a good coach and he seems to have sorted his personal issues out, he should do a good job for you, he did well at Hornets

Why are we jumping on his back  already ? ok he hasn't had the best managerial career in rugby league but he was a cracking player with a wealth of experience , and I for 1 think he should be given a chance and hopefully he'll prove some doubters wrong and we'll be a bit more competitive than we are now . Good luck Bobby hoping you and the raiders have a fruitful partnership :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Good luck to Bobby welcome to Craven Park

Reading Bobbies Twitter page last night he has signed as a player/coach..... Thoughts?

Bobbie Goulding ‏@Goulding7

And to everyone out there I have signed a playing contract aswell player/coach . I never ever retired and I will finish on MY TERMS

Reading Bobbies Twitter page last night he has signed as a player/coach..... Thoughts?

Bobbie Goulding ‏@Goulding7

And to everyone out there I have signed a playing contract aswell player/coach . I never ever retired and I will finish on MY TERMS

Wow!

Just read that on Twitter myself, crikey wasn't expecting that! When was the last time he played? He says he was involved in training last night, if he is fit enough and still has the skills then why not?

Just read that on Twitter myself, crikey wasn't expecting that! When was the last time he played? He says he was involved in training last night, if he is fit enough and still has the skills then why not?

Why not???? He's FORTY TWO YEARS OLD and hasn't played at professional level for twelve years.

I welcome him as coach but player coach? Forget it. You can't turn back the clock.

If Bobbie feels has a point to prove, then fine. But it needs to be from the touchline not on the pitch.

Wasn't Steve Menzies nearly 40 when playing for Catalan last year at a much higher level, and still tearing it up? I'm not saying Goulding can still do it anymore but to say he can't because of his age is wrong sorry. I've just read he last played in 2005 at Rochdale which in my opinion is too long a time out, but what do I know?!