Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Bradford Bulls takeover complete

154 posts in this topic

There's a nasty rumour going around (started by me, here) that as a cost cutting measure by the new owner the half time entertainment's going to be Mick G singing selections from Gilbert and Sullivan :shout: 

There's a nasty rumour going around (started by me, here) that as a cost cutting measure by the new owner the half time entertainment's going to be Mick G singing selections from Gilbert and Sullivan :shout: 

We can't even afford songs by Chas and Dave.

When the foeman bares his steel.

Tarantara! Tarantara!

We uncomfortable feel.

Tarantara! 

I mentioned eatlier in this thread that I don't see why the RFL couldn't wait a day or two for proof of funds to be proven. Seems a very odd situation all round.

RFL certainly copping it from all angles at the moment.

I mentioned eatlier in this thread that I don't see why the RFL couldn't wait a day or two for proof of funds to be proven. Seems a very odd situation all round.

RFL certainly copping it from all angles at the moment.

The acquisition by the new owner seems like some kind of insider trading with him having information as a creditor at the same time he was preparing to buy the club. It begs the question was he involved in the unseemly haste for the proof of funds demands in order to get his own bid approved before such proof was offered which might have undercut his bid.

The other bidder from London should be immediately steered towards the Broncos or the Cougars so they can directly compete against the Bulls in their own backyard ( just kidding ).

The only case of someone putting a company into administration and buying it back I know of, involved the biggest crook going. I aren't saying this is the case here but it doesn't inspire confidence IMO.

League Express on Twitter just revealed that one of the parties involved in the Bradford Park Avenue consortium was a Bradford born Texas oil billionaire.

League Express on Twitter just revealed that one of the parties involved in the Bradford Park Avenue consortium was a Bradford born Texas oil billionaire.

Hmmmm, and yet he wasn't able to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company......

Hmmmm, and yet he wasn't able to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company......

Funny, tha'

I get the impression someone isn't too enamoured with the action and demands of the RFL

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/11104760.Lamb_issues_statement_on_failed_bid_to_buy_Bradford_Bulls/?ref=var_0

No doubt he will be back when they next go under.

:ph34r:

BullBuilder, the Bradford Bulls’ Supporters’ Trust has welcomed news that the club had emerged from administration, having been bought by Marc Green.

BullBuilder chairman Mike Farren said “We sincerely hope that this news brings a long period of uncertainty to a close. As fans we’ve been as frustrated as everyone else by the lack of information about the process and the time it has taken. It’s a relief to see that the ownership of the club is re-solved and we’d like to welcome Marc Green and Steve Ferres to their new roles.

“We welcome Marc’s recognition that supporters, stakeholders and staff should work together to restore former glory and we’re now ready to play our part in achieving that.”

Against a backdrop of uncertainty BullBuilder held its AGM on 12 March and have already appointed a new board. Mike Farren commented:

“We’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest from existing and new members in helping BullBuilder help the club. With the cooperation of the new owners we’d welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss ways we can work together.”

“There is a lot of enthusiasm and a real desire to meet the challenge. The club has lots of work to do to restore the club’s fortunes and attempt to retain Super League status but there is a willingness on BullBuilder’s part to help if the new owner is open to working with us.”

BullBuilder will shortly be getting in touch with all existing and lapsed members with more information.

Bulls fans wishing find out more can visit the BullBuilder website at http://www.bullbuilder.co.uk/or write to BullBuilder, Bradford Rugby League Supporters Society Ltd, Suite 2 Buttershaw Works, Buttershaw Lane, Bradford, BD6 2DD. email: info@bullbuilder.co.uk

No - he wasn't WILLING to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company...

For what it's worth it makes perfect sense to me that the business with the debenture gets to queue jump. What puzzles me is why they'd want to do so. I don't know what sort of creditor they were, but, while in many forms of commerce someone owed money can buy the business they often do so, so they can then on sell it. If they don't intend to do that then haven't they gone from being a trade creditor to someone whose heart and soul (and wallet) is behind the re birth of the Bulls? That seems really odd to me. I guess the true story will come out over time.

I wish the club and the fans well but this looks v dubious to me.

For what it's worth it makes perfect sense to me that the business with the debenture gets to queue jump. What puzzles me is why they'd want to do so. I don't know what sort of creditor they were, but, while in many forms of commerce someone owed money can buy the business they often do so, so they can then on sell it. If they don't intend to do that then haven't they gone from being a trade creditor to someone whose heart and soul (and wallet) is behind the re birth of the Bulls? That seems really odd to me. I guess the true story will come out over time.

I wish the club and the fans well but this looks v dubious to me.

The same person put the club into administration in the first place. 

I find that very strange.

No - he wasn't WILLING to outbid a bloke who runs a local security company...

Fair enough but the amount he'd need to have increased his bid by would have been pocket change to him. The term "backing their bid" can mean a few things. Was his backing in the form of promised cash investment ? Or was he backing it in the form of "good luck with your bid chaps, you have my backing" which is something entirely different !

The same person put the club into administration in the first place. 

I find that very strange.

He claims he was doing the club a favour (!) because we'd have been wound up by HMRC if he hadn't. I'd hope the truth will out, but I'm still waiting for the "truth" from three owners ago.

Will he be paying the other creditors? This was a stipulation wasn't it?

Will he be paying the other creditors? This was a stipulation wasn't it?

Has he announced if he's going to honour season tickets yet ?

Has he announced if he's going to honour season tickets yet ?

You've lost me.

Have any lessons been learnt from all this? Doesnt look like it with things still not clear and lots of mistrust involved. I hope the new people understand that the rebuilding of the Bulls has to be done properly and that may mean taking a´step or two backwards like being relegated and playing at a level they can afford for a while. I think they need to have a review first and sit down with Francis Cummins and plan a strategy for the future with life outside of SL and how they can slowly build the club both on and off the field. The club has many obstacles still to overcome and people need to understand the pain is not over and that just because the club has new owners, the same problems are still there. What is important is how it looks to overcome them

You've lost me.

As I understand it, he has not yet given a commitment to honour the current season tickets. If he decides not to then those people have lost their money and will have to pay on the gate like everyone else.