Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Bradford Bulls takeover complete

154 posts in this topic

Have we ever had any official comment from the RFL or SLE around the withheld TV money from the Bulls?

If this was an agreement with the RFL and the previous owner, why is this still a factor in any new ownership? What are the RFL trying to achieve with this? I was ok with it at first as it seemed to me that it was forcing a new owner to make a proper commitment to the club, but as things have moved on, it is clear that this is hampering the club.

Isn't it time to try and draw a line under it and stop financially hampering the club?

I don't think we'll ever get a proper answer to this - if there was any consistency in this, why haven't we had half taken away from us after this 2nd admin? I obviously don't want that, but was the original punishment something that was a precedent to be set to the future? I can pretty much guarantee that no other team will ever get their Sky money taken off them for going into admin again and I'm not saying this in a "woe is me" way, it's just the situation backfired big time that it ended up solving nothing really.

I don't think we'll ever get a proper answer to this - if there was any consistency in this, why haven't we had half taken away from us after this 2nd admin? I obviously don't want that, but was the original punishment something that was a precedent to be set to the future? I can pretty much guarantee that no other team will ever get their Sky money taken off them for going into admin again and I'm not saying this in a "woe is me" way, it's just the situation backfired big time that it ended up solving nothing really.

That it it ended up, "solving nothing" is probably the understatement of the year Amber. The truly amazing thing is that no-one in authority, apparently, could see the inevitable consequences of taking such a massive amount of money from a club in admin.  I think you're right in saying that we'll not see that particular sanction used again and, despite all the 'serves you right' stuff from some fans, both on here and eslwhere, I would truly hate any other club to go through what we've endured over the last couple of seasons.

That's a very good question.  I'm glad you asked that.

Because its one that various of us have been wondering about too!  If the player was effectively never TUPEd in the first place, by implication he won't have had an opportunity to decline the TUPE and thereby become a free agent?  And so therefore he broke his contract by walking out, and so significant compensation is due to OK Bulls ltd, for the benefit of the creditors...?  :rtfm:

Except, of course, what is done is done, and at the time he had been told he was being TUPEd.  So I doubt anyone would either get anywhere or get any redress by pursuing anything now?  It's all academic now anyway, so leave it and move on, I'd say?

Ctrl, Alt, Delete.... I think my brain just flatlined reading that.

That it it ended up, "solving nothing" is probably the understatement of the year Amber. The truly amazing thing is that no-one in authority, apparently, could see the inevitable consequences of taking such a massive amount of money from a club in admin.  I think you're right in saying that we'll not see that particular sanction used again and, despite all the 'serves you right' stuff from some fans, both on here and eslwhere, I would truly hate any other club to go through what we've endured over the last couple of seasons.

But if OK said that he was willing to cover it, you can see why the RFL thought it would be OK fine