Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TIM THE LION

Jordan Burke gone to Sheffield on loan

14 posts in this topic

Good luck Jordan, but how's that happened, was he not wanted by the Lions? I just don't get this DR stuff.

Mark Aston ...yet another to dispose of his moral dilemma as regards borrowing players as did Clive Griffiths.

Great player Jordan. Good luck to the lad.

I take it we dont get first refusal on Wire players before they go to other Champ clubs.  This situation is so contradictory.  Sheffields team really needs strengthening though. NOT

I don't understand this at all - unless he was struggling to get in the Swinton team and wanted regular games! :shout:  

How are Warrington benefitting from sending him to another Championship club? - Is it not better for him to be tested against Sheffield than for them?

Oh let me guess ..... having lots of overseas players around him and a "settled" side will prepare Jordan for super league.

Or like the players last year he just trains with them and doesn't really get a game.  Mark Aston - "Jordan certainly gives us more options in the backs" and "I might give him a chance this Sunday against Keighley.”

I just don't know (or even care that much).

DR is only in existence to suit the Sl teams as per normal the RL make up the rules to suit the chosen few and NOT for the good of the game as a whole.

Fair point Julian, if one we already know(which is not to say we cannot also benefit) but how does this benefit the super league club. Maybe a role against Keighley?

Do sheffield pay his wages? ..... Could be just cash.

I would like to wish Jordan all the best.  Can't understand why Sheffield as they are one of the teams who last season hated DR .

You are right duffymoon, its been announced he is on loan, Eagles do not do DR

Is that some kind of moral high ground you're trying to look down from?

On loan till Warrington want him back then. One month loan (excluding) challenge cup so not cup tied leaves at least a couple of games. And the difference with DR is who pays then?

Shaky high ground I'd say.

Dr argument is only when it suits and only for some teams.  Or in other words hypocrisy.