Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wakefield Ram

Dewsbury v Wigan

52 posts in this topic

keith you need to get your facts right if your going to try to prove a point

cameron played in the game gardner played in last season so wasn't dropped, calvert was unavailable due to a christening and flemming was injured!!!!!!!!!

and crellin is not a prop so how is hand(who is 21 ) taking his place, when crellin a LF has been playing??

i tell you what i wont do if the club drafted in 5 saints players....defend them like i have said when gadner was brought in it wrong  and jus cause its my team doing it does not make it right

Okay here's a fact Makinson played at Hunslet when Fleming was left out. Walker played when Seb Martins was left out not injured just not fit enough according to the coach.

How is Jordan James taking the place of young Duerden at Town if that's your argument because Duerden isn't a prop, neither is Lucock?

We are not defending Town for bringing in 5 players when we are short staffed but for 2 seasons the lack of using DR has cost us dearly when we run out of players.

Without these Wigan lads town would have only 16 players fit!

Jack Hughes and Gill Dudson play nearly every week for wigan and are experienced first teamers.

They was involved in wigan's grand final last year to so are bound to make a difference.

Jordan James was always a regular at salford last season to think your meaning more then 150 plus super leagues between them.

We have used no dual reg this season and we only had maybe two last year 5 at one time is a farce.

Players in your team will be getting unsettled. we had it last season when one of our own players was dropped on the day due to been micheal platt being played and walked out on the club due to this and he was a good player to.

This will be no good to your club in the long run you'll lose your younger players cause of this.

Okay here's a fact Makinson played at Hunslet when Fleming was left out. Walker played when Seb Martins was left out not injured just not fit enough according to the coach.

How is Jordan James taking the place of young Duerden at Town if that's your argument because Duerden isn't a prop, neither is Lucock?

We are not defending Town for bringing in 5 players when we are short staffed but for 2 seasons the lack of using DR has cost us dearly when we run out of players.

Where did say he was taking the place of durden or lucock,but using your reasoning as mcgoof and rowly are both props then  think  James and dudson must be taking there place.Keith is it true rowly,hanney,durden all want released .Use who ever you want but the hypocrisy is laughable just like last season when you all defend carter being dropped for briscoe 

Correction - no club "has to live with it" nor "use it to their advantage". That is an issue of choice; Sheffield have coped without for example.

Not the best example BSJ - eagles don't need to rely on a SL fairy godmother to bail them out because they have a "special relationship" with a local college, that allows them to call on the services of quality SH players - a luxury not afforded to the rest of us. No better, or worse than manipulating the DR system IMO. Don't know why there is such an outcry about clubs milking the DR system though. As a club, we made the mistake of tying ourselves to the coat tails of the second most unstable and ill equipped  club in SL, who TBH just haven't anybody to lend us. Do we really believe though, that if GM were offered the loan services of four or five quality SL players he wouldn't take them ? You bet your life he would - it's his job to do his best for the club. This is a critical season, every coaches job is on the line, not to mention the possible futures of their clubs,  and all of them will do what it takes to survive by fair means or foul. Workington got lucky with their partner club, and we didn't - we have to live with that, and hope that what we have is good enough.

looks like you will be playing wigan 2 weeks on the trott, 5 wigan players in the jameaters team for tomorrow :tongue:

Oh my sides are splitting what a funny man you are, you should be on a stage, sweeping it obviously.  

See you don't go on the Town forum anymore after you showed yourself

over the players on the bus argument.  Strange that...

Not the best example BSJ - eagles don't need to rely on a SL fairy godmother to bail them out because they have a "special relationship" with a local college, that allows them to call on the services of quality SH players - a luxury not afforded to the rest of us. No better, or worse than manipulating the DR system IMO. Don't know why there is such an outcry about clubs milking the DR system though. As a club, we made the mistake of tying ourselves to the coat tails of the second most unstable and ill equipped  club in SL, who TBH just haven't anybody to lend us. Do we really believe though, that if GM were offered the loan services of four or five quality SL players he wouldn't take them ? You bet your life he would - it's his job to do his best for the club. This is a critical season, every coaches job is on the line, not to mention the possible futures of their clubs,  and all of them will do what it takes to survive by fair means or foul. Workington got lucky with their partner club, and we didn't - we have to live with that, and hope that what we have is good enough.

A perfectly good example actually GOR. Sheffield are their own masters; those who are reliant upon DR aren't. The simple implication of your stance, and apparently many others, is that we should just by totally pragmatic and accept whatever is thrown at us. I for one am perfectly happy that we aren't using any DR players so far this season, and hope that this continues. Coaches come and coaches go, and their personal motivations are very different from those of the supporters.

In my opinion Championship clubs will ultimately lose further support were the system to spread to the creation of "SL junior clubs". You may be happy to support the shirt no matter who wears it - I certainly wouldn't.

keith " shoe horning  wigan players into positions where we dont need cover is killing us " quote form a jam fan.....does this not back up what i said ...... :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :sleep:  #jampiesbeatagain

Haven4ever, today was Vievers fourth game in charge and he has seen all our players play other than the long term injured so let's see what he does in future games. I mean look at your own coach Dave Woods, how many games has he had at Haven, 30 odd(?) and he still can't get it right. And incidentally, Hand played some games in the second row when Crellin didn't get to play, bot back row forwards then!!!! #obsessedwithtown

Haven4ever, today was Vievers fourth game in charge and he has seen all our players play other than the long term injured so let's see what he does in future games. I mean look at your own coach Dave Woods, how many games has he had at Haven, 30 odd(?) and he still can't get it right. And incidentally, Hand played some games in the second row when Crellin didn't get to play, bot back row forwards then!!!! #obsessedwithtown

clutching at straws there keith , hand has only ever played prop...why were mcgoof , rowly,2 props  not playing today you fail to answer that question. 5 pieseaters and still tonked...not looking good keith 

clutching at straws there keith , hand has only ever played prop...why were mcgoof , rowly,2 props  not playing today you fail to answer that question. 5 pieseaters and still tonked...not looking good keith

I don't think McGoff has been at training and Rowlandson isn't up to Championship standard. Isn't that why Haven didn't want him?

I notice you also never commented on my point about Makinson and Walker. I see it took you all of 13 minutes to re-post wonky's post on the Haven forum. And you say you are not obsessed with Town. Even your own fans are starting to agree with that!!

oh dear keith you know you have lost the debate when you move off the subject and start talking about me 

cant they banned me off for telling the truth  ;) .. good win for you today against the jampies

Jack Hughes got an hat trick for engkand knights v Samoa... Ps. Hope the lad who went to pinderfields is ok by the way, any news???

Now can we have our forum back?

:tongue:

A perfectly good example actually GOR. Sheffield are their own masters; those who are reliant upon DR aren't. The simple implication of your stance, and apparently many others, is that we should just by totally pragmatic and accept whatever is thrown at us. I for one am perfectly happy that we aren't using any DR players so far this season, and hope that this continues. Coaches come and coaches go, and their personal motivations are very different from those of the supporters.

In my opinion Championship clubs will ultimately lose further support were the system to spread to the creation of "SL junior clubs". You may be happy to support the shirt no matter who wears it - I certainly wouldn't.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sheffield BSJ - reliant on the council to sort out their ground problems, reliant on their cosy little arrangement with the college for some of their better players (how long before the government jobsworths step in), and reliant on a few very good sponsors - and we all know how fickle they can be. Just saying, they are not the best example of self reliance, but good luck to them anyway. My stance on DR is much the same as yours BSJ - I'm agin it, but maybe if it had actually worked for us I might have been more receptive. Point is though, none of the clubs who rely heavily on DR are breaking any rules, and I can't see the point in banging on about it until they do. Some posters are taking the moral high ground simply because our squad is large (or unwieldy) enough not to require them, but I'd pose the question,  why did we feel the need to field a loanee on sunday, who sustained severe mouth injuries the previous week, and should in all honesty not have been deemed fit to play by coaching staff, medical staff or indeed his parent club ? I'd say that the club had a duty of care to young Lucas, but chose to ignore it either because he is so highly rated, or because the players who could have replaced him aren't considered fit for purpose - seemed an odd decision to me. Just one question for you BSJ - you don't agree with DR, but where do you stand on loan signings ?

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sheffield BSJ - reliant on the council to sort out their ground problems, reliant on their cosy little arrangement with the college for some of their better players (how long before the government jobsworths step in), and reliant on a few very good sponsors - and we all know how fickle they can be. Just saying, they are not the best example of self reliance, but good luck to them anyway. My stance on DR is much the same as yours BSJ - I'm agin it, but maybe if it had actually worked for us I might have been more receptive. Point is though, none of the clubs who rely heavily on DR are breaking any rules, and I can't see the point in banging on about it until they do. Some posters are taking the moral high ground simply because our squad is large (or unwieldy) enough not to require them, but I'd pose the question, why did we feel the need to field a loanee on sunday, who sustained severe mouth injuries the previous week, and should in all honesty not have been deemed fit to play by coaching staff, medical staff or indeed his parent club ? I'd say that the club had a duty of care to young Lucas, but chose to ignore it either because he is so highly rated, or because the players who could have replaced him aren't considered fit for purpose - seemed an odd decision to me. Just one question for you BSJ - you don't agree with DR, but where do you stand on loan signings ?

I don't agree with D/R. Look at Hunslet and Workington yesterday and how many have Batley used over recent weeks. In regards to loaning players I think they should only be used to cover injuries.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Sheffield BSJ - reliant on the council to sort out their ground problems, reliant on their cosy little arrangement with the college for some of their better players (how long before the government jobsworths step in), and reliant on a few very good sponsors - and we all know how fickle they can be. Just saying, they are not the best example of self reliance, but good luck to them anyway. My stance on DR is much the same as yours BSJ - I'm agin it, but maybe if it had actually worked for us I might have been more receptive. Point is though, none of the clubs who rely heavily on DR are breaking any rules, and I can't see the point in banging on about it until they do. Some posters are taking the moral high ground simply because our squad is large (or unwieldy) enough not to require them, but I'd pose the question, why did we feel the need to field a loanee on sunday, who sustained severe mouth injuries the previous week, and should in all honesty not have been deemed fit to play by coaching staff, medical staff or indeed his parent club ? I'd say that the club had a duty of care to young Lucas, but chose to ignore it either because he is so highly rated, or because the players who could have replaced him aren't considered fit for purpose - seemed an odd decision to me. Just one question for you BSJ - you don't agree with DR, but where do you stand on loan signings ?

I'm fine with loans GOR as in my view the two are quite different in reality. The key thing that I am against is the potential for the control of a Championship club by a SL one. In my distinctly parochial view this would signal the end of my relationship with my club if this were ever to happen.

On the specifics I was also surprised to see Walshaw play yesterday but he had returned to Wakefield for assessment after his injury. To say that Dewsbury were in dereliction of their duty of care in this case is either simply ignorant of the facts or disingenuous. Only you know which.

If you're not careful I'll come and sit next to you in future.

I'm fine with loans GOR as in my view the two are quite different in reality. The key thing that I am against is the potential for the control of a Championship club by a SL one. In my distinctly parochial view this would signal the end of my relationship with my club if this were ever to happen.

On the specifics I was also surprised to see Walshaw play yesterday but he had returned to Wakefield for assessment after his injury. To say that Dewsbury were in dereliction of their duty of care in this case is either simply ignorant of the facts or disingenuous. Only you know which.

If you're not careful I'll come and sit next to you in future.

the truth is BSJ, I don't have all the facts, only those put out in the public domain, which as I understood it suggested Lucas had a mouth injury bad enough to require the reattachment of part of his tongue - if those facts were exaggerated then I apologise for any criticism of the club. If those facts are accurate, then given the RFL's stance on head injuries (of which the mouth is an integral part if my memory serves correct), then playing him might not have been the wisest decision or in the players best interests. I'm sure that the club would have made the decision to play him based on medical advice given, so I'm not suggesting any impropriety in that respect, but whether it was a sensible idea is another matter, given that he is hardly a vital cog in the wheel, and could easily have been replaced. Brave lad for wanting to be involved, but he looked (understandably) apprehensive when he got the ball, and didn't seem to be involved in the interchanges. Didn't mean to be disingenuous in any way BSJ, and ignorant of the facts, well possibly - I do know from personal experience though, that injuries like that don't get better in a week. 

the truth is BSJ, I don't have all the facts, only those put out in the public domain, which as I understood it suggested Lucas had a mouth injury bad enough to require the reattachment of part of his tongue - if those facts were exaggerated then I apologise for any criticism of the club. If those facts are accurate, then given the RFL's stance on head injuries (of which the mouth is an integral part if my memory serves correct), then playing him might not have been the wisest decision or in the players best interests. I'm sure that the club would have made the decision to play him based on medical advice given, so I'm not suggesting any impropriety in that respect, but whether it was a sensible idea is another matter, given that he is hardly a vital cog in the wheel, and could easily have been replaced. Brave lad for wanting to be involved, but he looked (understandably) apprehensive when he got the ball, and didn't seem to be involved in the interchanges. Didn't mean to be disingenuous in any way BSJ, and ignorant of the facts, well possibly - I do know from personal experience though, that injuries like that don't get better in a week. 

Eddie Rombo - thanks for the pm - seems young Lucas is too brave for his own good.

Eddie Rombo - thanks for the pm - seems young Lucas is too brave for his own good.

I thought he took the ball up well yesterday and I hope we can extend his loan from Wakefield.