Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JM2010

Who should be fullback for England?

61 posts in this topic

Lomax plays at full back in defence because he has Wellens organising him to organise the team. In attack he was playing as a half back. Hardaker is an out and out full back, playing against Saints the Saints defence was the winner not Saints attacking acumen. wellens plays where he wants and everyone falls into line behind him. He would be a bigger loss to that side than Walsh. Leeds should have won that match on yardage and completed sets alone. Wellens stepped up and played daddy to the kids at Saints, the way Cunningham would in the past.

We only have two natural structured world class full backs and that's Tomkins and Hardaker. The rest are playing catch up. In the past I would have considered Lomax next to Widdop in the halves for England but with that prat of a coaches ideas at Saints Lomax will no doubt become either a hooker or a make shift prop !!!!!!

Lomax as a half back is so obvious its unreal. His skills are enormous and his organisation skills are there for all to see. Not a full back, possible future England captain, with Widdop a great organiser also possibly future England captain. Interesting times!

Lomax plays at full back in defence because he has Wellens organising him to organise the team. In attack he was playing as a half back.

That is because we were missing Luke Walsh.

Lomax plays at full back in defence because he has Wellens organising him to organise the team. In attack he was playing as a half back. Hardaker is an out and out full back, playing against Saints the Saints defence was the winner not Saints attacking acumen. wellens plays where he wants and everyone falls into line behind him. He would be a bigger loss to that side than Walsh. Leeds should have won that match on yardage and completed sets alone. Wellens stepped up and played daddy to the kids at Saints, the way Cunningham would in the past.

Wellens is essentially a utility player that fills in where needed. His primary position at Saints this season is the bench. Lomax has played 3rd receiver in attack all season as well. He only changed against Leeds due to the lack of any scrum half. The idea that Wellens would be a bigger loss than Walsh is ridiculous..

We only have two natural structured world class full backs and that's Tomkins and Hardaker. The rest are playing catch up. In the past I would have considered Lomax next to Widdop in the halves for England but with that prat of a coaches ideas at Saints Lomax will no doubt become either a hooker or a make shift prop !!!!!!

Lomax isn't a half in the memory of man as his two year stint there proved when he did little more than play inside balls and drop offs. He's the best full back in this country because of his ability both as a runner and as a passer. Hardaker isn't. He has one threat and that's running. Saints killed that by nailing him early. Consequently, he'd have been as useful on the bench. Saints targeted Leeds' back three, it was clear and a huge part of their threat was nullified off the back of it.

Lomax as a half back is so obvious its unreal. His skills are enormous and his organisation skills are there for all to see. Not a full back, possible future England captain, with Widdop a great organiser also possibly future England captain. Interesting times!

Lomax is a full back. That's so obvious it's unreal. His 'obvious' half back ability has already been demonstrated when he couldn't play it. He has no long kicking game for a start, hence why he's never a kicking option for Saints.. His organisational abilities have come on immensely though.

We could do a lot worse than consider Sam in the halves with Widdop, and Hardaker (or whoever) at 1.

I'd play Lomax in the halves with Widdop and Sam at fullback, either way it would gives us room for switching players about and keeping the opposition guessing

Wellens is essentially a utility player that fills in where needed. His primary position at Saints this season is the bench. Lomax has played 3rd receiver in attack all season as well. He only changed against Leeds due to the lack of any scrum half. The idea that Wellens would be a bigger loss than Walsh is ridiculous..

Lomax isn't a half in the memory of man as his two year stint there proved when he did little more than play inside balls and drop offs. He's the best full back in this country because of his ability both as a runner and as a passer. Hardaker isn't. He has one threat and that's running. Saints killed that by nailing him early. Consequently, he'd have been as useful on the bench. Saints targeted Leeds' back three, it was clear and a huge part of their threat was nullified off the back of it.

Lomax is a full back. That's so obvious it's unreal. His 'obvious' half back ability has already been demonstrated when he couldn't play it. He has no long kicking game for a start, hence why he's never a kicking option for Saints.. His organisational abilities have come on immensely though.

Spot on.

We only have two natural structured world class full backs and that's Tomkins and Hardaker.

I'll give you Tomkins as world class but mentioning Hardaker and World class in the same sentence is just silly Willy

I'll give you Tomkins as world class but mentioning Hardaker and World class in the same sentence is just silly Willy

World class is a big claim to make about any player.I would have Tomkins as first selection fullback and he certainly looks World class.I am interested to see how a full NRL season looks on him

Richie Mathers.

Leeds had the best out of Mathers before his unfortunate injuries

Can I just say (whilst you're all only looking at the two "big clubs"), Jamie Shaul is still in outstanding form and reminds me a lot of the Tomkins "X-Factor" kind of player. Makes breaks from nowhere!

Gets better every week this kid. Reckon he could be there one year.

Richie Mathers is extremely unlikely to play for England again but, in the games I've seen, he's played the best fullback performance against us this season.