Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Attendance at Hull FC v Salford last night.

65 posts in this topic

There isn't a tv game on thurs this week.

Why would playing hudd next thursday count, hudd are playing on Sunday so they have a short turnround.

Thursday is surely an insult to the fans when not on tv.

My guess is that Hull City are at home on Saturday

You are right. Hudgells put together a package at KR that Hull cannot match.....they must be running scared, trying anything to be different.

And no doubt you will blame Travis next!

Seems strange that Hull should be allowed to schedule this fixture for their own convenience and without the agreement of Salford. Marwan was well vexed about it. I thought cup match scheduling involved some form of negotiation between the two clubs, but it appears not.

On the day the CC draw was made it was stated that the games would be played on the weekend of the 4th,5th and 6th April.

This proves it to be clearly untrue.

Something is undervalued - either the competition,or the supporters;or both.

I think unfortunately Thursday is seen as a matchday nowadays. I enjoy watching games on Sky on Thursday, but I do think it is too problematic for schedulers and we should stick to Fri/Sat/Sun unless dictated to by Sky.

Hull City are playing Saturday so that rules out that and Friday night.

Not sure why Sunday wasn't used though

I was told last week that Hull can and do play Friday games at home b4 The Tigers play on the Saturday.

The RFL stated w/e of 4-6th April so why have Hull been allowed to play Thursday. The gate will be low so not in interest of the fans....who is the game for?

I was told last week that Hull can and do play Friday games at home b4 The Tigers play on the Saturday.

The RFL stated w/e of 4-6th April so why have Hull been allowed to play Thursday. The gate will be low so not in interest of the fans....who is the game for?

It's happened during the current Premier League season, Hull v Catalan on Friday 13th September 2013 followed by Hull City v Cardiff City on Saturday 14th.

I understand that the majority of Salford fans travelling over tonight are schoolkids and, as you know, Thursday's child has far to go.....

Nice one OF but be advised don't go "tonight".

Wellsy....Because nobody knows why hasnt somebody asked the club, seems like something the fans should be told.

Boycott the game tomorrow!

Is it me or are you all missing the point!

Hull Play their next 3 games on a Thursday so surely it's been done to give the team the maximum amount of recovery time (sorry to state the bleedin obvious!)

B)

Roy Boy.....you cannot be srious, can you.

The Challenge Cup press release stated ties to be played 5th-7th April, hardly necessary as Cup games are always at the weekend, other than replays in the good old days.

Thursday night games in RL have only been scheduled by exception on a Thursday night for the benefit of TV coverage. It is a well established fact that fans do not like having home or especially away games on a Thursday.

Is this game being played for the entertainment of the fans or for the benefit of a Hull team that you suggest NEED a 7 day turnround. Even though their next opponents have been forced into a 4 day turnround through TV demands.

Let this go without comment and it will become a common option. What chance do away fans have getting to a match 70 miles away on a weekday night. And there are enough Hull fans who struggle to make it for a Friday never mind Thursday. No wonder the Cup is struggling to get supporters out.

The bleeding obvious is that some clubs care FA for their fans.

For me, the question that arises from this is why is the home team in a cup match allowed to dictate not only where the game should be played, but when too? Is home advantage not enough? Suppose, for the sake of argument, Hull's previous SL match had been on the Thursday and Salford's on the Sunday. Could Hull, as the home club, decide the cup game should be played the following Thursday, giving them three days more recovery time than Salford? Sounds a bit unfair to me.

Let this go without comment and it will become a common option.

Have you commented to anyone that actually has anything to do with the decision?

Hull FC wanted to play the game Friday but as it wasn't a prearranged fixture the SMC (Hull Tigers) had the right to turn rhis down. This left Thursday or Sunday so Hull chose Thursday because of the longer break for the players.

Time to get your own stadium perhaps. Plan for the future, as tenants to a hostile Premier League team you need to get off your knees.

If it is ok to play prearranged games on a Friday why are the SMC objecting to this low key game.

Where do the club stand if they scrape into the play offs?

While I do think Thursday is a bad choice, it is now a fairly regular day for fixtures so I think we will just have to grin and bear it.

It does mean that the crowd will be low and that will start a flurry of comments about low crowds for the CC, Salford and/or Hull FC. I can live with that.

To my FC supporting mates, I wish I could be there, but it is just a bit too far (OF) on a weekday night. The mighty Red Devils will still win, even without my support. ;)

I beg to differ!

Thursday is not now a fairly regular day for fixtures, it is an invention for tv but at least then fans of either side can watch it at home.

If we just bear and grin it this could become the thin end of the wedge....the Hull FC management should betold how we feel and more importantly the RFL should grow a pair and stop this gerrymandering!

Just hope Salford win and Huddersfield overcome their tiredness and do the business next Thursday. Then Hull will not have any further chances to abuse the fans of the game this season.

What thinks you OF, Ullman, Wellsy?

Just out of curiosity, stevereed100, who do you support?

The case for the prosecution rests!  :rtfm:

Rervers.

You got there b4 me!

I am still upset about the principles involved but admit to the fact that I can have a go at RFL management and Hull FC management....not their fans...and have a dig about their lack of a ground....should never have been allowed into Superleague under franchising!....should be a requirement to control usage of your pitch...

As an ex Hull FC first team player I believe I am free of bias .....somebody has to campaign for the supporters of the game, after all that is why matches are played.

Duck!