Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Attendance at Hull FC v Salford last night.

65 posts in this topic

As an ex Hull FC first team player I believe I am free of bias

I believe you are on drugs.

Duck!

Yer quackers!  ;)

I beg to differ!

Thursday is not now a fairly regular day for fixtures, it is an invention for tv but at least then fans of either side can watch it at home.

If we just bear and grin it this could become the thin end of the wedge....the Hull FC management should betold how we feel and more importantly the RFL should grow a pair and stop this gerrymandering!

Just hope Salford win and Huddersfield overcome their tiredness and do the business next Thursday. Then Hull will not have any further chances to abuse the fans of the game this season.

What thinks you OF, Ullman, Wellsy?

Since you ask, I love the Thursday night games, whether live or on TV. I don't work Fridays.

Nice one OF but be advised don't go "tonight".

Wellsy....Because nobody knows why hasnt somebody asked the club, seems like something the fans should be told.

Boycott the game tomorrow!

Why should I boycott the game because you have a problem with it being on a Thursday?

I live a 5 minute walk from the stadium. I'm also busy all weekend. Thursday allows me to get to the game, so quite frankly I'm pretty chuffed it's on Thursday!

You got there b4 me!

I am still upset about the principles involved but admit to the fact that I can have a go at RFL management and Hull FC management....not their fans...and have a dig about their lack of a ground...should never have been allowed into Superleague under franchising!....should be a requirement to control usage of your pitch...

As an ex Hull FC first team player I believe I am free of bias .....somebody has to campaign for the supporters of the game, after all that is why matches are played.

Duck!

We have a ground. It is one of the best in the league.

You're basically saying that the league should throw out Wigan, Huddersfield, London and Hull? I wonder why...

If you want to campaign for the supporters, go ahead. What are you waiting for?

For me, the question that arises from this is why is the home team in a cup match allowed to dictate not only where the game should be played, but when too? Is home advantage not enough? Suppose, for the sake of argument, Hull's previous SL match had been on the Thursday and Salford's on the Sunday. Could Hull, as the home club, decide the cup game should be played the following Thursday, giving them three days more recovery time than Salford? Sounds a bit unfair to me.

Steve deep breath and let it go ..... Ahhh now that feels a lot better doesn't it.

I wish I could be there, but it is just a bit too far (OF) on a weekday night.  ;)

Not having a go a you personally here Tony just the common held thought that it too far to travel midweek..........this in part keeps our sport Regionalized........its only 70 or 80 miles isn't it? 

How can the game grow into newer markets when small distances are a problem for thousands of followers?

I'd be careful when mentioning Tony's name in the same breath as fans not willing to travel distances, although I think his dashes from Greece for a RL fix may number fewer now than in recent times.

I'd be careful when mentioning Tony's name in the same breath as fans not willing to travel distances, although I think his dashes from Greece for a RL fix may number fewer now than in recent times.

They certainly are, mate!

The ironic thing about this fixture is that it's actually closer to where I now live than a home fixture is. Checking with the AA journey planner confirms what I thought - it's almost 2 hours for me to get there and two hours back. I'd do it no problem on a Friday (as I have done to Barton this season), but I no longer feel up to getting home at midnight before chilling out with a beer or a scotch ahead of getting up at 6:30am and driving 20 miles to work. I admire those fans who do make such journeys (and there are a lot of them, just not many from Salford :sleep: ), but I no longer feel up to it. I just wish I did. By the way, NEXT Thursday would be no problem, as there is no school on the Friday.

No skool on the Friday? You 6th formers have it too easy!!!

Don't know who this Steve guy is but he seems to have a serious chip about something or other. If its a choice between a tenancy at proper ground or owing a semi derelict ground that is nearer Germany than England, then its no contest.

Don't know who this Steve guy is but he seems to have a serious chip about something or other. If its a choice between a tenancy at proper ground or owing a semi derelict ground that is nearer Germany than England, then its no contest.

We don't need no educashun!  ;)

The ironic thing is that Rovers don't own their ground either.

May not own it but free to play whenever they choose and to take all the revenue raised.

Still if you are happy to be there, keep on being pushed around.

Must have rattled a bit with 4/5ths of the ground empty but perhaps more will come next Thursday.