Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkeydo

So PV's had a few games to see the personnel.......

294 posts in this topic

beating the Raiders doesn't mean they will do any better than they were ...... we were shocking

No way morty, they were outstanding they said, not one player had a bad day, they have finally clicked and the good times are here. 

If you take the old top 5 , who have the numbers , quality , know how and experience over the long haul to make the grade in the end , that leaves four spots . Dewsbury , Donny and Keighley look much improved and good for three of them at present . That's just a broad prediction , but a pretty realistic scenario as we stand . That leaves a hell of a dogfight for one place . And one of the rest is Crusaders , the great unknown over a championship season but full of potential . So it's tough for all three of us . It's such an eye watering threshold , the standard of improvement and performance from here to seasons end is so demanding. And for us , the ground we've lost so far gives us very little margin for error , with testing games to come making that margin a tough one to adhere to . Broad brush I know but it paints a general picture of a hard job - yes , nothing's impossible , but we need a big boost from somewhere and to start picking up our game an awful lot , and consistently. Can we see improvement ahead is one thing .... Then , can we see it to the extent to gain the momentum to make the cut ? We'll see , but it's a hell of an oil tanker to turn around from here

Geordie can't of been at the game because all your fans we're

ok and he's obviously not

I thought your second row Phillips had a decent 2nd half but you obviously lacked Stack and Mattinson and it showed.Think Carter is wasted on the wing, expected more from Lupton and Forber who rarely created anything in a dreadful 1st half for you.Improved after the break though and we were on the ropes for a few mins at 19-10, good luck for the rest of the season, always have a soft spot for Worky.

Geordie can't of been at the game because all your fans we're

ok and he's obviously not

you can tell he wasn't there as he's never commented on the game. But he's towns number 1 fan you know.

Better now to look forward than to look back. Thank goodness yesterday was the Cup rather than the League, I wonder if there is a third March brother who is available and needs a game!

Read the News and Star

WORKINGTON TOWN COACH IN HUNT FOR 'MIDFIELD GENERAL'

There's an update on our injured players in the League Weekly this morning.

Stack and McAvoy are hoping to be fit to face Sheffield this week. (No mention of Olstrum)

Matty is about two weeks away from a return following an ankle injury.

Miller will be about another month with a back problem.

Callum is looking at 3 to 6 weeks after turning his ankle in training.

Meanwhile in the Dave "Nosey" Parker column in the same paper, he is saying that since Harris has gone to be Salford Head Coach, Vievers name has come to the fore for Wane's assistant job. He says the two worked together with Wigan's successful Under 20's taking them to 2 Grand Finals and insiders at Wigan say the fans would love to see them teamed up again.

Yes he knows immediately we need one .... But we've needed one since September ( at least ) .It's doubly difficult finding one at this stage . It suddenly hasn't become an issue now , it's been staring us in the face for 6 months . I wish this bloke well , he knows the score and has us sussed , and he's finding out what a big job it is . There aren't many experienced playmakers waiting to be picked up as they're so valued . Hope his contact book finds us something .

Read the News and Star

WORKINGTON TOWN COACH IN HUNT FOR 'MIDFIELD GENERAL'

About bloody time I would say.

It's hard to think which name halves are around and not playing or on the fringes of playing . Experienced means well known I guess - any suggestions ???

It's hard to think which name halves are around and not playing or on the fringes of playing . Experienced means well known I guess - any suggestions ???

I've heard an ex-Cas name mentioned but he lives in Yorkshire.

I've heard that off a few folk too

ive heard that but I'm pretty sure he flies back home to oz soon. And to be honest he was a way better full back than half back

Yes that's the word wonky . In , quote ' party mood ' and flying home

Yes that's the word wonky . In , quote ' party mood ' and flying home

i honestly don't see him improving us anyhow. We need a kicking game.

According to the League Weekly he is looking for more than just a leader. His quote, "I need to add some numbers and am actively searching. We really need some competition in the backs. We need to find some more bodies but it's a tough market".

We have our coach making very valid points about an experienced midfield general ... But our DR link , we're we are getting our players from it seems , have two young lads to offer ??? So what do we do then ? Obviously Veivers is looking outside DR , as we're not getting Matty Smith . Interesting . Have we got the finances to bring someone in if we find them ?