Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkeydo

So PV's had a few games to see the personnel.......

DavidM    1,320

Gee whizz , I'd say . If they can get the player he was and has the capacity to be . It's a punt as , as we know , he has his demons and lots of baggage ,but one you'd take at this level. On a personal level I wish him well .

Supporter    40

Am I right in assuming that we have seventeen players available for selection for Sunday plus Murphy and possibly Lever from Wigan? I do notice that Lever is back playing for the U 19 team who have a game on Sunday at the same time as us.

1 - Brett Carter

2 - Elliott Miller unavailable injury

3 - Jason Mossop

4 - Andy Morris

5 - Lee Haney unavailable work commitments

6 - Peter Lupton

7 - Callum Phillips

8 - Kris Coward

9 - Graeme Mattinson

10 - Marc Shackley

11 - Brett Phillips

12 - Jarrad Stack; Hamstring injury at Dewsbury

13 - Karl Olstrum

14 - Kayle Connor

15 - Daniel Rooney

16 - Carl Forber

17 - Liam McAvoy; neck injury at Dewsbury

18 - James Duerden

19 - Nathan Lucock

20 - Callum Rowlandson

21 - Ruari McGoff

22 - Jack Gaskell unavailable injury

scott    87

Twisted ankle at training and X-rays i was told by someone at training .

Well that's just great!

Keith T    361

Callum is ok but no Matty.

Get him down to Barrow in that hyperbaric (is that correct?) chamber? That speeds up recovery from these sort of injuries.

Cato89    64

We said ALL pre-season our squad was too small!! We will be Championship 1 next year. Well done Town , smart!! DR set up is an absolute load if s**t, to be having 5 players every week who dont give a f*** about Town is a joke! We all shouted for 2/3 forwards a centre and a half back.... We got nothing! Why didnt or why dont the club just come out and say we are skint and cant afford it?? Instead ,we had Charlo in the paper saying " we will have 3/4 players in by next week"

I will be at Derwent Park every game this season including a few away games cheering and willing the lads on, I love the club!!! but im losing interest!

Keith T    361

I think it's unfortunate that we lost the spine of the team to injuries and suspension. With a small squad and then to lose Miller, Carter, Mattinson, Olstrum, and now Stack was always going to be a problem for us and it would have been if we had a larger squad. The DR's should be giving a f*** about Town because the DVD is sent back to Wigan for their coaching staff to view, so if they want to get higher up the pecking order at Wigan they should be performing with us. Quite a number of fans don't like the DR system, including myself, but we are stuck with it and we have to make it work this year particularly.

DavidM    1,320

Aye we have to go all in now , that's such a central part of the structure , and hope for the best . We are where we are , we can ask the questions we have articulated here many times and have the inquest at the end of the season if it goes belly up ... I'm sure we'd all be interested in the answers . We have DR and a blooming good link up . Our season comes down to how it works out .

GeordieTownie    172

Agreed. We've all asked for it and now we've got it. So it's just a matter of hoping it works. Whoever we had in our squad, if we didn't have a DR partner and went on a losing streak everyone would say it was because we didn't have DR.

And if you're DR with Wigan what's the point in having a big squad because there's either be more disappointed players or we wouldn't need the DR.

We can't have it both ways.

DavidM    1,320

Hoping's right . All the comments and questions on this are valid ... We'll see . DR or not , it's a massive ask I reckon . But this year , this gives us our best , maybe only , chance . This is what we've put all our chips on . Fingers crossed . Come September they maybe a reckoning .

DavidM    1,320

Well the process may begin ... Who knows . If both hit the bottom ? Big changes coming in the game as a a whole . Interesting times ahead, if that's the right word !

Derwent    1,249

So people who were screaming for dual reg with Wigan now say it's rubbish. I'd give up if I were the directors. Last year people were kicking off for not having with a bigger club.

You're missing the point. DR should augment your squad, not be a key component of it. Without DR we would struggle to put a team out, that's bad planning whichever way you look at it.