Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forwardpass

East hull

90 posts in this topic

Scott Partis is a half back also and is I guess he's going there to fight for a place in the 17 but he will be given a chance.  But I totally agree he has been more than loyal to Easts.

Just been on the blower to someone at west hull they got a big name signing coming in next week. Big name in RL. Watch this space

Any update on East Hull, Are they going to be able to field a team at the weekend, Heard some worrying rumours ref numbers at training and players leaving. Be a shame if they could not fulfil fixtures. Anybosy any idea whats happening?

Sad to hear, but it's been coming for a while, Hull no longer has the players to support 5 conference clubs. Hopefully the players will go to other clubs rather then be lost to the game

Looks like players defecting to west hull is going to cost east hull in the end, hope it's just rumours, it does not seem that long ago that east hull sent an A team to west hull to throw the game so they didn't get relegated ?

It's a very sad time but has been coming for more than a few years. Only two of us have moved to wests officially.

Posted from the other day

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Your right unfortunately, the RFL thought it would dramatically increase participation to cator for the holidays, etc but it ain't happened, someone was right all sports are suffering but RL changed seasons to stop this and all I see is it is worse

11 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Its not just player retention/recruitment, people I speak to at conference level are always saying how the gates and bar takings are down. I have heard a few clubs want to switch back to winter rugby. especially in the hull area

Posted from the other day

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Your right unfortunately, the RFL thought it would dramatically increase participation to cator for the holidays, etc but it ain't happened, someone was right all sports are suffering but RL changed seasons to stop this and all I see is it is worse

11 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Its not just player retention/recruitment, people I speak to at conference level are always saying how the gates and bar takings are down. I have heard a few clubs want to switch back to winter rugby. especially in the hull area

bar takings don't concern dockers/easts as they don't have any bar s

Very sad news to all concerned, gutted for Dave Chester and co, I hear the club does intend on continuing though which is positive

very sad news, really feel for Dave, Lee and Sarah Chester who have all put a hell of a lot into East Hull, and have pulled them out of trouble in the past when they were stitched up in the merge with Beverley,hopefully they can regroup and rebuild in the Hull and district comp.

Gutted for easts but this is what happens when you don't have youth sides

Will thatto get the 2 points now then??? And other teams who have to play them?

I would have thought any games involving East Hull will become void, So anybody who has already beaten them may lose 2 points.

That may be, feel for the two cumbrian sides that will have spend roughly a grand each on a bus to Hull to have 2 hard earned points taken from them,

perhaps the league could look to give them some recompense

I don't see what else they can do but void all results involving East Hull, I agree it's a tough pill to swallow for the two cumbrians sides but what else can they do?

They take plenty in fines over the year, they should be able to look on them favourably, never hear cumbrian sides whining about travelling, 

Sad situation all round

Good point , maybe reinburce some of the moneys spent by the clubs. but with regards to the points I think they will take them off. But I agree they should offer the clubs some form of compensation.