Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M Hopkins

Keegan Hirst

78 posts in this topic

well we needed some impact. :bb::download:  is he DR... am sending my granny up for a shirt for sunday.

To be fair on Keegan, how many forwards do we have that draw 3 and 4 men in to tackle them every time they get the ball? He did, yes he might have been slow and not run on to the ball as much as some would have liked but it always took 3 and 4 men to tackle him, meaning they were pulled out of position creating spaces.

I'm a big fan of Baz, but he never draws 3 and 4 men in to tackle him, 2 at most. Other than Rowe we don't have anyone else in the team that can do it either. In fact how many others can you name in the division? Not many I'll bet.

He was awesome in the playoffs too, IMO he had some of his best games for us towards the end of the season and was as good as anyone. It is also quite telling that out of all the players that left us at the end of the season, he will have played as many times as anyone else, maybe with the exception of Mennell, Fev have so many props to pick from, and yet they pick him most weeks. Luck? I don't think so.

Sorry DistantDog I should have read your post first. It echo's my own sentiments exactly.

well we needed some impact. :bb::download: is he DR... am sending my granny up for a shirt for sunday.

cant do nothing right in your eyes unless george or moore or ash come back winds me up

cant do nothing right in your eyes unless george or moore or ash come back winds me up

why would you be happy i sang from the rooftops, i would have one flanny over a dozen hirsts as he plays to his max, and if you read back moore wernt on my list, i say it like it is for a reason but if you rather i rave keegan so as not to wind you up then fair enough, i did say if fev couldent get him to run thru players nobody would, i dont talk out my rear end as i have watched keegan since his first games years back at moor and at boys,he looks good but he should be able to bust thru players and he cant, first time i seen alex walmsley you just knew he were going onto great things withing 10 minutes of seen him and keegans double his size, hes a nice lad and the very rare times have seen him get himself would up hes played great, look at size a stenny and tommy g to see how he should be able to bust thru the defence,i really thought he would a made sommat with the move to fev and he wont ever get a better chance, i hope he as a massive game sunday for us and maybe lift rest a team as we do need a lift, bulling players up if there not performing aint the done thing but if am proved wrong i will be first to say so, :hunter:

Was there a "sale or return" clause in bastion's signings?

Was there a "sale or return" clause in bastion's signings?

Hope so

We all thought Keegan would be useless when we signed him, and he turned out to be a very good prop in my opinion. Think the same will happen with Brennan, a bit of coaching from Kear and he'll come good, people need to remember he's only 20 and is far from the finished article!!

With Brennon I have not seen much sign of improvement so far what i have seen is a lack of stamina His fitness leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

As for Keegan i hope he does come back as other supporters have said he takes some bringing down even from a standing start if Kear could get him to run from a little deeper he could damage teams as Walmsley did. Even so coming of the bench he could be a impact player and get us moving forward. All we need now is a centre , winger, hooker, Loose forward , line breaking back rower, Scrum half. Oh never mind just beat Sheffield and give us Supporters a massive shot in the arm and hope to beat the drop. :rolleyes:  :tongue:    

He cant do any worse then the props we have currently.

I just hope he's learnt to drive the ball in at pace from deep while away from the mount.

Or maybe he was fed up of the car drive over to Featherstone........... ;)

Cars in Featherstone - are you sure?

Fev have announced tonight that Keegan has moved to Batley on loan. Does not say whether it is for a month or rest of the season.

He won't be back at Fev just wasn't good enough. Sometimes players leave clubs and don't come up to scratch when they arrive so it looks like you have got him back unless Fax want him I hope he does well for you again and wish him well as I do Batley

He won't be back at Fev just wasn't good enough. Sometimes players leave clubs and don't come up to scratch when they arrive so it looks like you have got him back unless Fax want him I hope he does well for you again and wish him well as I do Batley

Odd that he was good enough to play regularly in a top five side for the last two seasons - one that also made the Grand Final and beat the mighty Featherstone on the way. Ever thought that your standards might be a little too high?

Odd that he was good enough to play regularly in a top five side for the last two seasons - one that also made the Grand Final and beat the mighty Featherstone on the way. Ever thought that your standards might be a little too high?

Eh, better teams have higher standards, thats how they become better teams.

Standards, aspirations or narcisism?

I thought he was at Batley on loan anyway - very odd that Featherstone announce that hes coming to us on loan when he was already here on loan.

They do love a good announcement for the sake of announcing something at Fatherstone these days.

I'm looking forward to the announcements about how much money they need to stay afloat in the coming years.

Welcome back Keegan, even though you were already here.

I thought he was at Batley on loan anyway - very odd that Featherstone announce that hes coming to us on loan when he was already here on loan.

They do love a good announcement for the sake of announcing something at Fatherstone these days.

I'm looking forward to the announcements about how much money they need to stay afloat in the coming years.

I understand that there's a Featherstone press release this afternoon. Rumours are that Feisal Nahaboo made four separate visits to his gold plated toilet bowl yesterday - once for number one's and three times for number two's. It's believed that, in total, he used 10 individual sheets of toilet paper - but only washed his hands on two out of the four occasions. Craig Poskitt will be revealing all to fans concerning Mr Nahaboo's over active bowel movements at around 1600 (once he's managed to free his hand from the u-bend). Watch this space!

Featherstone have made a bid to sign Brough,Crabtree and Ferres from Huddersfield. Mr Feisal Nahaboo must be a very rich man or another Peter Risdale. Be interesting when the Featherstone financial accounts are printed for 2014. 

Featherstone have made a bid to sign Brough,Crabtree and Ferres from Huddersfield. Mr Feisal Nahaboo must be a very rich man or another Peter Risdale. Be interesting when the Featherstone financial accounts are printed for 2014. 

Huddersfield had the gall to reject the bid; We are going for Tomkins now in the hope that sense will prevail; A great stunt by Fev; It keeps Fev in the limelight whether we get slagged off or not; Loving it : - ) 

Think you have taken this the wrong way I'm not saying he's not good enough to play championship rugby but it didn't work out for him at Fev he just wasn't good enough while he was here If he goes to another club or stays at Batley and gets back to the way your club was happy with him then he will be good enough again. Sometimes player don't perform when they move clubs I believe Hirst was one of them I hope he gets back to form and is one of the players to get Batley in the playoffs You think he is good the new Fev coach didn't so it is a win win for all

Hope that explains it better

Huddersfield had the gall to reject the bid; We are going for Tomkins now in the hope that sense will prevail; A great stunt by Fev; It keeps Fev in the limelight whether we get slagged off or not; Loving it : - ) 

Phil I have the utmost respect for you and your fellow supporters, but now its getting silly, Fev are becoming the Salford of the Championship, this Feisal character is sounding like Koukash.

Flashing the chequebook all over the place. Thats not Fev, you build your team through your junior systems not buying up half the players who are available.

No im not jealous, dont think we have any aspirations for super league and dont blame you if you have, but not the way there are going about it.

They do love a good announcement for the sake of announcing something at Fatherstone these days.

It seems as though your green with envy countenance is hard to get rid of.

You can't hide it can you as your inane comments prove.

Phil I have the utmost respect for you and your fellow supporters, but now its getting silly, Fev are becoming the Salford of the Championship, this Feisal character is sounding like Koukash.

Flashing the chequebook all over the place. Thats not Fev, you build your team through your junior systems not buying up half the players who are available.

No im not jealous, dont think we have any aspirations for super league and dont blame you if you have, but not the way there are going about it.

I know that genuine Batley fans are concerned for Fev; The man has invested thousands into the club just like Mark Campbell before him; We cannot do anything about it and hope that he achieves what we all wish for; His statements do border on arrogance and for me they do need to be reigned in; What I do know though is that Mark Campbell breathes Fev Rovers and as long as he is at the helm, the club is in safe hands; I respect your views and the views of others and lets hope everything turns out for the best;

It seems as though your green with envy countenance is hard to get rid of.

You can't hide it can you as your inane comments prove.

No envy here at all, I just know whats coming your way in the future and the blinkered arrogance of some of your fans is utterly bewildering - the money man has a history of being shown the door by clubs once they have looked into his dealings and background, yet Featherstone have given him carte blanche to throw money about like confetti.

So far from being "inane" just concerned people like yourself are quite happy for your club to throw caution to the wind, knowing full well there could be massive repercussions down the line.

This is rugby league, not football, we arent big enough as a sport for money men to carry on like that.