Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M Hopkins

Keegan Hirst

78 posts in this topic

I know that genuine Batley fans are concerned for Fev; The man has invested thousands into the club just like Mark Campbell before him; We cannot do anything about it and hope that he achieves what we all wish for; His statements do border on arrogance and for me they do need to be reigned in; What I do know though is that Mark Campbell breathes Fev Rovers and as long as he is at the helm, the club is in safe hands; I respect your views and the views of others and lets hope everything turns out for the best;

good post mate I just worry for the lads in your 20s squad along with the couple of lads in Australia one of I know personally, I just wonder if they will get there chance now.

good post mate I just worry for the lads in your 20s squad along with the couple of lads in Australia one of I know personally, I just wonder if they will get there chance now.

Not many come through and make regular first team appearances from our 20s so there will be no change there and if they do they are snapped up by S/L

No envy here at all, I just know whats coming your way in the future and the blinkered arrogance of some of your fans is utterly bewildering - the money man has a history of being shown the door by clubs once they have looked into his dealings and background, yet Featherstone have given him carte blanche to throw money about like confetti.

So far from being "inane" just concerned people like yourself are quite happy for your club to throw caution to the wind, knowing full well there could be massive repercussions down the line.

This is rugby league, not football, we arent big enough as a sport for money men to carry on like that.

Buford - What proof do you have that he was shown the door at the other clubs (C*s & Fax), is it not feasible that he walked because he did not see the ambition, ability within the BODs of both clubs to take them to another level at the time and choose to move on?

If you read the Fax forum there is a significant number of fans that do not believe their BOD have the ability to take them to the next level (Challenging for the top 2 this year and SL afterwards).

Now I am not saying that FN is squeaky clean in any of this or that we as Fev fans should not be concerned about where the ride is taking us, since if you talk to the majority of our fans we do have concerns. However at this point in time there is not a lot we can do about it, so will enjoy the money he puts in and enjoy the upward cycle for the minute (we have had plenty of downs over the years. As has been said above while MC stays involved I am sure he will not allow us to be overstretched.

However, A question for you "what do you think FN expects to get out of his interest in Fev"?

Just a thought...there is a lot of land around POR..who actually owns that ? And who owns Featherstone Rovers?

Just a thought...there is a lot of land around POR..who actually owns that ? And who owns Featherstone Rovers?

It's Fev - what do you think you could earn from 14 acres of green belt land? Especially compared to what you could earn by concentrating on Probiz?

PS if you understood how the how the Fev limited company is set up you'd realise that FN could own 10million shares in Fev and still not be able to do anything with the land.

So I'll ask again "what do you think FN expects to get out of his interest in Fev"?

Look i read these comments from find it a bit petty. I dont see why it matters to us at batley what fev do or dont do let fev live there dream of gaining entry to super league why knock them for trying if dosnt work it dosnt work. Why critise them if it was other way round and we were signing lots of players good quaility im sure we too would be exstatic and blinkered to dream of super league and believe its a only a case of sooner rather than later.

Hmm, prime development opportunities for executive housing in Featherstone.

Something about that sounds odd, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

However, A question for you "what do you think FN expects to get out of his interest in Fev"?

As hes a businessman id assume hes after a profit.

As theres not much profit to be made in our game, even if you win everything every season, and as someone with no history with the club or the village, will he really have Rovers best interests at heart in order to make his money?

Maybe hes got wind theres a coal revival on the horizon and has earmarked POR for a new colliery.

Whatever his motives, it all seems very fishy.

As theres not much profit to be made in our game, even if you win everything every season, and as someone with no history with the club or the village, will he really have Rovers best interests at heart in order to make his money?

Maybe hes got wind theres a coal revival on the horizon and has earmarked POR for a new colliery.

As he's hardly an Abramovich-esque philanthropist who can throw a few billion down the toilet and smugly grin, I'd suggest the same.

Wow, into 4 pages!! Lost sight of the original topic which was Keegan Hirst back at The Mount (I do wish we'd stop calling it The Love RL.com Stadium) I was one who thought that he didn't improve greatly over the 3 seasons we had him, yes he took a few men to tackle him, but I was always concerned about his ability to wind himself up for a charge onto the ball as I've remarked before. I couldn't see what John Bastian saw in him to make his move other than thinking that he should sign half of Batley's side just because we did Fev in the play-offs and thought he'd better weaken us in case we did it again!! However, and it's credit to Keegan, as he must read some of the posts criticising him, he's come back and I think he has put a bit of zip into his game and at the same time as the rest of the team seem to have realised that they are actually half decent players. To have scored 44, 26 and 33 points in the last 3 games has probably amazed most fans who were struggling to see where points were going to come from during that long agonising spell. So, if Hirst is up for it, a helping hand from Mullaley and Johnson, who I happen to think is the best of the bunch from Giants, and our new found confidence I don't think it'll be too long before we're shifting up a gear in the table. Keighley, Barrow and N.Wales should bring points and that will set us up for the returns with Dewsbury and Doncaster who have got to be our realistic goals if we are to nick a home draw in the play-offs

what position do you have to finish in for a home play off game ?

1 2 3 or 4 th isn't it?

Hirst didn't improve in his time with us? Did you actually attend the games?

He was the biggest improver over his time with us.

Buford, thanks for the response.

Why do you believe that he is in it for a profit? As you point out there is little to no money in Rugby league so unlikely to see a return on his investment. In the same way that Abramovich is unlikely to turn much of a profit at Chelsea.

Maybe he is just in it for the kudos?

Why do you believe that he is in it for a profit? As you point out there is little to no money in Rugby league so unlikely to see a return on his investment. In the same way that Abramovich is unlikely to turn much of a profit at Chelsea.

;) Now come on Grinder...are you really that naïve ?

For all the chopping and changing their set up seems slightly jaded and seem far from challenging leigh. As for donny were are their superstars keeping them afloat?!

Am i mistaken here but its a batley forum ? Then on thread named keegan hurst as now become a all lets moan about fev ? Lets just get back to talking about batley not moaning in on about fev dont get this moaning about them trying to get to super league leave them to do what ever it is they want this thread is getting silly now . So lets try talking about batley isnt that why its called a batley bulldogs not moan about fev forum ???????

;) Now come on Grinder...are you really that naïve ?

BD,

You know I'm not that naive and have some real concerns. Do you think that Abramovich (who is also very much a business man) will make a profit at Chelsea, if not why is he investing so much money, surly it has to be kudos? And if that is the case then why couldn't FN do it on a smaller scale in Rugby League?

However I am at a loss to explain FN interest in Fev if it isn't kudos. Yes the club has some land so maybe FN wants the club to fail and then take the land for himself (which is what has been suggested above). Fev have tried to get planning permision on this same land, but failed because it is on greenbelt land. On top of this, the way the limited company is set up makes it difficult to do anything with the land without the majority of share holders allowing it (in a one man one vote situation).

Likewise if he was looking at getting anything back from his investment why did he get involved with a number of county cricket teams, the C*s and Fax in rugby league before settling on Fev? All of which would never give him a return?

At the end of the day, as has been said above, he is a business man and therefore you have to assume that he has gone into all these relationships understaning what he is likely to get out of it (nothing money wise). And if that is the case what is in the relasionship other than Kudos?

Why else would someone with no connection to a small club in a pit village suddenly swoop in and throw a load of money at it?

And if he was in it just for the Kudos, he'd have gone in with a much bigger club than Featherstone - unless all the other clubs told him to go away, which im led to believe is highly likely to have happened.

The influence of his ownership is also showing on the field by the looks of it,  your performances arent ujp to scratch as the squad is too big and players are being chopped and chan ged far too regularly, so theres no consistency - what happens if he gets bored and pulls out? is there a plan B? or will Featherstone just be left with huge debts they are unable to service?

If i were a Featherstone fan, id be very uncomfortable with what is unfolding, this is not the way forward for a small club.

As has been mentioned above, why are we having this debate on the Bulldogs forum? Surely we should be discussing the never say die attitude of the Bulldogs squad which is part of the reason some players want to join ( or rejoin as the case maybe)

As has been mentioned above, why are we having this debate on the Bulldogs forum? Surely we should be discussing the never say die attitude of the Bulldogs squad which is part of the reason some players want to join ( or rejoin as the case maybe)

Why not?

If people want to debate Fev on here then surely the best thing to do is to start a new topic so that those who wish to discuss/read about the topic subject are not being derailed.