Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jbb10

Invincibles

14 posts in this topic

No

allow me to elaborate. ...

they could but it is highly unlikely as unlike soccer you cant get away with having an off day.....

even saints of 2006 lost 3 games and that salford game cough cough. ....

I don't believe anybody has ever been unbeaten in Rugby League's top division, so the odds are stacked heavily against Saints.

If any team was ever likely to do it surely it would have been Wigan in the late 80's/early 90's when they were a fully professional team playing against part-timers. The teams are far too closely matched for it to happen nowadays.

Saints impressed me with their depleted team beating Leeds, but it would be remarkable for them to have a 100% season this year.

And that's a good thing for the game, not an anti-St Helens thing.

allow me to elaborate. ...

they could but it is highly unlikely as unlike soccer you cant get away with having an off day.....

even saints of 2006 lost 3 games and that salford game cough cough. ....

This Saints team wont go through the entire season unbeaten - as yipyee said even the great 2006 team lost (it was actually 4 games, lost one by 1 point, one by 2 points, one by 3 points and one by 4 points with the 4 point loss away at Catalans when they sent a vitual A-Team over there the week before the cup final and Stacey Jones scored in the final minute).

Barring some sort of disaster I can readily see Saints being in the top 2 come the end of the season and probably being favourites for the cup, but as we all know you only have to play reasonably well for 27 rounds and then really well for another 3 or 4 games to be champions !

I seem to remember Bradford sayhing that a few years ago after they'd won the World Club challenge, they were promptly knocked out of the CC by Leeds the following week!

Just thought that St. Helens had a fair bit of depth and seem to have a decent coach he has done his ten yr apprenticeship, but that's true that most of the great teams will lose 3 or 4 games in a season.

The next four games should see a loss...

hudds away

cas away

wigan home

widnes away

I seem to remember Bradford sayhing that a few years ago after they'd won the World Club challenge, they were promptly knocked out of the CC by Leeds the following week!

I'd say 12 years is more than a few years ago!

Looking at it leigh are still undefeated this year???

Never say never!!!