Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Whitley

Steve McNamara: Wembley froze when Johnson scored

19 posts in this topic

It looks like the whole international fixture programme has frozen since the World Cup.

it is a complete FU by the rugby league its as if they are scared to follow up a great world cup.

I froze in Halifax at the Tonga/Italy match

Wembley froze about twenty minutes into the Australia-Fiji game. By halftime I couldn't feel my extremities.

I froze in Halifax at the Tonga/Italy match

Me too, jeez it was cold that day!

That Johnson try was one of the most deflating scores I have ever experienced. Still gutted thinking about it! 

That Johnson try was one of the most deflating scores I have ever experienced. Still gutted thinking about it! 

i sank back into my seat and didn't raise my head for two minutes at least, i was gutted.

i sank back into my seat and didn't raise my head for two minutes at least, i was gutted.

The rest of the weekend was a blur; spent much of the second game in my seat but remember absolutely nothing about it... I am still haunted by the episode now; truly heartbreaking!

I recorded it and watched it around 9pm, wanted to smash my kitchen up when he scored that try, couldn't speak for about 10 minutes then just shouted extremely very loud.

Literally the most gutted I've ever been, even moreso than when York got robbed by the VR in the 2004 playoff final.

I hold a grudge against that guy, I don't mind telling you. Johnson I mean.

I've got it saved on my PVR and keep meaning to watch it again, because it was such an amazing match, and there were so many good things about England's performance. 

But I'm just not quite ready to watch it because of the last 30 seconds.

I've watched the match 5 times. I often turn the last minute off. The wife has come into the front room many times and has heard me say "just how did we lose that" to myself over and over.

We had some wire fans behind us singing about going to the final. My mates kept telling them to shut up. I don't know why but I blame them.

We had some wire fans behind us singing about going to the final. My mates kept telling them to shut up. I don't know why but I blame them.

They need to share the blame with the people behind me who said "we've got this in the bag"

I've watched the match 5 times. I often turn the last minute off. The wife has come into the front room many times and has heard me say "just how did we lose that" to myself over and over.

Like Futtocks, I still have it on my Sky box, but not managed to get round to watching it again yet, not even the first 79 minutes.

Sport at its very, very best. Also, sport at its most painful.

It was one of the most surreal experiences I have ever been part of. Everything seemed to go in slow motion and silent - everybody around us just looked like they wanted to cry, including my Scottish partner who has never cheered for England at anything in her life.

Actually, maybe it was her fault!  :angry:

It was the best game I've ever watched, the kind you watch again and again.

It was also the most gutted I've ever been and I doubt I'll ever watch it again.