Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gabby

Dual registration

13 posts in this topic

Just a thought that occurred to me. Why can York play Jake Webster [a foreigner] against us and presumably other clubs when we can't play kylie Leululia [don't think that's spelled right, also a foreigner]?

Also I think Visa states the club you can play for, as part of the Visa terms.  So playing for Hunslet is not playing for Leeds.  Its like having a Visa to work as a salesman then practicing as a doctor.

Also I think Visa states the club you can play for, as part of the Visa terms. So playing for Hunslet is not playing for Leeds. Its like having a Visa to work as a salesman then practicing as a doctor.

I think that's what gabby is saying. So why did jake webster play against us?? Unless he does have a british/eu passport as stated

He once ate fish n chips which qualifies him to be British................

Don't you know RFL can change the rules whenever they like. He got special dispensation

http://m.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/11063256.Dual_reg_duo_in_line_for_Knights_debuts/

They don't care if it skews up the results and league finishing in the lower leagues.

I always thought Daryl Powell was a big objector to Dual Reg, or has he changed his mind now?

A similar thing happened with Karl Harrison when he was at Salford , he was all for Promotion when they were in the league below SL , soon as he got them promoted , he was all for stopping P+R.............

Don't we have a legal case for suing the RL as they are choosing which CLUBS can have D/R and not which PLAYERS. We could possibly have stayed up last season if we could field anybody of Leeds' players. I also understand they stopped McShane from playing in the last match of the season.

A similar thing happened with Karl Harrison when he was at Salford , he was all for Promotion when they were in the league below SL , soon as he got them promoted , he was all for stopping P+R.............

Gary Hetherington was the same at Sheffield. When they were in the 2nd division, he wanted 4 up and down, but when they were promoted, he wanted 2 up and down.

Gary Hetherington was the same at Sheffield. When they were in the 2nd division, he wanted 4 up and down, but when they were promoted, he wanted 2 up and down.

Its like living in North Korea Gabby , the clubs don't have a say.......Just do as we say..........

Don't we have a legal case for suing the RL as they are choosing which CLUBS can have D/R and not which PLAYERS. We could possibly have stayed up last season if we could field anybody of Leeds' players. I also understand they stopped McShane from playing in the last match of the season.

the rfl don't have a say in the visa's, the only way he played for York for A. He's got a passport that allows him to work in the uk B. He was on loan not dual reg (even then its very hard with visa's) C. He got some special permission from the Uk boarder agency or who ever deals with visa's these days (but that's unlikely)

Either way the rfl have no case to answer.

the rfl don't have a say in the visa's, the only way he played for York for A. He's got a passport that allows him to work in the uk B. He was on loan not dual reg (even then its very hard with visa's) C. He got some special permission from the Uk boarder agency or who ever deals with visa's these days (but that's unlikely)

Either way the rfl have no case to answer.

Maybe not , but the RFL have a case to answer for DR , thats where this as all started from................