Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiders96

Team and predictions for Keighley

62 posts in this topic

Not the point though is it, im sure the 2 coachfulls of fans that spent their money to go dont want to hear, "ah well it was only a cup match". Letting in 54 points against keighley (taking nothing away from them) is a joke! Considering last season we lost in the last minute to them, weve obviously took a large backwards step. Hope we can get it sorted in the next couple of weeks or it could be a long season! COME ON BARROW!

It was a tongue in cheek comment.

We haven't made a massive step back this year, we've took a slight step backwards whilst everyone else has taken huge steps forward by focusing on recruitment as there is 5 relegation spots this year.

I want to know who was responsible for the Haggerty deal and I don't know how we agreed to that. Why trade a player with experience and proven quality in this division for a load of reserves who Leigh want to get some game time just in case they get some injuries. Absolutely barking decision.

Apart from the Sheffield game the start of this season has been worse than last year. We got 52 points put past us by Leigh this year, last year we got a bonus point. This year we got beat by Workington, last year we beat a much stronger Workington side. We shipped an average of 40 points against Haven and Swinton this year, last year we were much better defencively. We got beat with a last minute try away at Keighley last year, this year we shipped 54 points against them. We also got beaten by a side who have just been promoted and had 66 points put past them by Fev today. Our next 2 fixtures are Fev and Halifax. We lose both of them our season may be over and we are not even half way through April.

At least we get to visit some new grounds next year I guess?

good post RSN... that about sums it up mate

yep it does !  but look on the bright side it cant get much worse

I think we need to do everything to get Kurt back he's well organised and got experience which is what were lacking, weve got a bunch of Leigh reserves that need game time and in my opinion this deal has made us look like mugs. I really can't see us staying up this season unless changes are made fast

He shouldnt have signed a contract to play for us then!

Kurt would not have much difference today our choices in game play poor far to many incomplete sets , woeful discipline and poor defence.

They had much more experience  in Shekell , Rawlings, Handforth and March.

They had much more experience  in Shekell , Rawlings, Handforth and March.

That's the problem, the majority of teams have a lot more experience than us. 

The problem we have this season is that most teams will have already started talks with players by the end of August 2013. Most teams will have been picked and probably training by mid September. We on the other hand had no Coach at the end of the season and did not appoint the new coach until the 10th of October.

The stranglehold on the Raiders finances means that teams with less than half the fans through the gate can afford more expensive players.

Its a massive gamble for the BOD, what do they do bring more expensive players in (from what's left out there)and hope for more through the gates to finance them or accept were we are probably going to be come next season and start looking at what's required next year.

The prospect of going down next year needs to be carefully looked at as if we do will the number of fans drop to a level which cannot pay the scheduled debts off together with players wages ?.

We only have a third of the original BOD left and the task they have is extremely difficult IMO. Turning the clock back 2 seasons ago yes the BOD could have done things a lot different but we are were we are and lets hope that things turn around fast.

Anyone know what Jack Spencers is going to be doing as the french season has nearly finished