Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Scott

Brett Ferres incident

123 posts in this topic

Yes I thought it was quite embarrassing aswell the way lomax threw his legs up in the air to get Ferres sent off. Obviously he thought that was the only way for saints to get back into the game if the Giants went down to 12 men. It's getting too much like football with all the play acting.

Does he?

Yes he does, that tackle made me feel sick.

Yes I thought it was quite embarrassing aswell the way lomax threw his legs up in the air to get Ferres sent off. Obviously he thought that was the only way for saints to get back into the game if the Giants went down to 12 men. It's getting too much like football with all the play acting.

And the way he hurled himself headfirst into the ground was just disgusting. ;) 

Awful to watch.

Needs banning for a long, long time.

Totally agree, make it so players won't even think about making a sickening tackle like that ever again. 4-6 matches for me.

Totally agree, make it so players won't even think about making a sickening tackle like that ever again. 4-6 matches for me.

So what would you give for this?

btw he got three, Ropati was out for 12 weeks.

And the way he hurled himself headfirst into the ground was just disgusting. ;)

And really stupid, he could have hurt himself doing that.

I thought 6-8 but would probably go with 6. Thank goodness that Johnny is alright. Sicekening is an appropriate word.

So what would you give for this?

btw he got three, Ropati was out for 12 weeks.

More than 3 matches anyway, I'd have given chase about 10 matches at least for that disgraceful "tackle"

I'd go with 8 matches to make a statement.

I thought 6-8 but would probably go with 6. Thank goodness that Johnny is alright. Sicekening is an appropriate word.

Indeed, tackles like that make my heart stop. Rugby league is tough enough without acts of madness like that.

Bonkers barmy tackle but was there malicious intent?.......I doubt he was trying to do that on purpose, particularly after the sickening injury in Australia last week. I think it was a brain explosion and he deserves his sending off and a banning but I do see a difference here between a poorly effected tackle that could end up with an injury versus a deliberate attack to someones head/face that results in injury

Bonkers barmy tackle but was there malicious intent?.......I doubt he was trying to do that on purpose, particularly after the sickening injury in Australia last week. I think it was a brain explosion and he deserves his sending off and a banning but I do see a difference here between a poorly effected tackle that could end up with an injury versus a deliberate attack to someones head/face that results in injury

Ferres has never struck me as a malicious player, but the match was helter-skelter and I imagine he was not the only man on the pitch acting on pure instinct/panic/adrenaline. He deserves the red card and a ban for a few matches, but I seriously doubt he'd have done that deliberately.

When you lift somebody up in the air, turn them upside down and drive their head into the ground for me that's intentional.

Why did Wellens come in and start on Kopjak, who hadn't had a part in the tackle? Wellens should have got a yellow card as well.

If he'd lifted him and lost his grip and Lomax had fell awkwardly I'd have some sympathy. Instead he drove him into the ground I'd expect a hefty ban.

If he'd lifted him and lost his grip and Lomax had fell awkwardly I'd have some sympathy. Instead he drove him into the ground I'd expect a hefty ban.

There was a very similar incident in the 2011 CC Final Wigan v Leeds which didn't even result in a yellow card IIRC.

He went in for a reverse lift, what did he think was going to happen? Should be season ban and on a warning for next season!

Bonkers barmy tackle but was there malicious intent?.......

Irrelevant.  Ferres is an experienced player.  He knows how to avoid that kind of tackle.  Lomax already has three plates in his skull.  He doesn't need another one.

Didn't think it was that bad, didn't warrant a sending off IMHO.

It was certainly reckless, a penalty would have been sufficient.

Didn't think it was that bad, didn't warrant a sending off IMHO.

It was certainly reckless, a penalty would have been sufficient.

You think tackles which are illegal and can put people in wheel chairs should not result in a red card?

6 games.

It was a brainfart, but a highly dangerous one at that. There was enough opportunity to realise he was the only man in the tackle and that the lift and turn was in no way necessary. I bet he's - rightly - gutted about what happened but there was just no excuse for what happened. Luckily it seemed Lomax was ok.

All lifting tackles where there is a spear should be sent off like rugby union