Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

unbelievable bbc

114 posts in this topic

I am just watching ITV's news bulletin, they are showing F1, football highlights, the rowing, davis cup tennis and but nothing about the RL. ITV are a disgrace and have no right to show the Rugby League.

Oh wait hang on they don't. 

Or, to paraphrase "ITV aren't really good at anything much".

so they were going to bid, but didn't. I wonder why.

Because Sky outbid them at the last minute. The fact they were interested is a good sign, especially the level as well. 

I am just watching ITV's news bulletin, they are showing F1, football highlights, the rowing, davis cup tennis and but nothing about the RL. ITV are a disgrace and have no right to show the Rugby League.

Oh wait hang on they don't. 

Because they don't have the rights and the BBC is a rival channel. 

Because they don't have the rights and the BBC is a rival channel. 

Yet they showed the BBC coverage of the boat race. If ITV were as interested in RL as you think they might be, you would have thought they might ask for some when they took the footage of the race.

Or just maybe  the reality is they are not as interested as you think.

Because Sky outbid them at the last minute. The fact they were interested is a good sign, especially the level as well. 

but not interested enough to top sky, who subsequently let premier have the coverage. They have shown next to no interest in RL since. Not too heartening for mine

The sooner RL leaves the BBC, the better. Go somewhere that will give it respect. If I were in the RFL, I'd be looking around to find a new home for CC games. ITV4, for example, has a lot of filler and repeats, but if we offered it to them, I'm sure they'd be interested.

The BBC has been a total Disgrace,,,,,lets Feck them right off

ITV are good at showing adverts.

They have no other purpose and are not interested in anything that doesn't pull in the big advertisers.

The BBC has been a total Disgrace,,,,,lets Feck them right off

and do what, have no challenge cup on the TV, great idea!

Yet they showed the BBC coverage of the boat race. If ITV were as interested in RL as you think they might be, you would have thought they might ask for some when they took the footage of the race.

Or just maybe  the reality is they are not as interested as you think.

Well the Boat Race is one of the biggest events in the UK sports calendar, so no surprises there. The BBC promote the Grand National, even though it's on C4. Unless ITV were showing the match live, then completely ignored it on their sports news, then it would be different. 

ITV are good at showing adverts.

They have no other purpose and are not interested in anything that doesn't pull in the big advertisers.

Thats why they exist, and I'm afraid to say two towns in the north of England is hardly going to have big name sponsors queuing around the block

Didn't the RFL do exactly what everyone wanted with the last lot of bidding? Give it to an outside agency and package up for any interested broadcasters? We got the BBC and Sky.

Steady! Reality and the truth, especially when it involves the RFL, don't sit well on these pages.

Well the Boat Race is one of the biggest events in the UK sports calendar, so no surprises there. The BBC promote the Grand National, even though it's on C4. Unless ITV were showing the match live, then completely ignored it on their sports news, then it would be different. 

Different why? other than to support your weak claims on this thread.

I think if ITV were even remotely interested in Rugby League then they would have at least mentioned the scores on their news bulletin, you would think, with such a dearth of RL on their channel they might not be interested in the sport at all, if you had any sense.

Different why? other than to support your weak claims on this thread.

Because the BBC had a live event today and still ignored it on their sports news, which is usually heavily biased in favour of sports they show. Now had ITV4 shown the game live and completely ignored it on their sports news, I'd have criticised them as well.

RL fans can't bow down to the BBC and then moan and whinge when they give no coverage for the sport. I look forward to the next thread after the 5th round, after the CC has once again been ignored. 

Because the BBC had a live event today and still ignored it on their sports news, which is usually heavily biased in favour of sports they show. Now had ITV4 shown the game live and completely ignored it on their sports news, I'd have criticised them as well.

RL fans can't bow down to the BBC and then moan and whinge when they give no coverage for the sport. I look forward to the next thread after the 5th round, after the CC has once again been ignored. 

If that's all you have now then your gone. Your Nigel Wood Role-play was better and you didn't convince me then.

As far as i can see the BBC have once again committed to show a round 5 game, scheduled for april 26th as yet sky have not and the miraculous ITV4 bid has not yet come in either. The BBC showed one full game from the round and had 9 local radio commentaries so as I see It right now the BBC is the only broadcaster NOT ignoring the CC. 

Same as every year, you can come to the realisation that this is your lot or you can live in a dreamworld hoping to be rescued by Eurosport, your choice

And why have it on same time as all other games (bar 15 mins ), crazy !

so they could have the draw after the game instead of some obscure time on a monday on local radio FFS!!!

If that's all you have now then your gone. Your Nigel Wood Role-play was better and you didn't convince me then.

As far as i can see the BBC have once again committed to show a round 5 game, scheduled for april 26th as yet sky have not and the miraculous ITV4 bid has not yet come in either. The BBC showed one full game from the round and had 9 local radio commentaries so as I see It right now the BBC is the only broadcaster NOT ignoring the CC. 

Same as every year, you can come to the realisation that this is your lot or you can live in a dreamworld hoping to be rescued by Eurosport, your choice

And let me guess, those radio stations were all in the north? What was the coverage like on 5 Live? 

Yay well done BBC showing a game they're supposed to given they have the rights. 

Well ITV4 will have to wait for the next bidding round obviously. It's not often I agree with Koukash, but he's bang on the money about RL not selling itself properly and he's been in the game for what, one year. Keep selling the sport short and you'll keep being relegated to local radio and the receiving same coverage as lawn bowls and netball. 

And let me guess, those radio stations were all in the north? What was the coverage like on 5 Live? 

Yay well done BBC showing a game they're supposed to given they have the rights. 

Well ITV4 will have to wait for the next bidding round obviously. It's not often I agree with Koukash, but he's bang on the money about RL not selling itself properly and he's been in the game for what, one year. Keep selling the sport short and you'll keep being relegated to local radio and the receiving same coverage as lawn bowls and netball. 

Well, since I watched the game on the TV I had no need to listen to 5 live. What a strange question to ask.

Yes, since the game is a predominately northern sport, and most of these games involved at least one small northern town yes they were BBC local radio stations, however they are all readily available countrywide on that medium you suggested we broadcast the games on in the first instance - the internet I imagine BBC London covered the Broncos on friday also. 

Sky have the rights to the CC, they did not show any games. Maybe if they cared about the Cup like the BBC do they would have.

If you had bothered to listen to a word said on the thread you would know ITV/c4/Eurosport or even C Beebies could have bid for coverage of the game when given the opportunity, but they didn't, no other broadcaster has even read out the results for the Challenge cup giving the game precisley no publicity at all, not even local radio, to recap that's less coverage than Lawn bowls if your still struggling with this concept.

Your just not getting it, or listening to the facts so you are more than welcome to share thoughts with the mad doctor.

If you had bothered to listen to a word said on the thread you would know ITV/c4/Eurosport or even C Beebies could have bid for coverage of the game when given the opportunity, but they didn't, no other broadcaster has even read out the results for the Challenge cup giving the game precisley no publicity at all, not even local radio, to recap that's less coverage than Lawn bowls if your still struggling with this concept.

Your just not getting it, or listening to the facts so you are more than welcome to share thoughts with the mad doctor.

And I asked what their marketing plan was and I was ignored. So I'll ask again, is there a copy of how they sold the Challenge Cup and RL to these partners? Is it available to be seen anywhere? And who was the marketing company the RFL joined with? It's the first I've heard if it, you'd think it would be big news in RL circles. Now if they actually sold the sport as I said they should, then fair enough, or was it a case of: "RL is popular in the north and also in Australia! Yay! Please please show our sport." Who did they ask as well? Was it just Premier, SS, BT and the BBC? 

And I asked what their marketing plan was and I was ignored. So I'll ask again, is there a copy of how they sold the Challenge Cup and RL to these partners? Is it available to be seen anywhere? And who was the marketing company the RFL joined with? It's the first I've heard if it, you'd think it would be big news in RL circles. Now if they actually sold the sport as I said they should, then fair enough, or was it a case of: "RL is popular in the north and also in Australia! Yay! Please please show our sport." Who did they ask as well? Was it just Premier, SS, BT and the BBC? 

why are you asking me? I didn't bring it up and certainly don't want to help you out of this epic fail. Look for it yourself if your that bothered. Where have you "sold" the sport, like your selective hearing throughout the thread you must have missed the bit where three or four posters gave you reasons why they would not want to pick up the product you offered in the scenario you described?

So do me a favour will you make up your mind on the direction you are taking this thread. you seem to alternate between thrashing the Beeb and the RFL with no real end or actual point in sight.

why are you asking me? I didn't bring it up and certainly don't want to help you out of this epic fail. Look for it yourself if your that bothered. Where have you "sold" the sport, like your selective hearing throughout the thread you must have missed the bit where three or four posters gave you reasons why they would not want to pick up the product you offered in the scenario you described?

So do me a favour will you make up your mind on the direction you are taking this thread. you seem to alternate between thrashing the Beeb and the RFL with no real end or actual point in sight.

Like I said, it's the first I'd heard of it so I don't know how to find it. I don't even know the name of the agency! Well the answers I got weren't exactly great, especially as we don't even know if ITV4 were offered the rights anyway. IMO, they went straight to the BBC and Sky and that's it. If I could find out this marketing company, who apparently offered the rights around, then I would know for certain. After all, RL accepted the bid from Sky for SL rights without asking anyone else, so it's not like RL doesn't have previous in that scenario. 

I also mentioned YouTube as a good way to show live coverage, I even gave examples of why it's been used to stream live events, but that seemed to be ignored.

Look I wouldn't complain if the BBC ignored the cup if they didn't show it, fair enough I expect that. But to completely ignore when you have shown it on your channel, just shows the lack of respect they have for RL, which is why I said the RFL need to stand up more for the game. 

Like I said, it's the first I'd heard of it so I don't know how to find it. I don't even know the name of the agency! Well the answers I got weren't exactly great, especially as we don't even know if ITV4 were offered the rights anyway. IMO, they went straight to the BBC and Sky and that's it. If I could find out this marketing company, who apparently offered the rights around, then I would know for certain. After all, RL accepted the bid from Sky for SL rights without asking anyone else, so it's not like RL doesn't have previous in that scenario. 

I also mentioned YouTube as a good way to show live coverage, I even gave examples of why it's been used to stream live events, but that seemed to be ignored.

Look I wouldn't complain if the BBC ignored the cup if they didn't show it, fair enough I expect that. But to completely ignore when you have shown it on your channel, just shows the lack of respect they have for RL, which is why I said the RFL need to stand up more for the game. 

What is your obsession with ITV4? do you not think the person who looks after sport on ITV4 is aware of RL already? Has it occurred to you he doesn't want to buy any RL rights?

It wasnt ignored, I just thought it was another stupid idea. give games away on the internet when your main argument is to get more revenue and exposure by selling the rights to other terrestrial broadcasters. Giving games away suggests nobody wants us to me.

For the last time The BBC have not ignored the cup, you just seem to think that because they did the same thing as every other broadcaster in their newscasts, despite being the only broadcaster to give a monkeys about the cup thus far.

My obsession with ITV4 is because it's the only sports channel on Freeview TV. All I want to know is: have we have tried them and if they're happy showing stuff like darts and cycling (non-TDF), then why would they not be interested in RL? 

Well I don't think Youtube is stupid, as it can be witnessed from all around the world and you will know exactly how many were watching the broadcast, along with YouTube being more watched than tv these days. The social media angle is just as important for the sport to grow as is terrestrial tv. 

Okay, let us know how you know that ITV were not approached.