Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Rams Updates

Swinton away, Sunday 13th April KO 3pm

65 posts in this topic

Great match today. We may have won (and it was anyone's 5 mins from the end) but it takes 2 teams to make a game.

Nice to be part of a good atmosphere....not like the hostile York fans last week!

The tables might be turned in a few weeks when we play at yours but fingers crossed it's as exciting and close as today.

you are a complete pratt.....i guess you dont win too many matches ?.......LOL

4 wins out of the last 5 games actually. The defeat was away at Featherstone.

However you are correct, Blue Monkey is a prat.

And every game IS a cup final for Swinton.... Nowt wrong with that as the players put it on the line every week.

There's some good posts on here,but let's move on now it's getting boring. Let's just say swinton had a good mix of players amateurs,duel reg & players you've signed from other clubs,look forward to return fixture

I enjoyed that especially the last try by our old player it was a cracker :lol:

you are a complete pratt.....i guess you dont win too many matches ?.......LOL

Where's your sense of humour?

Plain to see, you're just a bad loser. It's just a game - you win some, you lose some - don't upset yourself.

Where's your sense of humour?

Plain to see, you're just a bad loser. It's just a game - you win some, you lose some - don't upset yourself.

Just so you dont look any dafter RPH is a Batley fan and yes they won today.

Just proves you've got to turn up in this league. Think the players are expecting a win at times eg whitehaven at home to. You can't go into games thinking it's a easy conclusion simple don't turn up you won't win in this league.

Big match on Friday two teams in not so good form makes for a good derby match hopefully we can end out derby hoodoo.

Just proves you've got to turn up in this league. Think the players are expecting a win at times eg whitehaven at home to. You can't go into games thinking it's a easy conclusion simple don't turn up you won't win in this league.

Big match on Friday two teams in not so good form makes for a good derby match hopefully we can end out derby hoodoo.

Wasn't there, sunning myself in Florida, but more than just jimbo saying don't turn up and you don't win. I agree and this is the most disappointing aspect of our game under GM. We just don't turn up consistently. I am sure it worries him more than us, but finding the answer is massively important. We can't win at Donny, at home to Fev and then loose home games to Whitehaven ! Would be gobsmacked if we turn the doggies over, but me being thousands of miles away makes it a possibility. Don't like the sound of the injury situation mind.

Blakemore.

Is O'Brien not the same player who has played several Super League game for Warrington?

Think he kicked every attempt at goal and also had a large influence on the game in general -

just as Bridge did last year.

Defence has seen to go to plot to in last few weeks. We was brilliant in Defence against featherstone. Whitehaven was the start of it.

This season is like last season so far no improvement made at all yet.

Be disappointed if we can't kick on this season with the amount of quality we've bought in and the amount which we've spent.

Defence has seen to go to plot to in last few weeks. We was brilliant in Defence against featherstone. Whitehaven was the start of it.

This season is like last season so far no improvement made at all yet.

Be disappointed if we can't kick on this season with the amount of quality we've bought in and the amount which we've spent.

Most disappointed with our performance on Sunday. If ever there was lesson to be learned from the Featherstone game, it was take the two points when they are offered and we didn't and we should've!

Our defence, as pointed out by all, was poor; we still cannot do the simple thing of one upstairs and one around the legs when tackling and we can't cover the ball in the tackle either. Our defensive line seems to be all at sea at times and on too many occasions Scott comes in from his wing, leaving a clear gap (Burgess' four tries last week springs to mind), but he did hit his opponent well on one occasion.

On attack on sunday we seemed to be passing the ball along the line for the sake of passing, when running at the defence, or drawing an opponent before passing would have been better. Our props (especially, but not wholly) are receiving the ball when not moving; the players should be running onto the ball, which then helps break down the defence. I have to wonder how Thackeray failed to score the number of times he did.

On the plus side I think Grady is an outstanding player, not only for the three tries he scored, but his defence too, along with Spicer who never disappoints.

We need a big improvement if we are to beat the old enemy on Friday. Play like we did against Featherstone, then we shall, but I suspect it just will not happen.

We need someone quicker at fullback, either Morton or Sherriff, Hyde was outpaced by Luke Menzies