Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superten

no super league sunday

14 posts in this topic

No super league games this Sunday . Not bad when you think its packed with football on Sunday this week . Could Friday nights become super league nights for all clubs in the near future ? The only draw back I can see is that sky have live super league match on Friday nights as well . Would be great to see a soccer Saturday format for rugby league on Friday night . With no super league Sunday CHAMPIONSHIP  clubs should be looking to cash in offer some deals to get super league fans through the turn styles .  

I hope not. It's ok for derby games but if you've got to travel any distance on a Friday night on the M62 it's a nightmare.

I can't see my team, Cas, changing to regular Friday nights.

This does wind me up. I love Sunday and think the aggregation of rugby on one afternoon is crucial for exposure of the game. One Friday game on Sky, another on Saturday evening at a stretch, then all other games on Sunday afternoon would be my choice.

I myself an not in favour of Thursday and Friday matches, weekend games are the best way to go . Maybe RL could look at playing early games Saturday and Sunday lunch times for live TV games with the rest 3 o clockish on Sunday .    

Standard practice week before Easter. Spread the games out over the busy period

It feels like there have been a larger than average number of Sunday games so far - compared to previous seasons.

No super league games this Sunday . Not bad when you think its packed with football on Sunday this week . Could Friday nights become super league nights for all clubs in the near future ? The only draw back I can see is that sky have live super league match on Friday nights as well . Would be great to see a soccer Saturday format for rugby league on Friday night . With no super league Sunday CHAMPIONSHIP  clubs should be looking to cash in offer some deals to get super league fans through the turn styles .  

Don't you think that not playing on a Sunday is wise given that Easter weekend is coming up the following weekend?

I'm not in favour of Friday night matches unless you're on Sky, having 4/5 matches on a Friday night is silly imo. I think there should be a set day for RL, my preference would be Sundays at 3 and then the live Sky games and the Catalans home games on a different day.

Does this thread happen every year?!

Its Easter weekend next week as others have said. So they're giving the players as much rest time before then as possible.

Does this thread happen every year?!

Its Easter weekend next week as others have said. So they're giving the players as much rest time before then as possible.

Dad, why aren't there any Superleague games this Sunday?  ;)

I hope not. It's ok for derby games but if you've got to travel any distance on a Friday night on the M62 it's a nightmare.

I can't see my team, Cas, changing to regular Friday nights.

Cas were regular Friday nighters when I was a lad.

I myself an not in favour of Thursday and Friday matches, weekend games are the best way to go . Maybe RL could look at playing early games Saturday and Sunday lunch times for live TV games with the rest 3 o clockish on Sunday .    

Why do that when the premierleagueball has one of those slots.

I'm happy with Thursday and Friday night games on Sky.

I do however prefer to watch Hull KR on a Saturday afternoon - perfect time for me!

Why do that when the premierleagueball has one of those slots.

no premier league in June or July though