Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve wild

Keighley Cup tie

41 posts in this topic

The Board would like to apologise for the confusion caused over the staging of the Keighley cup tie.

Originally we had been informed that Leigh had opted to play on the Friday night and that we would be playing on Sunday the 27th April, subsequently we contacted Keighley and duly advised them,It then seems Featherstone objected to the Rugby league about playing Friday and the RFL came down in favour of Featherstone and told Leigh they will play that tie on the Sunday at 3pm.

At the Match against Dewsbury we were informed by LSV that they were waiting to hear from the RL when it seems this was all cut and dried by Friday last week, even Keighley received an e-mail telling them on Saturday morning, sadly the RL chose not to tell Swinton.

We then offered to play Keighley on the Friday but they have turned this down and the RL have told us we have to play the tie either on the Saturday or Sunday at a venue of our choice.

Therefore the game will now take place on Saturday the 26th April at LSV with a 3pm KO.

We are sincerely sorry for any disruption to our fans and hope that as many of you who can make the game do so.

Alan ( On behalf on Swinton RLFC)

I'll be there but what happened to the wedding? Have the RFL told them that they have to play it on the Friday?

I hear the bride has objected but the groom was ok about it. The issue is currently being discussed by the RFL.

Ive also heard hes pro dual reg and she is a fervent opponent.

With such polarised views on issues which not only affect the integrity of the marriage but also the sanctity of its governance I see very little hope for them

Of course they agree on the silly stuff..like love health well being and the care for one another. ..but no no no this life changing issue won't go away

What a shame.

Hi Alan,

Think it needs updating on the website, still showing as Sun.

Cheers

The web site will be duly updated just as soon as Ian Rigg gets home from work since he is the man for this job, but thank you for the heads up.

If they can see the pitch form their function room we should charge them 15 quid per head to watch the game or black out the windows !!! 

Hi Alan,

Think it needs updating on the website, still showing as Sun.

Cheers

I have the keys to drive the website so don't worry yourself about it.

It will be done in the next 3 hours

Riggy

A really nice old fashioned retro kick-off time (Saturday 3.00pm).

Might even attract a bit of neutral interest from the Leigh-Wigan area in general.

###### I'm going to struggle to get there, But I'll give it a go,

Hope thats the case Steve, planned a visit to Cornwall between the Leigh game and this game - travelling back on the Saturday.

p.s. good piece from you, in yesterdays programme, on the clubs position on DR.

Now travelling back on the Friday - hope no more changes