Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Sheffield game!

162 posts in this topic

Any Wigan lads at training tonight?

They're you go . Mark Aston wants his players to improve their attitude to ... After their 12 try cup win . Must be hell for him ...

No Dudson or James this weekend, both playing tonight. The Academy Prop Sutton is the only forward to miss out.

Are we trying wingers or centres at prop this weekend? I hope there sending someone down tomorrow! We are light and if barrow went there to win we need to beleive at least a bonus point is possible!

One of the quality Academy lads would do me, either Sutton or Austin. However if I was really greedy - Dom Crosby!

Manfredi and/or Gelling need a run out if we need Wingers!

If it's right Lupton is out, move carter to six and bring one of them so we don't need to move a centre on to wing

If Peter can't play (hamstring) then go the whole hog and get Ryan Hampshire to play Stand Off or Scrum Half.

If Peter can't play (hamstring) then go the whole hog and get Ryan Hampshire to play Stand Off or Scrum Half.

100% agree

If Powell was not picked for Wigan tonight he is the one i would like to see at stand off for town on Sunday?? 

If Powell was not picked for Wigan tonight he is the one i would like to see at stand off for town on Sunday?? 

Wont get Sam Powell abu, he was sub tonight alongside Jordan James, Jack Hughes and big Eddy Pettybourne

Gelling and Sutton missed out tonight by the look of it

Williams and Powell in the 17 tonight ... Logan Tomkins going to Salford shows that loaning out players to other SL teams can affect our DR link indirectly . It puts guys you may get up the pecking order . Can also affect you directly of course as you desire those players ! We work out a DR link , yet there's a loan system used outside that which pulls against it at times from our perspective . Makes sense from Wigans, but you wonder what discussions if any were had on that . If there was a group of players deemed for DR and others deemed for SL development. Wigan have lots of talent and contract no mugs which is good , and they're much wanted ! They call the shots , justifiably .

So as of now we have coward,shacks and rowlandson as props for tomorrow?or is mcavoy fit?

Wait n see today wonky, thetes some fairly big looking guys in cherry n white track suits travelling down the m6 as we speak maybe a bit young though

@WorkingtonTown: @WiganWarriorsRL dual reg signings Jack Murphy, Connor Farrell, Lewis Tierney & Anthony Gelling all go in to the Town squad for tomorrow

Huge ask tomorrow in the pack then . Good lads out wide , but it's getting the foothold up the middle to get them into it . And I guess it's a new half pairing to see . That'll be interesting

@WorkingtonTown: @WiganWarriorsRL dual reg signings Jack Murphy, Connor Farrell, Lewis Tierney & Anthony Gelling all go in to the Town squad for tomorrow

cheers Scott. Pleased to see gelling come up, hope he gets some decent ball to work with. I think we're putting a lot on forbers shoulders tomorrow as he is our only recognised half so should be the commander and chief, hopefully this will push him forward and give him a new lease of life.

Can't give what isn't there I fear although you wish him well. Hopefully carter or Tierney alongside to give some individual fizz , but good backs or not , I fear we may lack the quality in kicking and passing and control at 7 and power up front against these to give those backs enough to work with . Hope I'm wrong , but I think we lack the firepower where games are won against this level of opponent . I'm just looking for a competive , improved 80 minute performance and good signs we're picking up and what PV is teaching and training is being taken on board , so we have optimism moving ahead . Returns will come off that , but not if we carry on with the same deficiencies . PV is spot on with his observations , he now needs a response .

Is Matty fit?

According to today's paper him Mcavoy and Olstrom return