Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Sheffield game!

162 posts in this topic

The disallowed tries were correctly disallowed. Definitely forward passes and it was obstruction. The Sheffield try looked ok

Ha aye ok pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

put your fishing rod away LeeF

Not fishing, just my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest to bomb Kayles try was a shocker. Such a simple pass, one we should never have given the ref a decision to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Leef they could have been forward passes seems though he only gave them if they resulted in a TRY,all the rest he was not interested  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Leef they could have been forward passes seems though he only gave them if they resulted in a TRY,all the rest he was not interested

Except the last pass in the last try on the highlights which is the worst of the lot. And if anyone can't see that then they need to go to Specsavers. lol. Who noticed that they showed one of the Eagles tries twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except the last pass in the last try on the highlights which is the worst of the lot. And if anyone can't see that then they need to go to Specsavers. lol. Who noticed that they showed one of the Eagles tries twice?

Agree Keith, the last Eagles try was the easiest to see the forward pass or not as it was a short pass and the camera angle was good. It was clearly forward.

The others - highly debateable whether forward or not from those highlights (for both sides) no-one can clearly say due to camera angles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only the Connor try looked slightly forward IMO, the Teirney try was a shocking decision and their last try was deffo a forward pass. It's about time we had a bit of luck going our way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's right unicorn . On top of everything we rightly focus on you do need that break . That bad call to go your way in a vital spot . And when you're struggling , things are hard anyway and doubly need it , it just never seems to come . That 10% of Lady Luck , as you work at the other 90 %

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tale of 2 halves today at Sheffield against Doncaster. At half-time Sheffield led 28 - 12 but Donny won the second half 30 - 6 and won the game 42 - 34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And we've seen both of them ... Not frightening were they ? And yet no doubt come the pointy end they'll be there or there abouts . Very frustrating . But they find a way to get the job done . There's not much difference throughout most of this league - a string puller , a pack to rumble up the pitch and a good structure , with solid well executed basics and defence gets the job done more often than not . You're hardly ever saying ' wow , how scintillating were they '.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Donny are the only team that is making a success from the DR system. By my reckoning they had 4 DR players and another loanee today and they are now 3rd in the league so they must be doing something right!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They always look well drilled , well structured , have good basics and have those two keys in a great controlling half and big lads rolling them on . They're usually competitive . Nothing flash but they know what it takes . Cooke still scares teams to death !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.